WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Guest Editors: Woot Writers

hey we decided 2 let the writerz pick the designs for this sale, and also decided to let our fifteen year-old niece do the writeup. so hey what's up ya'll <3 not sure what i'm supposed to write here but if you ask me these shirts r kinda ratchet. 

Quality Posts

jrs1980

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jrs1980

I've been drawn to The Thing That Scoots for a very long time. But I still can't see myself actually wearing it.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Woot writers have superlative taste. This side sale is all "daaaaaaamn" up in the Like centers of my brain. I had nearly forgotten what it felt like to be overcome with such purchasing desire here. High-five brofist chestbumps for each and every one of you!

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

I must ask Kristy and Amy what size they would suggest for the hoodies...Are they men's type sizes or women's type sizes?

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 129 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

ambergreen wrote:I must ask Kristy and Amy what size they would suggest for the hoodies...Are they men's type sizes or women's type sizes?

Hi, I'm Kristy! They are probably better considered men's sizes. I usually wear a ML in our shirts (either AA or Anvil) and a L in our lightweight hoodies fits me perfectly.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
agingdragqueen wrote:Hi, I'm Kristy! They are probably better considered men's sizes. I usually wear a ML in our shirts (either AA or Anvil) and a L in our lightweight hoodies fits me perfectly.

Thanks, Kristy! I'm probably going to talk myself out of it...but both the Fat Unicorn and Sky Invaders are calling me, but there can be only one. If any.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 129 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

ambergreen wrote:Thanks, Kristy! I'm probably going to talk myself out of it...but both the Fat Unicorn and Sky Invaders are calling me, but there can be only one. If any.

May I humbly suggest Sky Invaders, then we can be twinsies! And so, if you ever see another woman wearing it you can point and call her an "aging drag queen" and she won't be offended at all!

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

What blanks are these printed on? AA or Anvil?

grisca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grisca

PocketBrain wrote:What blanks are these printed on? AA or Anvil?

I guess they vary.
Check where they are manufactured - e.g. the purple robot T should be an AA.

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass

Did the writers hear that my birthday was coming up and pick all the best designs for me to have? Are they going to give me the money I need to buy them all, too?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Wonderful taste woot writers! I love you guys! You can count me in for one purple AA retrobot for sure, and I'm going to give some serious thought to the Sky Invaders hoodie.

I have the shirt and love that design, plus it looks pretty sweet on a hoodie.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76

Kinda weird that this is a collection curated by writers but the original write-ups for the shirts are nowhere to be found.

tippypaws

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tippypaws

Is "ratchet" good or bad?

kbsig106

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kbsig106

"Yay Taco" - great for Taco Tuesdays and might get you a free burrito.

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

Out of curiosity, what happened to pullover hoodies? I can't remember seeing any up for a while now (besides randoms). Did I miss a notice of their demise?

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Slydon

quality posts: 18 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

curli76 wrote:Kinda weird that this is a collection curated by writers but the original write-ups for the shirts are nowhere to be found.

We're our own harshest critics. Which takes a lot of work, considering how tough you guys are.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

skemmis

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

tippypaws wrote:Is "ratchet" good or bad?

I'm pretty sure it's bad, but that's based on a thirdhand account from a coworker's teenage daughter.

dfunk29

quality posts: 50 Private Messages dfunk29

It's bad. It's like saying that it's messed up or just not right.

dfunk29

quality posts: 50 Private Messages dfunk29

Happy to see Veloceraptor & loving the history of how many people bought up to 8, when 3's the limit. Good one Woot!
If this was on AA I'd totally try to get 8 of them! :-)

werdwerdus

quality posts: 14 Private Messages werdwerdus

I think Colin is a physicist at heart

aercires

quality posts: 3 Private Messages aercires

I like the Fat Unicorn hoodie, I just wish it was a different color than the last lw hoodie I bought on Woot (Poe-etic)

soulxside

quality posts: 1 Private Messages soulxside

Bummed that Bats and Yay Taco aren't on AA shirts. Can't buy em. I stopped buying shirts for awhile when you switched - still have a few I never wear. Glad you give the option now. Wish there was an option for these.

riknik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages riknik

Staff

Suburban Blitzkrieg was my second Woot purchase and first Shirt.Woot purchase. I approve of this sale.

curli76

quality posts: 18 Private Messages curli76
riknik wrote:Suburban Blitzkrieg was my second Woot purchase and first Shirt.Woot purchase. I approve of this sale.

I got Suburban Blitzkrieg in a random order and it became my absolute favorite shirt of all time.

Then I had a massive bedbug invasion and abandoned my apartment and everything in it, including my clothes, which including a small stash of Woot shirts. I've vacillated between wanting a new one and thinking that if I do get one, the Lord (or whoever) will smite me with vermin. But still, it was my favorite. Memories. . .

muroo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages muroo

My brain processed it as a misspelling of "wretched".

amynance

quality posts: 6 Private Messages amynance

Staff

ambergreen wrote:Thanks, Kristy! I'm probably going to talk myself out of it...but both the Fat Unicorn and Sky Invaders are calling me, but there can be only one. If any.

agingdragqueen wrote:May I humbly suggest Sky Invaders, then we can be twinsies! And so, if you ever see another woman wearing it you can point and call her an "aging drag queen" and she won't be offended at all!

No don't do it! You need to buy Fat Unicorn! I always by a medium in the lightweight hoodies, btw.

amynance

quality posts: 6 Private Messages amynance

Staff

aercires wrote:I like the Fat Unicorn hoodie, I just wish it was a different color than the last lw hoodie I bought on Woot (Poe-etic)

Yesssssssss

mxjx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mxjx
amynance wrote:No don't do it! You need to buy Fat Unicorn! I always by a medium in the lightweight hoodies, btw.

I'm w/Amy. Love my Fat Unicorn heavyweight zip-up so much I bought the lightweight the moment I saw it. If I'm feeling rich (& remember) I'll probably get a second as a backup. (I stained my hw w/in a week or so. )

Size-wise: LW Hoodie = L, and for comparison, shirts AA WXL or MM, Anvil WM-WL. Search the community for "lightweight" and you'll get some other takes on fit.

stephenlynx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stephenlynx

What is with paypal being "temporarily disabled" for 3 days now?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

stephenlynx wrote:What is with paypal being "temporarily disabled" for 3 days now?

i know it's annoying. i have no answers for you. that's probably also annoying.

we'll let you know as soon as we have an update.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

vivbot

quality posts: 29 Private Messages vivbot
natedogg828 wrote:Out of curiosity, what happened to pullover hoodies? I can't remember seeing any up for a while now (besides randoms). Did I miss a notice of their demise?

Side sale hoodies tend to change with the seasons! Probably won't see non-random pullovers until fall, since they're a heavier weight. (Kind of like how there are zero tank tops offered in the fall/winter.)

I'm pretty excited about Retrobot Remix... Robots AND purple?! Cannot resist :D