4%
3%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond

Well, thanks for not giving me a food craving for once...but in a cute way ; )

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

manhandsha

quality posts: 40 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Return of the Cup Noodles. I'm not quite sure how I feel about. Part of me says, 'meh, I don't really like Cup Noodles', but the other feeling I have is that zombie food brings new meaning to food fight.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit

I think I found the hidden meaning in this piece...

I lived on ramen in college...
went to college for brains...
Now I am a zombie to the job that doesn't use my degree...
and I'm broke so I am back to eating ramen... full circle-

...IT'S ALL THERE!!!

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg

Isn't the whole 'zombie' thing run its course yet? It feels like it should have. We need to move on to mummies or critters or something.

amemait

quality posts: 10 Private Messages amemait
Greshmahg wrote:Isn't the whole 'zombie' thing run its course yet? It feels like it should have. We need to move on to mummies or critters or something.

Nope. The zombie thing is still on the upswing - especially since 2012 when the CDC added a web page on Zombie Preparedness. I think it's hilarious and I'm definitely in for one! I just wish it wasn't a red T-shirt - not my best color.

I'm a sucker for the t-shirts with zombies, ninjas, or anything to do with flying or outer space (as clearly evidenced by my 250+ woot orders).

lordbowen

quality posts: 307 Private Messages lordbowen

Oh, yeah, slurp them brains. Er, I mean, noodles.

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

So in this case "noodle noggin" isn't an insult.

Now if I ever get a hold of a styrofoam cup again, I'm gonna have to try using my fingernails to "press" in deep set zombie eyes. 'Cause that's what the zombie noodles eyes remind me of, fingernail marks in the side of the cup.

flemtone

quality posts: 7 Private Messages flemtone

Eve Merriam never imagined Epaminondas' fate...

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

And here I thought all Ramen were categorized as undead. I learn something new every day on Woot.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver
oakenspirit wrote:I think I found the hidden meaning in this piece...

I lived on ramen in college...
went to college for brains...
Now I am a zombie to the job that doesn't use my degree...
and I'm broke so I am back to eating ramen... full circle-

...IT'S ALL THERE!!!

You are overthinking this too much. Must be a business, education or art major. :D

To me, this shirt is a meh. I like the grains one better as I thought that was both witty and and was vegetarian zombie friendly.

http://shirt.woot.com/offers/graiiiinss

auctionsaver

amemait wrote:Nope. The zombie thing is still on the upswing - especially since 2012 when the CDC added a web page on Zombie Preparedness. I think it's hilarious and I'm definitely in for one! I just wish it wasn't a red T-shirt - not my best color.

I'm a sucker for the t-shirts with zombies, ninjas, or anything to do with flying or outer space (as clearly evidenced by my 250+ woot orders).

I agree. You have the walking dead which is a top rated show. And it is an everyday thing in culture still. I think zombies went from a niche thing to something of a perma theme now as vampires did a few decades ago.

On the other hand, it is interesting how much the werewolve genre dropped over the last decade. That was THE THING between the 80 and until the mid 90s. Revived a little with those two movie series, but not to the same level as before.

So who knows.

Always in motion is the future... The dark side clouds everything.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

This shirt is totally NOT meh. Good art style, good colors, the shirt color works with it.

Besides, if not zombies then what? Ninjas, pirates, and Cthulhu are old hat. Is it time to dust off cowboys and astronauts? Or is it finally time for chimeras to be cool?

Krayzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Krayzie

Is the 3XL Men's AA shirt basically a 2XL now? I haven't bought a shirt since the AA days and I don't have a tape measure... Thanks!

auctionsaver

skatimmy737 wrote:This shirt is totally NOT meh. Good art style, good colors, the shirt color works with it.

Besides, if not zombies then what? Ninjas, pirates, and Cthulhu are old hat. Is it time to dust off cowboys and astronauts? Or is it finally time for chimeras to be cool?

This world war z has me a little concerned.

Cowboys? Astronauts? Ninjas? Pirates? Enough with the mythical creatures already.

I train every day for up coming zombie invasion, comprised of mostly dead N a z I s. Yup, every day or so. Give me a Bowie knife and some soda pop, and I am good to go. They can have the noodles as long as they lay off the twinkies and snowballs. I personally like the texture.

apparently, n a z I s = I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorants

elizalishly

quality posts: 20 Private Messages elizalishly
auctionsaver wrote:
apparently, n a z I s = I wanted you guys to know I'm ignorants

Yeah, I've been caught by that one before when I called myself a grammar n a z i. I don't think many people would complain if Woot removed that particular auto-correct. >.<

With regard to the shirt, though, I think it's clever and hilarious and there's no such thing as too much zombie.

Geniekid

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Geniekid
elizalishly wrote:...there's no such thing as too much zombie.

ONE ZOMBIE IS TOO MUCH ZOMBIE.

oakenspirit

auctionsaver wrote:You are overthinking this too much. Must be a business, education or art major. :D

Art Major... Art Teacher now... Well done! ;)

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake
Krayzie wrote:Is the 3XL Men's AA shirt basically a 2XL now? I haven't bought a shirt since the AA days and I don't have a tape measure... Thanks!

In which aspect? In chest width, it's pretty much the same. In length, I've found the current Anvil shirts to lose about 10% in length if you dryer dry them.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Cool design, ocho you crazy gastronaut. Congrats!

(I've been drawing a noodles shirt recently but it's too weird to show anyone. Which for me is saying something. :-p)

ochopika

quality posts: 28 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Thanks for the nice comments, yous guys.

Spiritgreen wrote:Cool design, ocho you crazy gastronaut. Congrats!

(I've been drawing a noodles shirt recently but it's too weird to show anyone. Which for me is saying something. :-p)

I wanna see. O.O

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
ochopika wrote:I wanna see. O.O

PM'd you. :p

Krayzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Krayzie
Narfcake wrote:In which aspect? In chest width, it's pretty much the same. In length, I've found the current Anvil shirts to lose about 10% in length if you dryer dry them.

Ok, thanks!

Edit: Bah, I need to order a test shirt. I looked up the AA sizing chart and the anvil sizing chart. I am hoping they're accurate for woot shirts. The Anvil 3XL is showing 56" chest while the AA 3XL is only 52". I am thinking I need a 2XL anvil but the shorter length concerns me...

oakenspirit

Spiritgreen wrote:PM'd you. :p

I'm jealous... I wanna be on Spiritgreen's secret design pm list... ;)

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

First sucker: jeremyr614 Last wooter to woot: andromita9 Last purchase: 30 minutes ago

Order Pace (rank): Bottom 46% of Shirt Woots | Top 30% of all Woots Woots Sold: 1163
First day posts 23

unwiredben

quality posts: 1 Private Messages unwiredben

Apparently, Courthouse News stole your graphic to illustrate its article on noodle price fixing. See http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/07/25/59677.htm.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

unwiredben wrote:Apparently, Courthouse News stole your graphic to illustrate its article on noodle price fixing. See http://www.courthousenews.com/2013/07/25/59677.htm.

good lookin' out. i'll pass it along.
thanks!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.