jono216

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jono216

this is awesome!

Syrup

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Syrup

Am I the only one that looked at this shirt and immediately thought, "Space InVADERs. Heh."

Looking at all the comments, it's clear that whatever intent the artist originally had with this design has become utterly lost in translation. A shame indeed

greenerskies47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenerskies47
myargonauts wrote:I think there might be an age gap of kids that just don't understand or appreciate the value of this design because they never had an Atari. I think it’s cool!

I'm 25 (born in 88) and I grew up playing Atari! In fact to this day, my favorite video game is Eggomania, which IMHO was the best game ever. You play as a blue bear trying to catch green eggs from a martian turkey. I'm not sure how that's not awesome!

But I agree, anyway, that a lot of people my age/younger won't really get the coolness of this shirt or at least wouldn't have had a lot of firsthand experience with the atari. I prob won't buy b/c I have too many shirts and I'm being super picky, but I give woot props for the atari/vader reference.

timerider

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timerider

This would be great for classic gaming conventions. The only place where I would meet someone else that understood it.

NuAngel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NuAngel
timerider wrote:This would be great for classic gaming conventions. The only place where I would meet someone else that understood it.

How do I +1, Up Vote, or Like your comment??? I'm shocked at how few people are getting it. "Similar looking..." or "they're both black" or "same era" - these have nothing to do with it! THE ATARI VADER IS A "THING."

This one time, I wooted off in public.

mistamoose

quality posts: 31 Private Messages mistamoose
j5 wrote:Is this a first?
I didn't think Woot did reprints.
HtCRU Tees

ETA: Srsly, this thing is all over the Internet. Can Woot sue retroactively?

That design makes more sense to me with the nose thing at the top.

skwerl23

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skwerl23

Atari
Vader
Atar-e-vader?

NuAngel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NuAngel
skwerl23 wrote:Atari
Vader
Atar-e-vader?

Why is nobody reading the rest of the comments that explain this thing? I want to bash my head against the wall.

If you're missing the joke, read the comments, it's explained (properly, not just by theory) more than once.

This one time, I wooted off in public.

midnightnerfherder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midnightnerfherder

Born the year before A New Hope came out, always loved Start Wars. But my family had Intellivision, not Atari, so I don't even remember the Atari Vader reference. How do you guys remember this stuff? lol

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud
j5 wrote:Is this a first?
I didn't think Woot did reprints.
HtCRU Tees

ETA: Srsly, this thing is all over the Internet. Can Woot sue retroactively?

Not a first at all. There have been many a shirts that people tried to submit that were reprints or stolen, usually they are caught, but sometimes they slip through. Maybe that was something one of the guys that left was doing...

DDuwen wrote:In the description tab it says the AA shirts are made in America, Duh, and the Anvil shirts are made in Honduras. I would like to see a stat on the cheap asses that wouldn't spend an extra buck to support American jobs.

You sound like the typical 'Buy American' car guy. I get flack from my wife's uncles about driving a camry when they drive 'Merican ford or chevy. I laugh at them and say so you drive the made in mexico car I drive the car made in kentucky and I'm the bad guy? Iknow not quite the same thing, but just saying that is what you sound like. Buy what you like. Sure it is nice to support american jobs, but are you saynig that anvil doesn't have american jobs as well? Are they not also worthy of being supported?

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick
neuropsychosocial wrote:I can't stop laughing.

Me too.

So really, woot is selling a shirt that printed elsewhere and is going to be available elsewhere - as a daily? That's just incongruous with the rules as I know them.

Also - I saw a Vader t-shirt and totally thought woot was welcoming a certain someone aboard, with a lot of tongue in cheek - judging from the lack of comments on this, I guess that's not what was meant. But it's still funny.

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
galbinuscaeli wrote:American Apparel or Anvil? That's new, isn't it?

The options started last week. Click here for more details.

American Apparel tees are all US Made, I think. But Anvil appears to do some offshore and some onshore.

Is it possible to know where the Woot Shirts are made?

The fabric is knit and the cut/sewing of American Apparel shirts are all done here in US - Los Angeles, CA to be exact. Anvil knits their fabric in Honduras and the cut/sewing is done in Honduras or Nicaragua. Both companies uses cotton that's grown in the US and the printing operations are done by Woot themselves in Carrollton, TX.

For more comparison, click here.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet
DDuwen wrote:In the description tab it says the AA shirts are made in America, Duh, and the Anvil shirts are made in Honduras. I would like to see a stat on the cheap asses that wouldn't spend an extra buck to support American jobs.

:/
Strange as it may seem to those who worship AA, some of us actually fit an Anvil t-shirt better. So if I were to buy a shirt from Woot during this chose your brand period, I'll be choosing Anvil.
I'll buy American made, within reason. Sometimes I do need to be "cheap", I'm a student still. Plus I prefer not to support a company like AA, there's a lot about the company itself that I really do not like.

htcru

quality posts: 6 Private Messages htcru

The Society6 image shown here in the comments is by me HtCRU - just a much, much older concept that was never printed as a t-shirt (part of my larger Brand Wars series I came up with in a galaxy far, far away….). Some concepts I printed for my own tee store (such as Jedi & Sith, etc) others were just never done or went anywhere, like Vader, until now (after a design “tidy” & sub). Anyway, I've taken it down off my personal S6 store to avoid any further confusion and misjudgement. Shirt.Woot is where you can get this refined/simplified design on a tee, which is good for me as I always wanted to wear this concept also :D

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick
htcru wrote:The Society6 image shown here in the comments is by me HtCRU - just a much, much older concept that was never printed as a t-shirt (part of my larger Brand Wars series I came up with in a galaxy far, far away….). Some concepts I printed for my own tee store (such as Jedi & Sith, etc) others were just never done or went anywhere, like Vader, until now (after a design “tidy” & sub). Anyway, I've taken it down off my personal S6 store to avoid any further confusion and misjudgement. Shirt.Woot is where you can get this refined/simplified design on a tee, which is good for me as I always wanted to wear this concept also :D

I totally didn't mean to imply that you stole the design! I think those of us that looked knew it was your work. But thank you for pulling it so that there is no confusion about it being available elsewhere!

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake
thumperchick wrote:I totally didn't mean to imply that you stole the design! I think those of us that looked knew it was your work. But thank you for pulling it so that there is no confusion about it being available elsewhere!

The available elsewhere is the sticking point, though ...

Woody1

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Woody1
thumperchick wrote:I totally didn't mean to imply that you stole the design! I think those of us that looked knew it was your work. But thank you for pulling it so that there is no confusion about it being available elsewhere!

I still wouldn't back down. Stealing a Copyright and a Trademark, slapping them together and calling it unique is still a long way from original.

"Buy not I will and out I am" (written in Coca-Cola font, insert Nike swoosh here)

800+ woots! - Talk to the Square or don't

htcru

@Syrup "Space InVADERs. Heh." Haha! :D

@thumperchick I love that a community look out for each other, the site they buy from and artists with such zealous commitment – it’s awesome and helpful!

@Narfcake This hasn’t been sold or printed by an online company such as Shirt.Woot before, just promoted by me on my blogs as a concept that I really wanted to get printed - by me or somewhere great such as here! ;)

Everything is very much above board and I was just slow to remove my Society6 shots (which the Shirt.Woot team knew ALL about when going over the design + what I was/had been doing with the design since the early concept). I don’t sell tees on Society6 as I have my own little Big Cartel store (hehe that’s sounded odd).

I promote lots of ideas as tees but a large number don’t go anywhere in the end or take a long time to get to printed somewhere anyways.

Very fair questions and I hope I’ve come across as transparent to clear this stuff up

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley
NuAngel wrote:Evidently you don't remember the well known "Atari Vader" - just search the phrase. The shirt-designer didn't invent this on their own!

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=atari+vader&FORM=HDRSC2

I grew up playing on this console (and obviously also seeing the movies when they first came out) and still think it's a weak connection. So there.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
htcru wrote:
Very fair questions and I hope I’ve come across as transparent to clear this stuff up

To be fair, since I posted up the initial message, I was more concerned over that other site selling cell phone cases of your work than you having a society 6 store.

move along

htcru

j5 wrote:To be fair, since I posted up the initial message, I was more concerned over that other site selling cell phone cases of your work than you having a society 6 store.

Oh wow, sorry just realised that ArtFire link you posted is not me ie someone else selling my designs! Looking more into it now, so many thanks j5 (doh, me slow ugh, need more caffeine and better reading skills!).

drunkenphonebooth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drunkenphonebooth
mistamoose wrote:I don't quite get it either.

I think it may have something to do with when the empire chased the Falcon into the asteroid belt and they then encountered that giant space worm/snake.

lonelypond

quality posts: 449 Private Messages lonelypond

Not my speed, but done well enough to give me a smile and a craving for mad spinning shooting my way through a game of Asteroids...

Vote:

arryielle

quality posts: 6 Private Messages arryielle

Whoops! Way late on this but theoretically no one has bought one in four hours anyway!

Con-Solo
Speed to first woot: 0m 51.003s
First sucker:ryannah
Last wooter to woot:dfm77
Last purchase:4 hours ago
Order Pace (rank): Bottom 0% of Shirt Woots Bottom 0% of all Woots
Woots Sold:1531

Whatever happened to TheGolux who did this every night (and with much better timing than I!)? I don't mean to steal their job, just filling in I hope....

My shirts available on Teetrade and WootStalker!

cabinboy100

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cabinboy100

STAR WARS and Atari? I don't see it... =)

clint0n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clint0n

This was my first woot shirt buy, and I was supremely disappointed. The print was noticeably crooked and looks terrible, I am now fearful of ordering anymore shirts from woot...
"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." - Yoda

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

clint0n wrote:This was my first woot shirt buy, and I was supremely disappointed. The print was noticeably crooked and looks terrible, I am now fearful of ordering anymore shirts from woot...
"Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering." - Yoda

fear not. suffer not. email Support@Woot.com and let them know you received a shirt with a crooked print. happy we want you to be.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

clint0n

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clint0n
PemberDucky wrote:fear not. suffer not. email Support@Woot.com and let them know you received a shirt with a crooked print. happy we want you to be.

Thanks @PemberDucky! Disappointed though I was, customer service was awesome, I got a new shirt (no crooked print this time) that I can wear with confidence. Looks like many more happy shirt orders from me, thanks again!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

clint0n wrote:Thanks @PemberDucky! Disappointed though I was, customer service was awesome, I got a new shirt (no crooked print this time) that I can wear with confidence. Looks like many more happy shirt orders from me, thanks again!

hooray! glad it got resolved.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.