fablefire


quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Bok Bok Party Wok



Thanks much everyone! :D

geekincarnadine


quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekincarnadine
thatrobert wrote:"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch who watches over you..." Nice!



Thanks! I was hoping it was alt enough not to be considered a pop-culture reference. :D

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano
delightfuldelirium wrote:Spacetacular <3





kasadilla wrote:I haven't bought a shirt from Woot in a while, but this I can't wait to own! +1



Thanks, that means a lot to me ;)

lcsie82


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lcsie82
Re: Neon Tux



I would love to add this to my fiance's T-shirt suit collection. It would be so cool

oakenspirit


quality posts: 73 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Mimic the Sky



Thanks for the sudden burst of love! You guys know how to brighten my day,.


lonelypond


quality posts: 410 Private Messages lonelypond

furryuke


quality posts: 0 Private Messages furryuke

Cant I get one for FREE!! XD Lol jk but it would be nice. ^^

Re: Bok Bok Party Wok



orabbit


quality posts: 30 Private Messages orabbit
Re: 5 AM flight back



Oh, I love it. Do more like this!

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: I Breathe the Nightlife



I like it!!

jimmah120


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jimmah120
Re: Midnight City



this needs more votes. the fog of war is so cute it makes me want to puke.

nimrond


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimrond
Re: BARS



This would look awesome it the whole thing wasn't that much of a square on the chest.

nimrond


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimrond
jimmah120 wrote:this needs more votes. the fog of war is so cute it makes me want to puke.



Very true. If I could make the fog my wishlist, it would contain: The Knight Life, Patrickpen's Lantern, The Pink Elephant, The Fox, The Lungs I guess, maybe The Owl, The Sky Dancers and hey, where the hell did my Tetris City go? One more? I guess The Cocktail can stay, too. Now that would look like a fine choice to me! ;)

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
Re: Cosmospolitan



This is a cool design and all, but I'm not clear on why it wasn't rejected for using photos.

move along

cdrewlow


quality posts: 8 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Mimic the Sky



This is much better. I really dig the city.

Mavyn


quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
j5 wrote:This is a cool design and all, but I'm not clear on why it wasn't rejected for using photos.



...



My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kharmazero


quality posts: 4 Private Messages kharmazero
orabbit wrote:Oh, I love it. Do more like this!



thanks a lot, i had fun ,that's the essential thing,working on some more ;-))

wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
Re: Hungover



Love this!:D:D all the details are great!

wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
Re: Ninja stars




really cute!:D

wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
Re: I Breathe the Nightlife



this is beautiful!!

wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
Re: Silent Party



so cute!!!:D

wirdou


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
Re: After Party



great details!!:D

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Silent Party

Adorable! <3

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Bok Bok Party Wok

So cruel but so cute, my heart is all mixed up!! @_@

chotty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages chotty

Ohhhhhhhhh this is nice. I feel like I will be wearing it in a week or two!

Kate Young

netterzkastle


quality posts: 0 Private Messages netterzkastle
Re: I Breathe the Nightlife



I love this design! I want it to win, so I can buy it!

flemtone


quality posts: 6 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Jazz Strings



I'm sorry this didn't place. If it ever prints at any site, please let us know.

moosabman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosabman
Re: Cosmospolitan



Oh man, that's a bummer. Even though its not some picture I get the "looks like photos" Where does it say you aren't supposed to use elements that look like photos? I saw it specifically said to include halftones which I did. Does this look anymore photo-realistic than the winning shirt?

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/71379/infinity-plus-one

Does this not include photogenic elements?

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/71390/city-lights

curious why it wasn't rejected sooner if it was a problem...
I guess I'm just worried it will happen again as I don't really understand how this is different from the elements in the above designs.

ignorant


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
moosabman wrote:Oh man, that's a bummer. Even though its not some picture I get the "looks like photos" Where does it say you aren't supposed to use elements that look like photos? I saw it specifically said to include halftones which I did. Does this look anymore photo-realistic than the winning shirt?

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/71379/infinity-plus-one

Does this not include photogenic elements?

http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/71390/city-lights

curious why it wasn't rejected sooner if it was a problem...
I guess I'm just worried it will happen again as I don't really understand how this is different from the elements in the above designs.



Are you sure photos weren't used? Looks like a match here click on "compare" and then "switch"

moosabman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosabman
ignorant wrote:Are you sure photos weren't used? Looks like a match here click on "compare" and then "switch"



^http://designm.ag/resources/photoshop-space-brushes/

thats where I get lots of space stuff, they probably used the same brush

moosabman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosabman
ignorant wrote:Are you sure photos weren't used? Looks like a match here click on "compare" and then "switch"



More importantly, what does it matter if people use photographic elements?

Design Guidelines:
Maximum 16" x 20" design dimensions
Use our official shirt templates as a guide:
PDF (0.2 MB)
Adobe Illustrator (0.3 MB)
Adobe Photoshop zipped (1.1 MB)
Use Pantone Solid Coated color swatches for your design or else we will have to convert your colors
Maximum of 6 spot colors
Gradients & Halftones:
Photoshop users, make certain that your halftones are 30 LPI or larger for a full-size design at 300 DPI.
Illustrator users, please submit your final art with gradients. We'll create the halftones on our end.
Each dot that makes up your halftone must be one solid color.
Your Design Detail & Shirt Comp images must show halftones.
Please e-mail your print-ready art to derby@woot.com

moosabman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosabman
moosabman wrote:^http://designm.ag/resources/photoshop-space-brushes/

thats where I get lots of space stuff, they probably used the same brush



I mean whatever nasa photo to make that brush to make that thing to that to that to that to that to the halftone that's on my design.

ignorant


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
moosabman wrote:^http://designm.ag/resources/photoshop-space-brushes/

thats where I get lots of space stuff, they probably used the same brush



I'm not sure of the rules on using brushes that are an exact copy of a photo, but my guess is it's no different than live tracing a photo.

moosabman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosabman
ignorant wrote:I'm not sure of the rules on using brushes that are an exact copy of a photo, but my guess is it's no different than live tracing a photo.



but what are those rules?

ignorant


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
moosabman wrote:but what are those rules?



From the shirt.woot faq
Will Shirt.Woot really produce and sell the design that gets the most votes in a given week?
Generally, yes. Unless:
We determine that the design contains elements created and/or owned by someone other than the designer or Woot, or that would otherwise infringe on the intellectual property rights of third parties (such as trademarks or logos);

moosabman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosabman
ignorant wrote:From the shirt.woot faq
Will Shirt.Woot really produce and sell the design that gets the most votes in a given week?
Generally, yes. Unless:
We determine that the design contains elements created and/or owned by someone other than the designer or Woot, or that would otherwise infringe on the intellectual property rights of third parties (such as trademarks or logos);



"such as trademarks or logos" Thats way different than using a brush or even a manipulation from an image in the public domain. If I took a picture of an apple and manipulated it and created a halftone from it and placed it in a design, it would still "look like a photo"

I mean at the end of the day they can choose whatever they want, I just want to be sure I know what is allowed in order to avoid problems down the road.

j5


quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
moosabman wrote:"such as trademarks or logos" Thats way different than using a brush or even a manipulation from an image in the public domain. If I took a picture of an apple and manipulated it and created a halftone from it and placed it in a design, it would still "look like a photo"

I mean at the end of the day they can choose whatever they want, I just want to be sure I know what is allowed in order to avoid problems down the road.

I'm going to preface this by saying I didn't tattle on your design.
That said, photo manipulation and photo vectors are generally frowned upon for derby entries. A few designers do it regularly and often "get away" with it, but most designers are at the mercy of staff or tattle happy voters. (I am neither). It's a sharp edge to skate.

move along

Goatherder


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Goatherder
Re: A Little Foggy on the Rules



....Archer??...is that you?....

nimrond


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimrond
Re: Ninja stars



I can't believe this made second place with so many much more awesome designs in this derby!

moosabman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosabman
j5 wrote:I'm going to preface this by saying I didn't tattle on your design.
That said, photo manipulation and photo vectors are generally frowned upon for derby entries. A few designers do it regularly and often "get away" with it, but most designers are at the mercy of staff or tattle happy voters. (I am neither). It's a sharp edge to skate.



Makes sense. I guess its just better to avoid all together.

nimrond


quality posts: 0 Private Messages nimrond
Re: Little Pink Elephants



If you have this printed elsewhere, please let me know! I'd really like to buy one or two!