WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Time again for another march toward t-shirt doom! Discuss this week's life-or-death struggle for sales supremacy as chronicled on the Reckoning page all week long.

Here's how the Reckoning week runs now: every Tuesday at midnight, we retire the previous week's lowest-selling shirts and launch this here discussion thread. Tuesday around noon we'll post the all-new, all-early Reckoning Recon. On Friday, we'll juice demand and prime the pump with a little weekend reminder post. Finally, on the following Monday, the Day of Reckoning post sounds the last call for the Reckoned shirts. All of those posts will be linked below. Monday night (or Tuesday morning), it starts all over again. The Reckoning, she is a hungry beast...

Alaric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaric

First to cry out about nevermore might cost a little more next week as it is out of the top 20, still never seen one in person.

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace

Sorry to see Nevermore drop out of the Top 20 !

Print it on a lighter-grey shirt and I'll buy more!

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim

I'm 95% positive Nevermore will at least survive this week, and then the increased sales, will keep it out of the danger zone again for awhile. Just saying.

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

On vacation, pulled open the laptop. I know that Nevermore had a close call this past week, I hope this woot off helps get it out of the danger zone. I feel like Nevermore is one of the last vestiges of old woot.

*sniffle*

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

Nevermore SUCKS! Nevermore is the WORST shirt ever! Nevermore - Boo! Hiss!

That should do it.

07/11/14

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
caramelarrow wrote:Nevermore SUCKS! Nevermore is the WORST shirt ever! Nevermore - Boo! Hiss!

That should do it.

Heh! ... and then I noticed it has since dropped a spot to 24th.

There comes a time for everything, and indeed, this may be its week ...

STUPID BIRD!

brendan948725

quality posts: 39 Private Messages brendan948725
Narfcake wrote:Heh! ... and then I noticed it has since dropped a spot to 24th.

There comes a time for everything, and indeed, this may be its week ...

STUPID BIRD!

I, a proud owner of a Nevermore XL in AA from "the old Woot", can't bear to see Nevermore fall out of the top 20. ESPECIALLY with The Binge still hanging in the middle of the pack. Nevermore is the rightful owner of the crown. I fear for what may happen should we let it be overthrown.

*MOST RECENT WOOTS!*

• Random Crap
  • Light Blocking Curtains and Rod
  • HP Deskjet Wireless

• 20 Woots! (5 Bungled Original Communicator)
  • 27 Shirts!
  • 5 Sellouts!
  • 2 Homes!
  • 1 Sport!
  • 2 Techs!
  • 1 Wine!
  • 1 Accessories!
  • 2 Pops!

Ignace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ignace
brendan948725 wrote:I, a proud owner of a Nevermore XL in AA from "the old Woot", can't bear to see Nevermore fall out of the top 20. ESPECIALLY with The Binge still hanging in the middle of the pack. Nevermore is the rightful owner of the crown. I fear for what may happen should we let it be overthrown.

I used to feel this way, and strongly. But after my AA faded to untelligibility, and with the same or worse problems with visibility on the Anvil shirts, and in light of woot's unwillingness to regularly offer it on a lighter-grey shirt, I'm ready for it to drop off the vine and die.

It is the better shirt, but 'enough is too much'.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82
bluejester wrote:On vacation, pulled open the laptop. I know that Nevermore had a close call this past week, I hope this woot off helps get it out of the danger zone. I feel like Nevermore is one of the last vestiges of old woot.

*sniffle*

If I remember correctly, Woot-Off sales don't count towards the ranking.

I own 2 Nevermore's on AA and would gladly buy another, if it were on AA.

I don't want to see it go, but I've never seen it as far down as 24. Still 4 days to go, anything can happen

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

redcab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redcab

The last time "Nevermore" was this close to leaving, there was a surge and it moved out of the Reckoning on the last day. Rumor has it that some Edgar Allen Poe store/foundation buys up this shirt for their giftshop (rumors...gotta love 'em). I still miss "It Came Out Of Nowhere" on AA. The color on the Anvil shirt just doesn't look as impressive. Best of luck to you, "Nevermore".

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82
redcab wrote:The last time "Nevermore" was this close to leaving, there was a surge and it moved out of the Reckoning on the last day. Rumor has it that some Edgar Allen Poe store/foundation buys up this shirt for their giftshop (rumors...gotta love 'em). I still miss "It Came Out Of Nowhere" on AA. The color on the Anvil shirt just doesn't look as impressive. Best of luck to you, "Nevermore".

I miss "It Came Out of Nowhere." I always used to think, that it, along with The Binge, Nevermore, and Acquired Taste, would be the pillars of Shirt.Woot. At least 2 of those have survived.

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

scrabblefish

quality posts: 13 Private Messages scrabblefish
bluejester wrote:On vacation, pulled open the laptop. I know that Nevermore had a close call this past week, I hope this woot off helps get it out of the danger zone. I feel like Nevermore is one of the last vestiges of old woot.
M
*sniffle*

While never quite understanding the allure, I would agree that opening the "reckoning" and not seeing Nevermore would herald the death knell of old Woot.

bluejester

C'mon bird, one more time out of the Reckoning for old times sake.

ollietheunicorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ollietheunicorn

Am I figuring this right,,,has Nevermore been here for over FIVE YEARS! Impressive...very impressive!

ollietheunicorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ollietheunicorn

Also if Nevermore is removed, does it still stay in the HAMPER OF FAME as the longest seller, or is it removed from there also

Narfcake

ollietheunicorn wrote:Also if Nevermore is removed, does it still stay in the HAMPER OF FAME as the longest seller, or is it removed from there also

That's a really good question, as it wasn't until #122 in which records were noted. By then, Nevermore was already around for a year and a half ...

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
Narfcake wrote:That's a really good question, as it wasn't until #122 in which records were noted. By then, Nevermore was already around for a year and a half ...

Woot probably doesn't know the answer either... perhaps they assumed it would just be there forever.... lol.

Nothing follows.

Narfcake

taternuggets wrote:Woot probably doesn't know the answer either... perhaps they assumed it would just be there forever.... lol.

Haha, yeah.

If it does fall come Monday, though, and they really wanted to mess with us, they'd run Nevermore on slate next Tuesday, thus continuing haxrox's continuous streak.

escapecar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages escapecar
scrabblefish wrote:While never quite understanding the allure, I would agree that opening the "reckoning" and not seeing Nevermore would herald the death knell of old Woot.

"Old Woot" has been dead for well over a year. But nostalgia will keep The Bird alive, it always does.

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond

Nevermore up 1 since I checked this afternoon.

Narfcake

lonelypond wrote:Nevermore up 1 since I checked this afternoon.

Still in the 22 spot as of this post.

In a time in which 15 can be bought at once, there still hasn't been more than 6 purchases at a time, which may rule out that theory of some museum somewhere buying up stacks at a time.

On that topic, I do wonder which other shirt have the honors of the most orders-at-once. The Binge has 8, Fire UnNinja has 8, and Procrastination University has 7. I haven't gone any further down the catalog ...

taternuggets

Narfcake wrote:Still in the 22 spot as of this post.

In a time in which 15 can be bought at once, there still hasn't been more than 6 purchases at a time, which may rule out that theory of some museum somewhere buying up stacks at a time.

On that topic, I do wonder which other shirt have the honors of the most orders-at-once. The Binge has 8, Fire UnNinja has 8, and Procrastination University has 7. I haven't gone any further down the catalog ...

Where are you finding that information?

Nothing follows.

taternuggets

taternuggets wrote:Where are you finding that information?

Nevermore at 23 as of this post... I really don't think it's gonna make it....

Nothing follows.

afkrypto

quality posts: 5 Private Messages afkrypto

Do my eyes deceive me? Is Nevermore is finally dropping off the top 20?

Had I any sort of poetic ability, I would leave a poem in the style of "The Raven" commenting about the loss of Nevermore, but I shall leave that task to a wordsmith more talented than I.

I find myself almost sad to see it leave the list, however I find hope in that there is The Binge to take up Nevermore's place as the top 20's survivor.

Narfcake

taternuggets wrote:Where are you finding that information?

Scroll down to sales stats snapshot. Any shirt that has sold more than three in one order would show a percentage/entry for that order size.

nathanlane

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nathanlane

Wishful thinking is only just holding. Come on buddy you can do it

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Narfcake wrote:On that topic, I do wonder which other shirt have the honors of the most orders-at-once.

Travis and Joel were awesome enough to organise a special order of over 120 Four Seasons In One Day shirts for a primary school choral performance. They sang the Crowded House song of the same title. It was both impressive and bizarre seeing so many of the same design at once.

nathanlane wrote:Wishful thinking is only just holding. Come on buddy you can do it

Thanks for the support, nathanlane.

Narfcake

PixelPants wrote:Travis and Joel were awesome enough to organise a special order of over 120 Four Seasons In One Day shirts for a primary school choral performance. They sang the Crowded House song of the same title. It was both impressive and bizarre seeing so many of the same design at once.

... and here I thought your Wishful Thinking's 15 sales is the most in one order. That is really really cool!

(Narf ponders the thought of buying 120 shirts in one order ... then looks in the closet. )

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants
Narfcake wrote:... and here I thought your Wishful Thinking's 15 sales is the most in one order. That is really really cool!

(Narf ponders the thought of buying 120 shirts in one order ... then looks in the closet. )

That order of 15 wasn't me, though I'd be interested to know who it was and why.
I didn't get great photos of the concert, but this one with about 60 kids gives you an idea.

Narf, if woot went back to AA blanks you probably would place an order for 120 shirts.

bluejester

I'm thinking that this is likely it for the bird. Unless people buy it in decent quantities in the next day and quarter...are looking at the fall of a titan.

*eyes getting watery*

renegadetim

quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim

So, Narf... are you able to come close to predicting how many shirts Nevermore needs to sell in order to survive?

Or has your database and ability to figure that all out gone by the wayside? I know you would have been able to figure that out before. It would be interesting to see what kind of number it would need to pull in order to somewhat feel safer than it is.

As of right now, it's looking like it won't last. Unless people are waiting to buy multiple copies closer to the cutoff time. I wonder if Haxrox knows about the possible impending doom and has lobbied his family, friends, and fans to help save his bird!

I don't think it would be good luck for the longest ever lasting shirt on shirt.woot to be reckoned on my birthday!It'sa a sign of the apocalypse?

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

It would be nice if woot had a honors ceremony where the design was offered in ls, ss, tank, mugs, everything.

that was fun while it lasted!

Narfcake

PixelPants wrote:That order of 15 wasn't me, though I'd be interested to know who it was and why.

Oh yeah, I wasn't inferring that it was your own order, but rather, your design that someone bought 15 of. Resale in their store? It's possible.

I didn't get great photos of the concert, but this one with about 60 kids gives you an idea.

Cool!

Narf, if woot went back to AA blanks you probably would place an order for 120 shirts.

I wouldn't. Seriously. Will I run across shirts that I "want" in the future? Probably. Do I "need" them? If the trial run was any indicator, complete with the lack of my purchasing, the answer is a no.

In addition, support here at Woot has NOT been giving me warm and fuzzy feelings at all. My last two issues still have not been responded to, which were (re)sent in on the morning of the 14th.

renegadetim wrote:So, Narf... are you able to come close to predicting how many shirts Nevermore needs to sell in order to survive? ...

Nope. Without the deduction of the shirt.woot-off $3 off detour AND 20% off top-20 sales, there's no way to calculate a good DSR, and thus, predict how many sales required to survive.

Narfcake

Let's see ...

The Divine Prrrrrrrrrportion, which was 21st, has moved up to 19th, and Nevermore has been swapping places with It Is Not Ordinary Men throughout the weekend.

My WAG: 19th - 21st are close, and 22nd and 23rd are close but a bit further behind in their DSR.

bluejester

May have just ordered my last Nevermore shirt. Nabbed the smallest size possible so that one day, after my little girl is born, she might too wear the shirt printed during it's original run.

Narfcake

bluejester wrote:May have just ordered my last Nevermore shirt. Nabbed the smallest size possible so that one day, after my little girl is born, she might too wear the shirt printed during it's original run.

Very noble of you!

As of this post, Wishful Thinking is 21st, Nevermore still in 22nd. To lose both the oldest and the third oldest in one week ... ouch!

Narfcake

First time Nevermore has hit 21st place all week.

Looks like it's going to be a fight to the finish today, with 19th to 23rd involved.

Also, will we make it to page 2? That hasn't happened here in the reckoning discussion thread in like eons!

taternuggets

Narfcake wrote:First time Nevermore has hit 21st place all week.

Looks like it's going to be a fight to the finish today, with 19th to 23rd involved.

Also, will we make it to page 2? That hasn't happened here in the reckoning discussion thread in like eons!

It's so exciting!

Nothing follows.

Narfcake

taternuggets wrote:It's so exciting!

The potential fight, or a page 2 of discussions?