TJMaximus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages TJMaximus
shroud2 wrote:Sounds more like you got a ticket for speeding. 81 > 75

For six over, in the state that didn't even have a set (daytime) speed limit for a few years? He got a ticket for having out of state plates. :-P My guess is it was a local cop trolling the interstate, rather than MHP, but who knows...

And to the "ZOMG Mt. Rushmore isn't in Montana!!!!11!!1!" people, oblivious to South Dakota's caption:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECUrlnXCqk

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas

As un thrilled as I am about this design, I sat here for a good 3 minutes trying to decide if I should buy one anyway in AA just to encourage you to keep offering them.

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

Pretty cool. Congrats on the win Apelad, one little gag and about Mount Rushmore, and you've managed to generate over 160 comments.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 36.993s
First Sucker: jmoustakas
Last Wooter to Woot: amespolo
Last Purchase: 5 minutes ago

First day sales 1057 AA & Anvil
First day posts 161

ScottFromWyoming

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ScottFromWyoming
jmhatfield07 wrote:Seriously, Montana has Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks...Yogi the bear joke would have been appropriate maybe. Needless to say, Montana does have notable things. Hello, Yellowstone National Park is pretty much a giant super volcano!

Okay I'm late to this kerfuffle over Montana claiming Mt. Rushmore but here we have the extra layer of funny: Montana does often claim Yellowstone which does make Wyoming go "Hey!" all. the. time.

Well maybe it's just me who goes "hey!" every time. Hmm. Anyway. A thin strip of Yellowstone does lie in Montana and a thinner strip in Idaho, but all of the major features you go to see (geysers, falls, lakes, canyons) are in Wyoming.

I feel better now, thanks!

palaguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palaguin

Montana also has the Little Big Horn. It also could have said "Big Sky...whatever that means"

morachi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages morachi

Obviously Louisiana was not amused by the lack of something to call our own so no one bought any shirts.

Lessee...swamps, bayous, crawfish, gators, Cajuns, gumbo, French everything, etc, etc....

shaynarachel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaynarachel
Harui wrote:Arkansas has a crater? I did not know this. I only knew of the one in Arizona (which I've been to). >_>

Arkansas has Crater of Diamonds State Park, which is really not the same as a crater. It looks like the artist didn't research this one very well. It's the diamonds that are significant (there's even one on the state flag), not the "crater," which these days is a plowed-up field of dirt.

colegrove713

quality posts: 2 Private Messages colegrove713
palaguin wrote:It also could have said "Big Sky...whatever that means"

LOL. If you ever go to Big Hole National Battlefield, you'll understand what Big Sky means. However, that would have been a good caption.

nmumark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages nmumark

I do like the arrogance of California. Captures the state well.

kalaharinight

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kalaharinight

Way late to the party but this needs to be available on a tote bag, for those of us who just don't wear printed T shirts but who totally love this quirky map!

I would carry things in a Land of Splendor and Corn tote bag for the rest of my life, if I had one (or two or three).

Really, I'm not blue, I don't have a ratty beard, and I NEVER wear pink.