4%
3%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

thebonehead

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thebonehead

Mine! Just in time for the 4th, I'm a sucker for the stars and stripes.

Nice design!

lonelypond

quality posts: 375 Private Messages lonelypond

And the voters salute the flag. With a bonus Declaration of Independence.

New Blink Kitty Love comics

JadenKale

quality posts: 179 Private Messages JadenKale

At least, if your independence and social liberties are in question, you can easily refer to your t-shirt.

Aracos

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Aracos

Looks like I'll be the first to say if the AA blanks were still being offered as an option, I'd be placing an order. I just don't like the quality of the Anvil tees, so thanks for saving me money again, plus AA would be more fitting for this design.

Deramedic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Deramedic

I've been a veteran since January. so this will be my first 4th of July since i got out of the Navy. it's also my kids birthday on the 3rd (he's turning two!) ...I'm buying matching sizes for us. It might be cheesy, but I'm proud

massha10

quality posts: 62 Private Messages massha10

Awesome shirt.

safyrejet

quality posts: 109 Private Messages safyrejet

I love that Flag. *stands at attention, hand over heart*

Impressive amount of text on one t-shirt design. Impressive text too.

kshandra

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kshandra
Deramedic wrote:I've been a veteran since January. so this will be my first 4th of July since i got out of the Navy. it's also my kids birthday on the 3rd (he's turning two!) ...I'm buying matching sizes for us. It might be cheesy, but I'm proud

Tomorrow (Flag Day) is my birthday, my husband's (also a vet) is July 4...we're cheesing right along with you.

And thank you for your service.

mirrorless

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mirrorless
Deramedic wrote:I've been a veteran since January. so this will be my first 4th of July since i got out of the Navy. it's also my kids birthday on the 3rd (he's turning two!) ...I'm buying matching sizes for us. It might be cheesy, but I'm proud

Cheesy or not, be proud Deramedic! Thanks for serving and happy birthday to your kid!

lichme

quality posts: 2275 Private Messages lichme

In Before NSA comments

clutterbug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clutterbug

Not cheesy, neither to adults nor to your son, trust me! I bought matching shirts from a catalog back in the day (my son is now 21), and not only did he LOVE wearing it with his dad, but his sisters did as well, when it fit them! They all comment about how much they loved that shirt when they see the pictures. And your shirt has the patriotism bonus!

You made a great purchase, and thank you for your service!

aoviss

quality posts: 22 Private Messages aoviss

http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm

Flag code violation. Stop being you-know-what-bags. Take those faded and torn mini-flags off your car for good, too. You have them on at night, another violation.

robmaeder

quality posts: 3 Private Messages robmaeder
aoviss wrote:http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/flagcode.htm

Flag code violation. Stop being you-know-what-bags. Take those faded and torn mini-flags off your car for good, too. You have them on at night, another violation.

I guess when the American president (this or the former, take your pick) wears an American flag pin at night they're violating flag code too. It's not a flag itself, this is a depiction of the flag, an important distinction which everyone from the top ranks of the US down to trailer parks in Alabama seems to get... well except for you.

cdettner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdettner

Great post. Thanks for your service! Two is a great age, enjoy every moment. I bet you both will look terrific in them.

thumperchick

quality posts: 207 Private Messages thumperchick

There is a ridiculous level of irony here...

The US flag shirt is only offered on Anvil blanks... not available on American Apparel blanks...

US Nicaragua!

casswoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casswoo
Aracos wrote:Looks like I'll be the first to say if the AA blanks were still being offered as an option, I'd be placing an order. I just don't like the quality of the Anvil tees, so thanks for saving me money again, plus AA would be more fitting for this design.

I agree completely! I'd definitely buy this tshirt if I could get it from AA. Just doesn't seem right to wear a patriotic tshirt that was manufactured in "Honduras/Nicaragua".

Renratca

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Renratca

Nope the flag pin is in fact part of the flag code.

robmaeder wrote:I guess when the American president (this or the former, take your pick) wears an American flag pin at night they're violating flag code too. It's not a flag itself, this is a depiction of the flag, an important distinction which everyone from the top ranks of the US down to trailer parks in Alabama seems to get... well except for you.

jgrynberg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jgrynberg

So you've been bugging Old Navy every year too, right?

I'd buy one if AA available, ah well.

RedDogRER

quality posts: 4 Private Messages RedDogRER

I love it. Definitely know what I'll be wearing for the 4th this year, and for the foreseeable future.

This will go quite well with my Gettysburg Address woot shirt!

The black square is finally mine!! BWAHAHA!! Now to go play with all my stuff.

stardustmage

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardustmage

A fantastic shirt for sale on Flag Day And hopefully here for the 4th!

sharktopus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharktopus

If you don't like the way Anvil tees fit, that's one thing, but if you're really bothered by a shirt manufactured in South America should probably check the tag on your underpants. They may be on fire.

edz321

quality posts: 5 Private Messages edz321

Great design! Sorry I can't buy one, though. The poor quality of the Anvil blanks has turned me off completely from buying any more woot! shirts. Inconsistent sizing, weird fit (what's with the HUGE neck hole?), the "thinness" of the material itself... I was greatly encouraged when the AA option was available, even for the extra $. WHY was that discontinued??

cappo

quality posts: 22 Private Messages cappo
sharktopus wrote:If you don't like the way Anvil tees fit, that's one thing, but if you're really bothered by a shirt manufactured in South America should probably check the tag on your underpants. They may be on fire.

Some of my Anvil shirts have like two dozen small holes in them after the 2nd or 3rd wash.

It looks like I went hunting with a former Vice President but got off slightly easier than the last guy.

morninglark

quality posts: 21 Private Messages morninglark

I completely agree with you about the tattered car flags and don't get me started about car lots flying flags overnight (not a designated site as per the code) or all those people with "all-weather" flags who put the flags up and then think they can go off on vacation leaving their flag unattended. If a storm comes up when they are gone (and I've seen it happen) their flag ends up hanging tattered and half off the post until they return. Same thing with stores that put flags on their roofs and then explain the shameful condition of their flag by saying that it can't be replaced because it is inaccessible!

I don't have a problem with t shirts though, and this one isn't a flag since it is composed of letters not stripes. But I firmly tell people that flags are like pets; if you are not going to take care of it, then you shouldn't have one.

Oddly, enough, I didn't have such strong feelings about the issue until after I served. Something must have gotten stuck in my brain. :-)

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Aha, a prequel to the Gettysburg Address. It's about time! ;^)

Congratulations on the win, EwingK'.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

Is this shirt going to stand the test of time? sorry Anvil not a good choice guys.

frosty2469

quality posts: 4 Private Messages frosty2469

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2008/apr/18/barack-obama/obama-contradicts-previously-stated-pin-philosophy/

Yes!
Take those flags off the cars, and put a symbol of the founding fathers ideals on something else...
Maybe the leader of the free world?

Nah, but re-elect him!

How is that 'change' working out for you?

(P.S. those who do not work for a living need not reply... No, really.)

denwho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denwho

I LOVE this shirt, and would buy 2+, but no AA = no buy for me. (I hope woot is paying attention to all the similar comments)

billypuppy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billypuppy

It's too bad that your "humorous" description of this shirt was allowed to be posted. I, for one, am thankful that Jefferson's words have endured for 237 years and that your writers will only last for 237 minutes.

"Three generations of imbeciles is enough".
Oliver Wendell Holmes

sneezycop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneezycop
RedDogRER wrote:I love it. Definitely know what I'll be wearing for the 4th this year, and for the foreseeable future.

This will go quite well with my Gettysburg Address woot shirt!

Yep, I have the Gettysburg-address as well. This is one that I will wear with pride not only on July 4th, but throughout the year.

billypuppy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages billypuppy
ChefRAZ wrote:Is this shirt going to stand the test of time? sorry Anvil not a good choice guys.

Wonderful bumper sticker post! I'll bet you also believe in diversity and inclusion. Let's leave YOUR narrow minded opinion of that which can neither be proven or disproved off this site. Some might call you "HYPOCRITE".

"Three generations of imbeciles is enough".
Oliver Wendell Holmes

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

This is disrespectful of the the flag and our republic. :-(

§176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(f) The flag should never be used as a covering for a ceiling.
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

Further reading: http://www.ushistory.org/betsy/faq.htm#q031

Of course, just as it is your right in this country to pick your butt, or to use to use foul language, it is your right to disrespect the flag. But do not be surprised when those who have good manners consider you trashy, rude, and unpatriotic.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

catherinemcclarey

quality posts: 2 Private Messages catherinemcclarey
safyrejet wrote:I love that Flag. *stands at attention, hand over heart*

Impressive amount of text on one t-shirt design. Impressive text too.

Agreed! Our family has a tradition of reading through the Declaration of Independence each 4th of July (with each family member present taking a section).

fklock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fklock

"Manufactured In: Honduras/Nicaragua"
Printed In: Carrollton, Texas, USA
Would it be SO bad to actually print the American Flag on an American-made shirt?
Incidentally, according to the US Flag Code, The American Flag should never be worn as, or adorn an article of clothing, unless as a patch, properly placed on a uniform.

fklock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fklock
ckeilah wrote:This is disreapectful of the the flag and our republic. :-(

§176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.
(b) The flag should never touch anything beneath it, such as the ground, the floor, water, or merchandise.
(c) The flag should never be carried flat or horizontally, but always aloft and free.
(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker's desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.
(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.
(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.
(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.
(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

RIGHT ON!

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains
morninglark wrote:I completely agree with you about the tattered car flags [snip]

I remember that I had a hard time taking off the car sticker flag I stuck on after 9/11. I should say that I was living around NYC at the time and had watched the towers from my window that morning. In a weird way it made me proud to be driving around with it, even after the thing got so sun tattered that it looked like peeling skin. Finally I did it, and I know I should have much sooner, but it still felt like I was turning my back on, you know, everything that went down that day. Anyway, I think this is a great shirt, and not disrespectful at all.

battra92

quality posts: 3 Private Messages battra92
ckeilah wrote:

Guess those soldiers in the Civil War really were violating their own flags. e.g. http://www.kshs.org/cool/graphics/1stksbattflaglg.jpg

I don't wear flag shirts because I find them tacky; not because I'm particularly worried about some unenforceable law that Texas v. Johnson essentially voided.

sdunham76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sdunham76

What a great and wearable design! I would be in for one if you would put them on the American Apparel tees. They are the best in my opinion.

circusninja

quality posts: 8 Private Messages circusninja
ckeilah wrote:This is disrespectful of the the flag and our republic. :-(

§176. Respect for flag

Of course, just as it is your right in this country to pick your butt, or to use to use foul language, it is your right to disrespect the flag. But do not be surprised when those who have good manners consider you trashy, rude, and unpatriotic.

But this is not a flag. This is a printed t-shirt that uses Red, White, and Blue to depict the IMAGE of our ensign.

Great shirt, great document, if only the Curlys running this nation were more familiar with this document...