angelofchaos99

quality posts: 3 Private Messages angelofchaos99
robejacobs wrote:Thicker shirts don't necessarily hold up better to wear than thinner ones. Anvil shirts are decently made, but American Apparel hold up better for me, despite being thinner. Don't know about the mens/ladies comparison here because I'm male and when I do wear womens' clothing, I rarely go for something so mundane as a t-shirt.

Good to know. And hey, there must be some people - married, friends, or otherwise - who can make a comparison about the shirts for both genders. Thanks for the info about Anvil vs AA.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet
stormshadow999 wrote: Why doesn't Woot just make "WhoShirt.Woot.com" already and get it over with? I'm tired of seeing essentially the same image on so many shirts. How many TARDIS designs does anyone need? That's a rhetorical question, by the way--no need for the Doctor geeks to use some inside quote to tell me the answer is an infinite amount.

Not using some inside quote, I'm not enough of a Whovian? is it. (I've only seen like 2 episodes anyway.) But I don't think shirt WhoShirtWoot would make much sense, I mean out of 2139 t-shirts Woot's got in their product catalog only 21 shirts come up under the search for "Who" and of those only 13 potentially are related to Dr Who. And really of those few with the Tardis there's only been one that I liked so much as to actually buy it. But still, I can see how that's such a problem for non-Dr Who nerds to have to endure, putting up with so many Tardis t-shirt designs!

crazydoglady

quality posts: 4 Private Messages crazydoglady
phantompeanut wrote:Not to be a negative nancy, but even if I liked this design I wouldn't buy it, the perspective is wrong on the windows and the white square under the windows, it's bothering me so much lol

NOOOooooo!!! I want so badly to take advantage of the temporary option of AA shirts and I was ready to push the button on this one - but now I can't unsee the "off" perspective! Now I have to think about this...

SeeTheArt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SeeTheArt

Things Waiting in the Darkness – and in the darkness they shall remain. This would have been great as a glow-in-the-dark. It's still a nice design though.

melkayne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages melkayne
DavidHart wrote:Personally, I'm a member of the "Where's the white summer T's" group over by the BBQ.

This is a nice design, but I have enough dark shirts.

I totally agree. They need to offer more white t-shirts for summer!!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 1m 47.666s
First Sucker: michaeljmorella
Last Wooter to Woot: jpopluvr
Last Purchase: a minute ago

First day sales 3530 AA & Anvil
First day posts 44

CCzarnecki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CCzarnecki

I like the shirt it looks nice and everything but I have to say, the number of doctor who shirts on here is getting out of hand. There are 2 currently in the top 20 already and many more that have passed through this site. I love the show and I'm not saying anything bad about the designs but there are only so many different ways to draw the police box and they all are pretty similar..... Can we get some diversity back?

sajay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sajay

I just got this shirt in the mail and well it doesn't really look like the picture. It just didn't quite work when printed.

captainryn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captainryn

Bought this for a friend and wound up liking it so much I kept it. Oopsie . . .

manhandsha

quality posts: 41 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

captainryn wrote:Bought this for a friend and wound up liking it so much I kept it. Oopsie . . .

Weird, I do that all the way through the holiday season... ;)

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

orchurch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orchurch

Anyone else showing their shirt has not shipped yet?

Xujof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xujof
orchurch wrote:Anyone else showing their shirt has not shipped yet?

Yeah, I have a tracking number, but it's still saying 'initiated' in TX. My guess is that the folks who have already received their shirts paid for the faster shipping.

briancurtis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briancurtis
Xujof wrote:Yeah, I have a tracking number, but it's still saying 'initiated' in TX. My guess is that the folks who have already received their shirts paid for the faster shipping.

According to woot, they are waiting on shirts to come in from the supplier. I assume it is just American Apparel shirts that are having issues. I have not received mine yet either and mine were ordered with the next day shipping.

orchurch

briancurtis wrote:According to woot, they are waiting on shirts to come in from the supplier. I assume it is just American Apparel shirts that are having issues. I have not received mine yet either and mine were ordered with the next day shipping.

Thanks for the info.
The people that have received theirs which shirt did you order?

Xujof

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xujof
orchurch wrote:Thanks for the info.
The people that have received theirs which shirt did you order?

That makes a lot of sense. I did choose America Apparel because I like the thicker shirt fabric. I'm happy that Woot is offering the choice, but it would be good to know that they might take a little longer.

tylersmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tylersmom

Sizing ALL wrong on my shirt, i bought an XL which is what the tags says but it doesnt even fit over my head. I buy ALOT of woot shirts and this is the first time it has happened.

manhandsha

Staff

tylersmom wrote:Sizing ALL wrong on my shirt, i bought an XL which is what the tags says but it doesnt even fit over my head. I buy ALOT of woot shirts and this is the first time it has happened.

So sorry about the mix-up! I'd suggest emailing Woot Member Support. They can take a look at your order and get things squared away for you. support@woot.com.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

orchurch

orchurch wrote:Anyone else showing their shirt has not shipped yet?

I finally got the shipping info, it went out on 5th and should be here on the 11th.

aidey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aidey

My shirt also seems to have gotten lost on its way out of Texas. It theoretically shipped on the 29th. The tracking info finally updated today. It shows the shirt was in AZ this weekend, and should be in the PNW on the 16th, which is a Sunday...so yeah, I expect I'll see it the 17th or 18th. Nearly 20 days for shipping is a little insane. Customer service has resolved it to my satisfaction though, so all is good.

manhandsha

Staff

aidey wrote:My shirt also seems to have gotten lost on its way out of Texas. It theoretically shipped on the 29th. The tracking info finally updated today. It shows the shirt was in AZ this weekend, and should be in the PNW on the 16th, which is a Sunday...so yeah, I expect I'll see it the 17th or 18th. Nearly 20 days for shipping is a little insane. Customer service has resolved it to my satisfaction though, so all is good.

I'm happy to hear Woot Member Services took care of you!

chriskmee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chriskmee
sajay wrote:I just got this shirt in the mail and well it doesn't really look like the picture. It just didn't quite work when printed.

I agree. It just doesn't look as good as it does in the picture. The effect doesn't really seem to work once its printed.

tabbyfoo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tabbyfoo
angelofchaos99 wrote:Good to know. And hey, there must be some people - married, friends, or otherwise - who can make a comparison about the shirts for both genders. Thanks for the info about Anvil vs AA.

Here's my comparison: The ladies sizes are too small for me, so I order the men's. It's not a very helpful comparison, I'll admit... ;)

Really, though. The material from the one ladies shirt that I ordered is much "silkier" feeling. It was skin-tight on me so I gave it to my 10-year-old son to wear as pajamas and he loves it. We've washed it probably a dozen times and it has no holes. However, the American Apparel woot shirts I've bought in a mens' 2x hold their shape better than the Anvil shirts in a men's 2x. I'm sure that the ladies shirt I bought was an AA, because it was the first woot shirt I bought and that was several years ago when that was all they sold. The AA shirts in mens feel "cooler" and the fabric doesn't feel as heavy, true, but it feels like it's better quality, imho. I've had problems with the prints on Anvil shirts wearing off, where on the AA shirts, it seemed like the print was absorbed better by the fabric, instead of just laying on top of it. I've also bought kids woot shirts and mens 3x shirts, but those were not asked about :P

Ryokincaid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryokincaid

I'm confused on how to know whether I am getting an AA shirt or an Anvil shirt... Both the blanks are listed in the description, but there is no information when I go to pick my size. I'm a completely different size in the two shirts, so I just want to make sure I'm getting the right one (preferably AA).
Thanks!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Ryokincaid wrote:I'm confused on how to know whether I am getting an AA shirt or an Anvil shirt... Both the blanks are listed in the description, but there is no information when I go to pick my size. I'm a completely different size in the two shirts, so I just want to make sure I'm getting the right one (preferably AA).
Thanks!

since it's no longer a Daily design and our AA promotion is over, you'll be getting an Anvil blank this time. sorry.
:/

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

katy719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katy719

Why am I not surprised that Utah bought a lot of these shirts?

auntlynnie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages auntlynnie

Pretty sure it's a Police Call Box. Those are public domain, which is why Doctor Who could use it without paying a licensing fee.

auntlynnie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages auntlynnie
bluejester wrote:I'm not seeing the parody in this either myself. I mean, I really like the look, and it is a well done design but...truthfully I remember a derby a while back where there was a design that was a cave painting that had a cartoonish looking TARDIS and stick figure 11th doctor (you could tell it was him because they drew cross trainers on the figure) and companion running away from stick figure Daleks. It was rejected for not being runnable.

Yet here we are with design that is straight up TARDIS, no parody, no nothing. Just a really cool TARDIS.

Pretty sure it's a Police Call Box. Those are public domain, which is why Doctor Who could use it without paying a licensing fee.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 47 Private Messages PocketBrain

The angels have the phone box.

bargainbourne

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bargainbourne

I just received my shirt and it looks kind of disappointing

In particular, the perspective of the left half of the picture is wrong. On the website, the 2 windows and the white square are all angled downwards. However, in the shirt I got, the window on the top left side and the white square on the bottom left side are both angled upwards.

As a result, instead of looking like two sides of a phone box, it looks like a couple of windows arranged in a vague curve, floating in mid-air.

Here's an image of my shirt, to illustrate what I'm talking about:

So, do you guys think that this skewed perspective issue is limited to my shirt, making it worth getting a replacement? Or do you think the original photo itself has this skewed perspective, in which case I'm better off just returning this for a refund?

Thanks for your time!

kingoftheturkeywall

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingoftheturkeywall

I have been stalking shirt woot. I really want this design in a pullover hoodie.

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
bargainbourne wrote:I just received my shirt and it looks kind of disappointing

In particular, the perspective of the left half of the picture is wrong. On the website, the 2 windows and the white square are all angled downwards. However, in the shirt I got, the window on the top left side and the white square on the bottom left side are both angled upwards.

As a result, instead of looking like two sides of a phone box, it looks like a couple of windows arranged in a vague curve, floating in mid-air.

Here's an image of my shirt, to illustrate what I'm talking about:

So, do you guys think that this skewed perspective issue is limited to my shirt, making it worth getting a replacement? Or do you think the original photo itself has this skewed perspective, in which case I'm better off just returning this for a refund?

Thanks for your time!

I think your shirt misprinted. My shirts all printed straight. My hoodie misprinted and printed crooked though.

image hosting 15mb

chaconmari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chaconmari

Are the Anvil shirts fair trade?

xxizsoxboredxx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxizsoxboredxx

I wish the tartis was longer down the shirt rather so high at the collar.

ravenloft08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravenloft08

I love this design, but I want this as a black, pullover hoodie. Please please please make this happen, gods of woot!!!