WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Raising the flag

Speed to First Woot:
2m 17.225s
First Sucker:
bradsturch
Last Wooter to Woot:
ladymetis
Last Purchase:
14 hours ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 36% of Shirt Woots
Top 27% of all Woots
Woots Sold:
3926

Purchaser Experience

  • 0% first woot
  • 87% second woot
  • 13% < 10 woots
  • 0% < 25 woots
  • 0% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 10% joined today
  • 1% one week old
  • 2% one month old
  • 12% one year old
  • 75% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 87% bought 1
  • 10% bought 2
  • 3% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

7%
5%
3%
2%
1%
2%
4%
5%
5%
6%
7%
6%
5%
4%
3%
4%
3%
4%
3%
3%
4%
4%
6%
5%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Percentage of Sales Per Day

6%
6%
12%
5%
6%
56%
7%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


jrs1980


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jrs1980

Mixing Marvel and DC? Nonononononono.

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

ckeilah


quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

...and still disrespecting the glorious flag of the erstwhile great Republic. Sad, woot! Even HGTV learned from their tacky mistake http://www.prdaily.com/Main/Articles/14679.aspx

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

lichme


quality posts: 3014 Private Messages lichme

I am a fan of the design art. Great job.

cxtkrs1


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cxtkrs1

All that is missing is the Batman.

Aleksandros


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aleksandros

That's not Jay Garrick, that's Barry Allen...

Stexe


quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe
jrs1980 wrote:Mixing Marvel and DC? Nonononononono.



Yep, almost as bad as mixing Looney Toons and Disney... or mixing peanut butter and chocolate...

Oh wait, both of those turned out amazing. Why can't we have more DC and Marvel?!

safyrejet


quality posts: 122 Private Messages safyrejet

This is such a great mix of funny, awesome, cute, and patriotic. That write up is funny, awesome, and cute too. Not so much patriotic, but hey you Woot peeps managed to fit in a Scooby Doo reference. That's pretty darn American if you ask me.

Batman? Come on, can't you see it's the red and blue heroes? The theme was Red, White, and Blue after all.

TheGolux


quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux
ckeilah wrote:...and still disrespecting the glorious flag of the erstwhile great Republic. Sad, woot! Even HGTV learned from their tacky mistake http://www.prdaily.com/Main/Articles/14679.aspx



Wow, this is not a flag, this is a print with an image of the flag part of it.

I knew this who be one of the first posts, along with the mixing of Marvel & DC. The only subject missing is the AA comments.... But they will be here.

The nice part of the Derby is that purchasers from Woot vote on the shirts. There were many shirts in this derby without flags. If you wanted a different shirt you need to vote or design your own design.

Nice sixth shirt printed, harantula!

TheGolux


quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux
Stexe wrote:Yep, almost as bad as mixing Looney Toons and Disney... or mixing peanut butter and chocolate...

Oh wait, both of those turned out amazing. Why can't we have more DC and Marvel?!



Don't you kids remember the various Marvel/DC and DC/Marvel comics? http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/05/18/ask-chris-106-the-best-marvel-dc-crossover-and-superman-christ-figure/

auctionsaver


quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver
jrs1980 wrote:Mixing Marvel and DC? Nonononononono.



+1

I am not buying this. I am a big time collector of both marvel and dc, but this is sacrilege. Unless we are talking about some kind of crossover, this just aint cool man.

I do like the idea, but there are more than enough DC characters. Here is who I would go with:

Superman, wonder woman, batman, flash, and perhaps aquaman. You know, basically use characters in the justice league which will be coming out in 2 years.

Idea has potential though. Just needs development. Here is a suggestion. Why not try a marvels versus DC theme? OR justice league versus legion of doom.

Mattroid


quality posts: 18 Private Messages Mattroid

Marvel and DC living together... mass hysteria!

midori4


quality posts: 2 Private Messages midori4

How can a t-shirt disgrace the flag?

I'm pretty sure the AMerican people letting the politicians throw The Constitution away is a much bigger disgrace that a flag shirt or an ugly table cloth flag.

lordbowen


quality posts: 266 Private Messages lordbowen

Love the concept, but Superman looks like he's giving the flag the stinkeye. It's almost as if he's...Bizarro Superman.

curtisuxor


quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

Why has no one commented on the fact that this is a re-creation of the famous Iwo Jima flag-raising photograph?

The Flag Code, Marvel/DC, nor political beliefs is not what one should be concerned about with this shirt.

djkid1974


quality posts: 4 Private Messages djkid1974

I'm not a huge comics fan like most of you, so I need a little help! Can you please list all of the characters in the shirt so when I wear it, I will know who they all are! Baby Spiderman is obvious, of course. I think I see Ironman and Superman? Lord, I hope I'm right on those!

goblynn


quality posts: 2 Private Messages goblynn
djkid1974 wrote:I'm not a huge comics fan like most of you, so I need a little help! Can you please list all of the characters in the shirt so when I wear it, I will know who they all are! Baby Spiderman is obvious, of course. I think I see Ironman and Superman? Lord, I hope I'm right on those!



Superman has Captain America on his shoulders--The Flash is beside them, while Iron Man is holding the flag pole. Spiderman is on the right.

skou


quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

OK, Flag Day (in most time zones) was YESTERDAY!!

You're a day late.

steve

SumDuud


quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud
ckeilah wrote:...and still disrespecting the glorious flag of the erstwhile great Republic. Sad, woot! Even HGTV learned from their tacky mistake http://www.prdaily.com/Main/Articles/14679.aspx

Care to elaborate? I just don't think I can agree with you there. Having the flag printed on a shirt is not disrespect. Tablecloth, yes, this design doesn't seem to spark any flagetiquette issues... or am I missing something? If the shirt were made of a flag, it would be different.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

jabird1999


quality posts: 0 Private Messages jabird1999
ckeilah wrote:...and still disrespecting the glorious flag of the erstwhile great Republic. Sad, woot! Even HGTV learned from their tacky mistake http://www.prdaily.com/Main/Articles/14679.aspx



I'm not sure how this disrespects the flag. It is a collection of red, white and blue colored superheros trying to RAISE a flag. Great on harantula for a great design.

tgroomes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tgroomes

Despite liking both Marvel and DC characters I have a hard time appreciating this. The replacement of the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima with comic characters, in my eyes, takes away from the seriousness and sacrifice it took for these men to be able to raise the flag. During this battle there were over 26,000 American casualties including 6,800 dead American men who sacrificed their lives to help end World War II and ensure the freedom of the world from German and Japanese control.

cikatriz


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cikatriz

My gut reaction: kinda distasteful. Then again, I'm more of a history buff than a comic fan.

ChefRAZ


quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

great design, great color shirt. no sale for me anvil again.. guess I should look to zazzle to get what I want.
again, harantula good job.

MasterFroglicker


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MasterFroglicker

I don't understand the Marvel/DC hate in the context of this shirt.

They are both American companies, created in America, with American characters. Despite their differing camps, they are still united as American icons, just like how many Americans have opposing beliefs and ideals, but are still united in America as Americans. I think that was part of the point of the shirt, not "I like these heroes so Ima stick em on a design together"

llocutus


quality posts: 5 Private Messages llocutus
MasterFroglicker wrote:I don't understand the Marvel/DC hate in the context of this shirt.

They are both American companies, created in America, with American characters. Despite their differing camps, they are still united as American icons, just like how many Americans have opposing beliefs and ideals, but are still united in America as Americans. I think that was part of the point of the shirt, not "I like these heroes so Ima stick em on a design together"



In the Marvel universe DC exists only as a comic book. :|

klimber


quality posts: 1 Private Messages klimber

Would it be possible to get this in a version with Stormtroopers and Red shirt Enterprise crewmen so I can get a different bunch of nerds complaining about a fairly cool shirt. I would buy this for my kids in a heart beat.

10/28/2008 Sandisk 1GB MP3 Player – 2 Pack 11/14/2008 Kingston 2GB Micro SD Card x3 12/11/2008 Random Crap 01/08/2009 Reebok Heart Monitor 07/05/2010 Random Shirt 09/21/2010 I Heart Math Shirt 10/21/2010 Random Crap

scrabblefish


quality posts: 13 Private Messages scrabblefish

Disparate camps working together toward a common goal? Yep, definitely Un-American. Congress would not approve! *removes tongue from cheek*

rosstx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosstx

goblynn .. thnx for the assist with the captain. In my day & age all the characters would fight together regardless of backing. To be honest i knew the different names but the relevance was only like 2 streets over.dc/marvel..to me they were 2 for 1 trading objects.

depressoboy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages depressoboy

As a historian and a comics nerd - I kind of love this shirt. Well played woot. Well played.

radi0j0hn


quality posts: 96 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Happy to see you even acknowledged "Flag Day," Woot!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

prplbeedoo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages prplbeedoo

Superman could be putting the flag up by himself, but no, he's just going to lift someone up on his shoulders and let them struggle. Way to be a Not so haaaaaard!, Supes.

I swore I'd never fall in love...
but I did fall in lava!

dishee


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dishee
tgroomes wrote:Despite liking both Marvel and DC characters I have a hard time appreciating this. The replacement of the raising of the flag at Iwo Jima with comic characters, in my eyes, takes away from the seriousness and sacrifice it took for these men to be able to raise the flag. During this battle there were over 26,000 American casualties including 6,800 dead American men who sacrificed their lives to help end World War II and ensure the freedom of the world from German and Japanese control.



Agreed.

wkmtca


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkmtca

didn't we have enough of the 'disrespecting the flag' stuff yesterday.. along with the 'not aa..not buying'. One More Goof! it was like something real and important happened. it's a shirt.. a shirt.. with cartoon characters on it. buy it or don't..

larry45


quality posts: 0 Private Messages larry45

As a retired U.S. Navy Master Chief Petty Officer, I see no disrespect to our flag in this shirt design. I sincerely doubt the artist tried to insult anyone's sensibilities here.

drpuzzle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages drpuzzle
ckeilah wrote:...and still disrespecting the glorious flag of the erstwhile great Republic. Sad, woot! Even HGTV learned from their tacky mistake http://www.prdaily.com/Main/Articles/14679.aspx



Thank you, ckeilah, for putting it so succinctly. 70 years is still too soon, particularly considering that out of everything that they could have picked this is the scene used for the U.S. Marine Corps Memorial. The families of Harlon Block, Franklin Sousley, Rene Gagnon, Ira Hayes, and John Bradley, I'm sure, are not even casually amused. And no one gave credit to Joe Rosenthal for the original concept. Pulitzer Prize winning photographs work for a reason ...

davidwot


quality posts: 2 Private Messages davidwot
curtisuxor wrote:Why has no one commented on the fact that this is a re-creation of the famous Iwo Jima flag-raising photograph?

The Flag Code, Marvel/DC, nor political beliefs is not what one should be concerned about with this shirt.



I agree, curtisuxor.

I think we exhausted the whole flag code thing yesterday just fine.

But do the original voters and those jokingly complaining about hybridizing comic book companies, or anyone else here, understand that this design, though cute, degrades our sense of history?

For those that don't understand this as an issue, take a half day to watch some episodes of "The Pacific" Series, or read/watch Flags of Our Fathers before commenting on how this design does not miss the historical significance of the Pacific Theater of WWII, Iwo Jima and the flag raising, and the unfathomable horrors, suffering and sacrifices made by that generation sincerely involved with the war.

The Iwo Jima flag raising is a symbol of those losses, to the extent that it was the 1st National WWII memorial for decades in DC. "Uncommon valor was a common virtue"

Sorry Wooters. I usually express some humour (albeit satirical at times) in all my Woot posts, despite the seriousness. But I have to be totally serious about this one.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana (1863-1952)

drpuzzle


quality posts: 1 Private Messages drpuzzle
davidwot wrote:I agree, curtisuxor.

I think we exhausted the whole flag code thing yesterday just fine.

But do the original voters and those jokingly complaining about hybridizing comic book companies, or anyone else here, understand that this design, though cute, degrades our sense of history?

For those that don't understand this as an issue, take a half day to watch some episodes of "The Pacific" Series, or read/watch Flags of Our Fathers before commenting on how this design does not miss the historical significance of the Pacific Theater of WWII, Iwo Jima and the flag raising, and the unfathomable horrors, suffering and sacrifices made by that generation sincerely involved with the war.

The Iwo Jima flag raising is a symbol of those losses, to the extent that it was the 1st National WWII memorial for decades in DC. "Uncommon valor was a common virtue"

Sorry Wooters. I usually express some humour (albeit satirical at times) in all my Woot posts, despite the seriousness. But I have to be totally serious about this one.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" - George Santayana (1863-1952)



Kudos and props. I always like to give credit to Sgt. Lowery's photo of the first flag raising, too.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/92/First_Iwo_Jima_Flag_Raising.jpg/220px-First_Iwo_Jima_Flag_Raising.jpg

harantula


quality posts: 3 Private Messages harantula

Thanks everybody!!we feel so :D right now!!!!






tandkfanley


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tandkfanley

Raising the flag by Super Heroes? And a mix of Super Heroes at that! Our "Greatest Generation" is exactly that - a generation of Super Heroes, white and black, and often hardly more than kids. This design is a great tribute to our heroes - our fathers and grandfathers, just in time for Father's Day.

sterhill


quality posts: 1 Private Messages sterhill

Manufactured In: Honduras/Nicaragua

Why can't we get shirts, especially that have patriotic themes, made in the USA?

NOT in for any!