2%
3%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

rom

quality posts: 54 Private Messages rom

Yes! In for one! Hello American Apparel!

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 98 Private Messages Thirdbase9

I've never seen ET either. Your summary sounds perfect.

I don't know.

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

This shirt is a reference to the classic cookie monster for all of the youngsters. It's the fruit before cookie monster now...

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

rayn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rayn

too weird - just came back from RightTime medical and they had E.T. playing on their TVs - wasn't there long enough to watch more than a minute or so - hope he doesn't die - we could get blamed for killing him and that sort of stuff could start an interstellar war.....

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward

The description is pathetic. Sorry.

MissouriMomma

cindihoward

quality posts: 42 Private Messages cindihoward

What is the cycle of a cookie moon? Oh, I'm looking at it.

MissouriMomma

lonelypond

quality posts: 449 Private Messages lonelypond
Thirdbase9 wrote:I've never seen ET either. Your summary sounds perfect.

Never seen it either so considering summary canon. Also missed Titanic (on purpose), since I knew how it ended.

On a shirt note, tasty looking cookie.

dejav

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dejav

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Great mashup The moon looks like a strange mix of cookie and cheese....I understand why the cookie monster seems to be so hypnotized with it.

Also...I cannot believe that there's still people who hasn't watched E.T. I think I have watched it like a hundred times and still I get emotional! Watch it! Now!:D

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

this design on AA please! oh wait, it is on AA! I just got my first short sleeve shirt from woot in many months!

that was fun while it lasted!

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

I've seen ET, born the same year it was released so in some strange way I think I'm obligated to have seen it. It's like THE movie that gets listed when you find those racks of cards full of notable facts from the year you were born.

At my UG university the building my lab was in was ET (Engineering Tower). I always wanted to do some nerdy engineer spoof off ET with the bike and the moon but never got a good idea. Cookie monster/moon is a pretty good mash up. Kudos.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

This shirt is beautiful. Beautiful artwork, beautiful colors, beautiful concept combining two American icons. I love the cookie, eye-catching from far away and beautiful close up.

Well played, David Creighton-Pester, Well played!!!!!

zodar99

quality posts: 3 Private Messages zodar99

Space Mountain already did this.

bolger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bolger

I think this is a reference to Cookie Monster's song, "If Moon Was Cookie."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9o-2pOpKqE

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

We got Spielberg to turn the torches back into guns, now finally he's restored the cookie moon. This is a great day for democracy. :^)

Cool shirt.

ibexscribe

quality posts: 7 Private Messages ibexscribe
zodar99 wrote:Space Mountain already did this.

Yes. The end of the ride (at least at Disneyland - never been to that place in Orlando), if I recall correctly, is 13 turns to the right then one to the left. I believe that pointing and/or shouting at the cookie is obligatory. I counted those turns some 18 years ago as a young teen with an annual pass, so my memory is fuzzy, but the cookie is classic Space Mountain.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Who's the kid riding the bike? Elliot or one of the nameless children from the Television Workshop?

xninjagrrl

quality posts: 7 Private Messages xninjagrrl

One More Goof!! When did Woot go back to American Apparel?

Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.

Mr3dPHD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mr3dPHD
ibexscribe wrote:Yes. The end of the ride (at least at Disneyland - never been to that place in Orlando), if I recall correctly, is 13 turns to the right then one to the left. I believe that pointing and/or shouting at the cookie is obligatory. I counted those turns some 18 years ago as a young teen with an annual pass, so my memory is fuzzy, but the cookie is classic Space Mountain.

ET is at Universal Studios, not Disney. And why does everyone keep mentioning Space Mountain?

Woots: 26
Wine.Woots: 3
Kids.Woots: 4
Shirt.Woots: 1
Sellout.Woots: 1
Craps: 6

Mr3dPHD

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Mr3dPHD

Nevermind. Google just cleared everything up for me. DISREGARD LAST POST! Thank you, and have a pleasant day.

Woots: 26
Wine.Woots: 3
Kids.Woots: 4
Shirt.Woots: 1
Sellout.Woots: 1
Craps: 6

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

Am I the only one that thinks this is just an attempt to cash in on the popularity of Binge?

I bought that one and the safari one. I like those. This is why I do not like this one:

I have learned to try and look at the shirt BEFORE reading the title or description. Why? Because when I wear this shirt, that is what people will see.

When I looked at this, I thought, "What? Is this an E.T. scene with him flying over yellow cheese? It can't be yellow cheese, that wouldn't make sense. Maybe it is swirly because they are going with some type of van gogh look?"

After I glanced at the title I realized it was cookie monster.

Here is what is wrong with this shirt:

1. cookie monster is too small. I don't notice him at first and people will not either and just think you are wearing an ET shirt .... which makes you a [insert whatever comes to your mind].
2. The moon doesn't look like a cookie, it looks like cheese. You need an actual cookie on there with darker chocolate chips OR another type of cookie. BUT, it needs to be obvious right away that it is a cookie.
3: Better graphics. The bike is done well, the background, not so much.
4: coloring. Cookie monster is blue. This shirt should be on some type of blue. EDIT: OK THIS IS NAVY. I GUESS THAT WORKS. IT LOOKED LIKE BLACK AT FIRST ON MY SCREEN.

Discount me all you want, but I am from Philadelphia where cookie monster was born and raised. Just like the Will Smith.

elizalishly

quality posts: 20 Private Messages elizalishly

Laughed out loud when I saw the design! Now I'm trying to explain to my coworkers why there is snorted coffee all over my desk and why I have a sudden chocolate chip cookie craving. Very clever.

JJCool00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JJCool00

First woot shirt I have bought in a longggg time thanks to AA

oakenspirit

quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit

Saw the thumbnail and thought woot had printed my twice rejected Et/Curiosity shirt...

Guess I shoulda added cookie monster instead...

Clever shirt man.

peterparker523

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peterparker523

Nice job with the AA option!

Witness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Witness

Is there any place to see all available shirt.woot hoodies? I really love these new ones and would like to get another one or two...

sprovost1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprovost1

Once again, Woot. Really bad idea. Really dumb T-Shirt. I haven't seen a T-Shirt on Woot that a sane adult would wear in months. Who is picking these things, a 3 year old ?

lgbtech

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lgbtech
cindihoward wrote:What is the cycle of a cookie moon? Oh, I'm looking at it.

The Moon's the North Wind's cooky.
He bites it, day by day,
Until there's but a rim of scraps
That crumble all away.

The South Wind is a baker.
He kneads clouds in his den,
And bakes a crisp new moon that . . . greedy
North . . . Wind . . . eats . . . again!

--Vachel Lindsay

source

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
Spiritgreen wrote:We got Spielberg to turn the torches back into guns, now finally he's restored the cookie moon. This is a great day for democracy. :^)

Cool shirt.

He made the guns into walkie-talkies and then switched them back to guns after all the public outcry...

troyalg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages troyalg

How have so many people not seen E.T.?

triplebud

quality posts: 2 Private Messages triplebud
zodar99 wrote:Space Mountain already did this.

One More Goof! ZODAR!!!!!!!! I"VE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS!!!! I felt like I was insane or ust like the only person to notice that Space Mountain had chocolate chip cookie meteors floating above you. THANK YOU FELLOW wooter for making me feel in-SANE!!

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 98 Private Messages Thirdbase9
troyalg wrote:How have so many people not seen E.T.?

I thought the whole idea of the story was stupid. I also haven't seen Titanic or Dances with Wolves.

I don't know.

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady

I like the design... not love, just like, but it's on AA and so I just bought my first short-sleeve T since the change in blanks! Yay! Thank you Woot and thank you David for a clever and well-executed design.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver
Thirdbase9 wrote:I thought the whole idea of the story was stupid. I also haven't seen Titanic or Dances with Wolves.

Trust me you didn't miss much with ET. Most overrated movie of all time. It is great if you are 8 I guess. Dances with wolves, while a good movie, would put you to sleep. Titanic is worth it, if not just for a practically nude Kate Winslet in her prime. Oh yeah. that was such a hot scene.

joepsu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joepsu

I've been arguing with my niece, Ella for years regarding the moon actually being a large cookie. She refutes my claims, even as recently as 2 days ago. At age 6, she is in no position to argue now that I can boldly wear the evidence. It's one small step for man, one giant leap for the Pillsbury Dough-boy.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 4m 9.662s
First Sucker: Lindaparr
Last Wooter to Woot: Denimbear
Last Purchase: a minute ago

First day sales 442 AA & Anvil
First day posts 35

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank
oakenspirit wrote:Saw the thumbnail and thought woot had printed my twice rejected Et/Curiosity shirt...

Guess I shoulda added cookie monster instead...

Clever shirt man.

wow... you are right ! Your's would have sold more !