4%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Okay, I'll be the one to say it. Soylent green is people!

that was fun while it lasted!

lonelypond

quality posts: 423 Private Messages lonelypond

I like how the green is textured + looking almost fuzzy but there should be a caution flag somewhere, before this future* arrives...

*Harry Harrison's book was set in 1999 and the movie added the people flavor. Thank you, Google Cave.

gertiestn

quality posts: 54 Private Messages gertiestn

I'm not sure it's the reaction anybody was going for, but if I saw someone wearing this shirt, I'd cross the street. Quickly.

timegrigsby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages timegrigsby

I might be alone on this, but is anybody else bothered that this is not really how you use a Venn diagram?

mrbarister

quality posts: 29 Private Messages mrbarister

This design is both racist and sexist! Why are the only "people" being eaten White Men?!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737
timegrigsby wrote:I might be alone on this, but is anybody else bothered that this is not really how you use a Venn diagram?

Isn't Soylent Green food AND people? It's the exception that embodies both categories, right?

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
mrbarister wrote:This design is both racist and sexist! Why are the only "people" being eaten White Men?!

No, no no, you're behind the times in your PC-ness. It would only be considered racist and/or sexist if it were anyone one other than that being eaten.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

Needs additional circles for cannibals and zombies...

stewage

quality posts: 2 Private Messages stewage

Somebody is making it......

https://campaign.soylent.me/soylent-free-your-body

(minus the people part)

WOOT ROX!

gilahacker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gilahacker
stewage wrote:Somebody is making it......

https://campaign.soylent.me/soylent-free-your-body

(minus the people part)

You beat me to it. I jumped in for a month's supply right when the campaign started. :-)

But... if you are what you eat, and you eat nothing but Soylent, then you are Soylent and Soylent is you. So Soylent is still people!

geminitriplets

quality posts: 5 Private Messages geminitriplets

Soylent Green's prediction of our dystopian future is only 9 years away... Thank goodness our government isn't making it a reality!
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/05/24/nasa-funded-3d-food-printer-could-it-end-world-hunger/

RipRap

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RipRap

Utensils are NOT an ingredient in Soylent Green. But my parents are. So, please explain why the utensils?
Thanks,

RipRap

More than 100 Woots (RipRap is better than everybody else, according to WOOT)
stop asking me to send you my used words. I recycle!

sucker4crap

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sucker4crap

sucker4crap

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sucker4crap
RipRap wrote:Utensils are NOT an ingredient in Soylent Green. But my parents are. So, please explain why the utensils?
Thanks,

RipRap

I think that it's compostable silverware... Shhhh.... Compostable silverwear is made of kittens & dogs!

sofuzzy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sofuzzy

nerds.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

RipRap wrote:Utensils are NOT an ingredient in Soylent Green. But my parents are. So, please explain why the utensils?
Thanks,

RipRap

Either utensils are a symbol for food and dining or America has a lot of utensil outlet stores.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh

This is definitely the first time i've ever seen a soylent green t on one of my daily sites. i may have to buy it just for that reason.

linkage89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages linkage89

Mmmmmm, Soylent Green (and it's on sale!)

rhanlives

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rhanlives

Well, I guess it is a more responsible use of the resource than just eating the brains.

jnadke

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jnadke
Thanks,

RipRap

I think it's meant to represent Eating.

Eating + People = Soylent Green. Or Cannibalism. Or Zombies. Or whatever.

Still, it's a ridiculous abuse of a Venn Diagram.

Joylene6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joylene6

Paypal is errored for me... woe

used the visa... needed to get the reminder out that "IT'S PEOPLE!"

everlore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages everlore
timegrigsby wrote:I might be alone on this, but is anybody else bothered that this is not really how you use a Venn diagram?

What's wrong with it? The first set represents people. The second set represents eating utensils. The overlap represents people who are used as eating utensils.

Right?

As someone who has never heard of Soylent Green, that's about as much sense as this shirt can make to me.

e

Winona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Winona
jnadke wrote:I think it's meant to represent Eating.

Yes, ridiculous! Like most of the Woot shirts I bought. :-)

But, we can't get the 'made in USA' shirts?? I WANT this but I don't like these t-shirts. The others were soooo much better.

-ck

phonedog365

quality posts: 6 Private Messages phonedog365
jnadke wrote:I think it's meant to represent Eating.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but as clever as this shirt is, it's a complete Venn diagram fail.

The combination of "eating" and "people" is not a processed food, but rather the result of eating people. Could be a gnawed on pile of bones, a toilet, I dunno, but it's not Soylent Green.

Perhaps if you'd had a diagram consisting of lentils, soy, and people with Soylent Green in the middle, you'd have a more correct diagram.

Still. Very eye-catching shirt. Best of luck next time!

Symbolic2007

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Symbolic2007
phonedog365 wrote:Best of luck next time!

While I agree it's not a perfect Venn diagram, I'm not sure the creator needs any luck. Their shirt design is the W00t shirt of the day and plenty of people do seem to like it. Hell, I think I'll buy it just to spite the couple nitpickers. Maybe I'll get three! =D

Metal is awesome, it's super-powerful and emotional, but at the end of the day we're dudes with long hair and guitars going "RAAAAAR!" -Devin Townsend

dreamwalker85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamwalker85
gilahacker wrote:You beat me to it. I jumped in for a month's supply right when the campaign started. :-)

But... if you are what you eat, and you eat nothing but Soylent, then you are Soylent and Soylent is you. So Soylent is still people!

I'm in for a week supply myself. I want to find out if people taste good before I order more.

longboarder543

quality posts: 0 Private Messages longboarder543

Anyone know why there's no option for an American Apparel version? Why can't they just offer both for everything and charge enough to cover the extra cost. I'd pay it.

Igarden2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Igarden2

I just think this is in poor taste.

No, wait ...

sfv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sfv
Leahbh wrote:This is definitely the first time i've ever seen a soylent green t on one of my daily sites. i may have to buy it just for that reason.

I still have the Soylent Green tee Woot offered about 4 years ago. It's a Woot Hoot.

fiockthis

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fiockthis
Symbolic2007 wrote:Hell, I think I'll buy it just to spite the couple nitpickers. Maybe I'll get three! =D

typical American.

ElanorRigby

quality posts: 14 Private Messages ElanorRigby
everlore wrote:
As someone who has never heard of Soylent Green, that's about as much sense as this shirt can make to me.

You livin' on the moon? How can you not hear of this if you are on teh internets?

Also...

Winona wrote:But, we can't get the 'made in USA' shirts?? I WANT this but I don't like these t-shirts. The others were soooo much better...

Stop it now. AA is gone. It's not ever coming back.

Even on a cloudy day, I'll keep my eyes fixed on the sun...

mrkryton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrkryton

What the Hell happened to PayPal?
I'm not giving you me Credit Card, so turn PayPal back on, or pay your bill, or what ever.

manhandsha

quality posts: 34 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

mrkryton wrote:What the Hell happened to PayPal?
I'm not giving you me Credit Card, so turn PayPal back on, or pay your bill, or what ever.

We're working on getting PayPal functionality restored. Unfortunately, I don't have an estimated time. I know it's a bummer, but rest assured that it will be resolved as quickly as possible.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

shroud2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shroud2
phonedog365 wrote:Yeah, I'm sorry, but as clever as this shirt is, it's a complete Venn diagram fail.

The combination of "eating" and "people" is not a processed food, but rather the result of eating people. Could be a gnawed on pile of bones, a toilet, I dunno, but it's not Soylent Green.

Perhaps if you'd had a diagram consisting of lentils, soy, and people with Soylent Green in the middle, you'd have a more correct diagram.

Still. Very eye-catching shirt. Best of luck next time!

Makes more sense when you realize that the fork and knife symbol does not represent eating, but food. ( http://www.trafficsign.us/650/guide/d9-8.gif ). The Venn diagram is being used to show the relationship between three things: people, Soylent Green, and food. It shows that Soylent Green is both people and food. If A=B and B=C, then A=C. People are food.

emilykin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emilykin

soooo- I am an old time customer just coming back because I heard woot was doing American Apparel again.
I really like todays shirt- is there a trick I am missing or have I been mislead?

boomshankalicious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boomshankalicious
emilykin wrote:soooo- I am an old time customer just coming back because I heard woot was doing American Apparel again.
I really like todays shirt- is there a trick I am missing or have I been mislead?

Yeah I already have a closet full of misshapen woot tees from Honduras. This is the first design I've seen in awhile I'd like to buy, but I'm not going to pull the trigger unless it's an AA blank.

tcg

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 2m 57.667s
First Sucker: therob3181
Last Wooter to Woot: coctailpolitics282
Last Purchase: 6 minutes ago

First day sales 465
First day posts 36