1%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

sepeterson

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sepeterson

When can we expect to see TALL sizes? I'm 6'4" and your 2x shirts don't really go past the belt. Kind of a bummer when you're shooting pool at the bar.

jovemako

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jovemako

oh man. I can't stop laughing because the "nerdtoxication" log sounds just like me! (I work in IT and I LOVE the unstealthiest ninja series.) In fact, it may have been.....I do remember wearing one of those shirts.....at a family reunion....talking computer geek.....with my laptop....uh oh. maybe I'll just hide. lol

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
sepeterson wrote:When can we expect to see TALL sizes? I'm 6'4" and your 2x shirts don't really go past the belt. Kind of a bummer when you're shooting pool at the bar.

That might be true for the anvils shirts, the AA option though will help you out in that regard!

that was fun while it lasted!

lichme

quality posts: 3051 Private Messages lichme

I love the bowtie, it completes the look

thumperchick

quality posts: 245 Private Messages thumperchick

Anyone else reminded of this?

Now I can't get the laugh out of my head.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 25 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

IT Crowd, yeah? I should watch more of that.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

madmonkeyz3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madmonkeyz3

Any way to get this in another style of shirt - like a tank top for example?

safyrejet

quality posts: 122 Private Messages safyrejet

For the record my glasses have never had the center eyepiece wrapped up in tape like that and I don't do bowties. Come on people, fight the stereotypes.

dfunk29

quality posts: 51 Private Messages dfunk29

There's a little Nerd in all of us!

eqquantumcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eqquantumcat
bpr2 wrote:That might be true for the anvils shirts, the AA option though will help you out in that regard!

Agreed The AA shirts run longer and slimmer. Plus the fact that they are made in America is a plus. So glad they brought them back!

bigpauly85

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bigpauly85

It's amazing what this site has become. For every genuinely great artistic design they put out there's a parade of about 30 shirts with some catch phrase or slogan or cutesie reference to something that's trying to be too clever for its own good. I understand everyone has their likes and dislikes but where have the artistic designs gone? It's no wonder I almost never buy from here anymore.

frogger5687

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frogger5687

Nerd Ha glasses ens?
What am I missing?

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

As a nerd, I am concerned by the connotations of this catchphrase. Does the word "nerd" stand in for the "s" word here?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 218 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Nirvana: noun. A state of being. The imperturbable stillness of mind after the fires of desire, aversion, and delusion have been finally extinguished.

Nerdvana: noun. Just buy this shirt.

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats
frogger5687 wrote:Nerd Ha glasses ens?
What am I missing?

I think we're just missing an undying love for any item that shirt.woot puts up, because I definitely don't see "Nerd Happens" here either.

battra92

quality posts: 4 Private Messages battra92
safyrejet wrote:For the record my glasses have never had the center eyepiece wrapped up in tape like that and I don't do bowties. Come on people, fight the stereotypes.

Ditto. I also hate Star Wars, Star Trek and super hero comic books. It annoys the crap out of me that because I work in IT and have glasses and I am relatively intelligent I'm supposed to act like those jerks on Big Bang Dirty Joke Superhero reference grabbed from Wikipedia Theory.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 87 Private Messages oakenspirit

I suddenly want some cheese...

/crashes into a table, knocking over everyone's coffee...

DID I DO THAT?

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

Perhaps if I were attending Nerdtacular this year, but I'm with the 'not loving it' crowd on this shirt.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

RayKremer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RayKremer

I know that bow ties are cool now, but polka dots?

thumperchick

quality posts: 245 Private Messages thumperchick

Holy crap there's a lot of angry nerds here. What is so offensive?

jdelvoie

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jdelvoie

It's not offensive.

It's uninspiring.

And that is disappointing from those of us who expect more out of cool shirts on this site.

This design is something I'd expect to find at zazzle, snorg, lolshirts, or any of the other cheaper one-line gag "funny" shirt sites.

Maybe my expectations are too high, but I always found woot to have a more subtle sense of wit and humor, and separated itself by having real artists and creativity.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
jdelvoie wrote:Maybe my expectations are too high, but I always found woot to have a more subtle sense of wit and humor, and separated itself by having real artists and creativity.

It's been a while since that was true, though there are still a few pockets of resistance here and there.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

jloveland

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jloveland
safyrejet wrote:For the record my glasses have never had the center eyepiece wrapped up in tape like that and I don't do bowties. Come on people, fight the stereotypes.

I hate to do this, but I'm a software engineer and have had tape on my glasses AND have worn a bowtie. With a sweater vest. Sometimes stereotypes are there for a reason.

jloveland

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jloveland
RayKremer wrote:I know that bow ties are cool now, but polka dots?

It's possible "cool" wasn't the target.

gsmit114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsmit114
jdelvoie wrote:It's not offensive.

It's uninspiring.

And that is disappointing from those of us who expect more out of cool shirts on this site.

This design is something I'd expect to find at zazzle, snorg, lolshirts, or any of the other cheaper one-line gag "funny" shirt sites.

Maybe my expectations are too high, but I always found woot to have a more subtle sense of wit and humor, and separated itself by having real artists and creativity.

+1

Now that you mention it, it is a lot like those "hey we found a piece of campy kitch so heres a shirt" things, i like lewis black's version:

" three rabbits are on a log, and one of them goes home and hangs himself -- 'Buy a bike!' "

ertolsma

quality posts: 13 Private Messages ertolsma

This looks less like a true nerd look and more like a hipster-shooting-for-nerd-irony look

tapoutnc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tapoutnc

Geeks are nerds who are actually cool. Geeks rule.

benyust2

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benyust2
bpr2 wrote:That might be true for the anvils shirts, the AA option though will help you out in that regard!

IMO, it is the exact opposite (unless I'm mistaken about which brand is which). The older, classic shirts ran really short for me (6'6") but the new ones that aren't made in the US are way better and longer (and don't shrink as much).

matthew320

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthew320
ertolsma wrote:This looks less like a true nerd look and more like a hipster-shooting-for-nerd-irony look

I came here to comment the exact same things. The bowtie and glasses used to be your stereotypical nerd attire, but the hipsters seem to have taken that over.

And to everyone complaining about the stereotypes, it's a joke. If you can't laugh when your race / gender / sexual preference / profession is made fun of, you're in for a long hard life. That being said, and being a huge nerd, this shirt isn't funny. Not because it's offensive, but because the glasses and bowtie are overused and this shirt doesn't have much to offer.

honeybadger12

quality posts: 7 Private Messages honeybadger12
ertolsma wrote:This looks less like a true nerd look and more like a hipster-shooting-for-nerd-irony look

a-men to that

shirt woot should be divided into 2 sections: artistic shirts and humor/cartoonish shirts

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 25 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
bigpauly85 wrote:It's amazing what this site has become. For every genuinely great artistic design they put out there's a parade of about 30 shirts with some catch phrase or slogan or cutesie reference to something that's trying to be too clever for its own good. I understand everyone has their likes and dislikes but where have the artistic designs gone? It's no wonder I almost never buy from here anymore.

Did you buy Bok Bok foxes? That was an original design with no reference to be had. The reason these shirts don't exist anymore is because no one buys them. So. :<

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

bartdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bartdog
sepeterson wrote:When can we expect to see TALL sizes? I'm 6'4" and your 2x shirts don't really go past the belt. Kind of a bummer when you're shooting pool at the bar.

If you're 6'4" shooting pool I think you might have the wrong shirt...

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle

Nerd Happens

Speed to First Woot:
2m 58.227s

First Sucker:
klr4069

Last Wooter to Woot:
marciemoose

Last Purchase:
3 minutes ago

Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 0% of all Woots

Woots Sold:

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!