WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Describe your high school doodling habits.
  • 52.5% - Doodles in the corners of notebooks; notes front and center. 446
  • 18% - No doodles. 153
  • 24.4% - More doodles than notes. 207
  • 5.2% - All doodles. 44
850 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

j5

quality posts: 63 Private Messages j5

I never doodled in high school, preferring to wait until I got home to doodle.

move along

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

What's the statute of limitations on confessions of this nature?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Heh, I drew way too many fairies, elves, and ladies in poufy dresses--my 'art' generally reflected whatever books I'd just read. And there was poetry, too. Oh gods, so much terrible poetry alongside my florid doodling! There was one particular epic on which I still remember working through the whole school year (freshman year, so I was 14), about a lady who pushed her cheating lover into a mill's grinder and ended up eating his lone unground eye that was rolling around, after reflecting on the nature of relationships, love, and revenge (If I recall, I had just discovered the miserable beauty of thomas hardy and the delicious filth of 'romance' novels). It even rhymed! The surrounding doodles were appropriately ridiculous, I'm sure. They always were.

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

I had a separate notebook, or at least separate pages for doodling. Not that a few doodles didn't show up scattered throughout my notes, too...

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets

I read that as drooling... I need to change my answer.

Nothing follows.