WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Space is awesome, we hear (we've never been.) But how can us terrestrialites comprehend the vast infinitude and awesomeness of space? Well, if modern media has shown us anything, it's that no system is too complex to be reduced into an easily-digestible magazine infographic

No text-only shirts, all shirt colors allowed. 

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

Sounds like fun. Does all shirt colors allowed mean no more AA?

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

thatrobert wrote:Sounds like fun. Does all shirt colors allowed mean no more AA?

That's correct. Starting on Monday it looks like we'll be back to our normal Anvil run of tees, so these Derby winners will not be run on American Apparel.

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5
tgentry wrote:That's correct. Starting on Monday it looks like we'll be back to our normal Anvil run of tees, so these Derby winners will not be run on American Apparel.

Darkness falls.
Sorry to hear it didn't work out.

move along

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
tgentry wrote:That's correct. Starting on Monday it looks like we'll be back to our normal Anvil run of tees, so these Derby winners will not be run on American Apparel.

That's a shame. I would have liked to design something for this derby.

mecos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecos

quite frankly, I don't like american apparel shirts. they don't fit that great imo, specially the arms are a wrinkly mess under the armpits.

I don't think I've ever worn anvil, but they don't sound any better.

does anyone know what happened to "standard american"? I can't find them anywhere, I thought they were made by AA, but they are nowhere in their website. I have a bunch of old standard american shirts and they are the most comfortable shirts I own. supersoft and they don't even warp.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

...and after a week's respite, back we go to the land of 10,000 inevitable and tired Tardis designs.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

j5 wrote:Darkness falls.
Sorry to hear it didn't work out.

Well, it was always planned as a limited test run. The math goblins have to crunch the numbers and deliberate to see if anything comes of it I guess.

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
mecos wrote:does anyone know what happened to "standard american"? I can't find them anywhere, I thought they were made by AA, but they are nowhere in their website. I have a bunch of old standard american shirts and they are the most comfortable shirts I own. supersoft and they don't even warp.

Standard American = American Apparel's mens/unisex lineup.
Classic Girl = their women/juniors lineup.

I think it was in 2005 when they went to the straight AA branding.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

*researches infographic*

What the? Oh this is going to be tricky. :C

mecos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mecos
Narfcake wrote:Standard American = American Apparel's mens/unisex lineup.
Classic Girl = their women/juniors lineup.

I think it was in 2005 when they went to the straight AA branding.

cool. so those were the same shirts with the 9 squares logo in the tag?

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
mecos wrote:cool. so those were the same shirts with the 9 squares logo in the tag?

Yes.

I haven't noticed any fitment differences here between recent AA shirts and those of 10+ years ago, but YMMV. If I get around to it, I'll post comparison pics tonight.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 25 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Space is big. Also space has furries. Somewhere. Cameo some true anthro critters, guys? ;)

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
tgentry wrote:Well, it was always planned as a limited test run. The math goblins have to crunch the numbers and deliberate to see if anything comes of it I guess.

for what it's worth I only bought one shirt during the trial period (on AA) due to lack of wanting many of the designs. I know I would be willing to pay $13 or $14 for designs I want on AA going forward. Figured throw my 2 cents in since my purchase history doesn't reflect my true feelings

Now back to discussing the derby, looking forward to see what the designers come up with

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

collinvh

quality posts: 63 Private Messages collinvh
natedogg828 wrote:for what it's worth I only bought one shirt during the trial period (on AA) due to lack of wanting many of the designs. I know I would be willing to pay $13 or $14 for designs I want on AA going forward. Figured throw my 2 cents in since my purchase history doesn't reflect my true feelings

Now back to discussing the derby, looking forward to see what the designers come up with

Me too.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris

There weren't any shirts I wanted to buy during the test period. I'd buy a lot of AA shirts if they were offered in the back catalog or side sales.

As for the theme, unfortunately, as limitless as SPACE is, I can imagine how narrowly focused the contenders will likely be. It makes me sad.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc

Can we just preemptively declare that any space infographic that contains the Death Star and "that's no moon" is rejected because "similar shirts exist"?

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster
tgentry wrote:Well, it was always planned as a limited test run. The math goblins have to crunch the numbers and deliberate to see if anything comes of it I guess.

I seriously am not trying to be hostile about this - but I hope that woot also takes into account the fact that all the people (like me) that deserted because of the change were not informed AA were back. I lucked out since I have gone a month or two without looking at the site and caught the AA fact, and so far have purchased ten shirts because of it. I did not like the other shirts that were in the mix but would of bought stuff like the cloaking t-shirt, unstealthiest ninja and other gems if they had been up. If all the shirts were of my humor then I would of bought each and every shirt on AA.

And again, if AA is removed from the mix, I will reject woot again, and while my bank account will recover, my determination to not promote woot will remain.

So please, take into account some facts, many of these shirts sold poorly during AA, I bought ten, and no one let me know that woot was going to float the test.

Thanx!

j5

lyonscc wrote:Can we just preemptively declare that any space infographic that contains the Death Star and "that's no moon" is rejected because "similar shirts exist"?

blast!

move along

oakenspirit

quality posts: 86 Private Messages oakenspirit

Not sure I'll be able to finish this in time but here's what I got so far...

Tomorrow's my last day of school and I have 100 things to do to get ready for it and then Im gone all weekend so... we'll see...

Any thoughts so far?

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

A good place to start:
http://pinterest.com/mashable/infographics/

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar

I had this saved, not sure if it fits the theme though, thoughts?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

I would have hoped for a longer AA option testing so some things I like enough to purchase or a good derby would come up. Not that my shirt purchase or two could have mattered. *shrugs*

Also, on topic, expect lots of Firefly designs, heh

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
cfdunbar wrote:I had this saved, not sure if it fits the theme though, thoughts?

Negative, there's no information imparted here. It's just a nifty slogan and image. HF for TNG though

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909

Ugh, another week of text shirts. Humph

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 35 Private Messages omarfeliciano
blk909 wrote:Ugh, another week of text shirts. Humph

Don't worry, I've got you covered (wink, wink)...

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915

Going old school this week

j5

toby8915 wrote:Going old school this week

Yamato!!

eta: don't get dinged for this:

move along

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass
oakenspirit wrote:Not sure I'll be able to finish this in time but here's what I got so far...

Tomorrow's my last day of school and I have 100 things to do to get ready for it and then Im gone all weekend so... we'll see...

Any thoughts so far?

I like this idea a lot, though if you have time I would love to see the Us and Imagination parts "blown up" from a speck out in space there, kind of like you'll see in maps (random example from the internet):

toby8915

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toby8915
j5 wrote:Yamato!!

eta: don't get dinged for this:

Yeah..I was thinking about the issue, there are alot of blueprint diagrams of the Yamato, one of which I used as a base. But since it is a real battleship, not sure there would be any infringement.

j5

toby8915 wrote:Yeah..I was thinking about the issue, there are alot of blueprint diagrams of the Yamato, one of which I used as a base. But since it is a real battleship, not sure there would be any infringement.

Valid point.

move along

oakenspirit

quality posts: 86 Private Messages oakenspirit
justkissmybass wrote:I like this idea a lot, though if you have time I would love to see the Us and Imagination parts "blown up" from a speck out in space there, kind of like you'll see in maps (random example from the internet):

Cool! Love it- I'll see if it happens.

billcournoyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billcournoyer

Ok, once I put it up I immediately think I could improve on it. I submitted "To Scale". I added some shading and changed the planet names to their applicable symbols. Do you think it is worth resubmitting? And what do you think about the "To Scale" text?

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee
natedogg828 wrote:for what it's worth I only bought one shirt during the trial period (on AA) due to lack of wanting many of the designs. I know I would be willing to pay $13 or $14 for designs I want on AA going forward. Figured throw my 2 cents in since my purchase history doesn't reflect my true feelings

+1

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Hey guys, I originally was planning my design this week to be in color - but I went with a simpler two-tone diagram in the end. (Transporter Guide)

Original plan would have looked like this:

Anyone prefer it this way?

gkox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gkox

Aw crap... at least I got ONE new AA shirt (just arrived days ago).

I am size WS in AA, and they've left everyone my size out in the cold once again. I will go back to ignoring woot. Bye.

j5

gkox wrote:Aw crap... at least I got ONE new AA shirt (just arrived days ago).

I am size WS in AA, and they've left everyone my size out in the cold once again. I will go back to ignoring woot. Bye.

Check back occasionally. It ain't done 'til it's done done.

move along

idarkko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idarkko

Aww man so is the 306 derby entries closed? I was finishing up an idea i wanted to enter XD

j5

idarkko wrote:Aww man so is the 306 derby entries closed? I was finishing up an idea i wanted to enter XD

Yesterday.

move along

idarkko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idarkko
j5 wrote:Yesterday.

oh well... on to the next one ^_^