WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How do you like this Shirt.Woot Woot-Off?
  • 50.1% - I love it! 811
  • 10.1% - I find it unnecessary 164
  • 13.9% - I hadn't noticed it 225
  • 25.9% - Is that what's happening? I thought maybe I was on amphetamines. 419
1619 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

xarous

quality posts: 18 Private Messages xarous

It's about damn time shirt.woot got its sexy yellow lights going. Good job Woot.

trekmiss

quality posts: 8 Private Messages trekmiss

I love the idea! I just wish I could participate. Maybe a purple shirt or 2 will be included.

cxtkrs1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cxtkrs1

I love it!

Just purchased the remaining three unstealthest ninja shirts I needed for the set.

jrs1980

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jrs1980

I think the Woot-Off meter on this site is broken, tho. Or is it like, a new item every half hour?

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

susanzell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susanzell

Shirt Woot Off should have included all shirts - not just the top 20.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow
trekmiss wrote:I love the idea! I just wish I could participate. Maybe a purple shirt or 2 will be included.

Yep! An AA option would give us ALL the ability to participate in the fun. Come on, Woot, you can do it.

07/11/14

seekayeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seekayeff
susanzell wrote:Shirt Woot Off should have included all shirts - not just the top 20.

I'll second this

Scoutmb9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Scoutmb9
caramelarrow wrote:Yep! An AA option would give us ALL the ability to participate in the fun. Come on, Woot, you can do it.

+1

computermd82

quality posts: 32 Private Messages computermd82

I'd like to see a Shirt-Off where different designs from the catalog are put on sale throughout the day, maybe a different shirt every half hour or hour. The advantage in buying these would be that they're screen printed.

On AA of course, then I'd go broke.

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets

This is so exciting! That last of us/acquired taste bundle was a steal.

Nothing follows.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Will the shirts be DTG or screened?

"Printed to Order" isn't descriptive enough.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
artulo wrote:Will the shirts be DTG or screened?

"Printed to Order" isn't descriptive enough.

It probably varies by amount sold per size. If they sell enough--screen. If not--DTG.

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

Well, I've paid more attention to this woot-off than I have for the past three, so that counts for something.

Since the item is defined (aka not a random), the artists still get a commission (albeit lower), correct?

I do believe that they'll be screening all these; the lower price point is increasing the sales, not to mention that I just don't see them using the DTG for anything at the $10 price point.

Then again, this is Woot ... they don't always do things that make any sense either.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit

BAH! Fell asleep. Wonder what I missed...

zekecatz

quality posts: 202 Private Messages zekecatz
oakenspirit wrote:BAH! Fell asleep. Wonder what I missed...

Click on community at the top of the page; it shows everything you missed.

Hodakaroadtoad

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Hodakaroadtoad

You guys are trying to bankrupt me, aren't you. I'm not sure I should be watching shirt.woot today.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn
oakenspirit wrote:BAH! Fell asleep. Wonder what I missed...

Everything is listed in the first tab over yonder...

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit

Thanks guys... shoulda known. This woot-off is bringing out the USB 3 in me.

SumDuud

quality posts: 22 Private Messages SumDuud

missed some whisrts I would haveliked to have, but my wife will be happy about that. I can't be refreshing shirt.woot constantly at work, what are you guys doing to me...

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

Change frightens me...

dustin57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dustin57

Id care if they went back to the old shirts that were WWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BETTER!!! These new shirts SUCK! They shrink, they're short, and they dont feel as good.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets

I'm just hoping that the email about this was just all shtick and had no actual secret warnings.

Nothing follows.

slacker44

quality posts: 7 Private Messages slacker44
trekmiss wrote:I love the idea! I just wish I could participate. Maybe a purple shirt or 2 will be included.

Agreed.

fairytails1029

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fairytails1029

I just want the damn Lama shirt at a discount already. My suggestion would be that you have multiple shirts available on you're Woot Off's at the same time. Not just one. I can't watch it all day long.

Adelas

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Adelas
caramelarrow wrote:Yep! An AA option would give us ALL the ability to participate in the fun. Come on, Woot, you can do it.

Me too! me too!

..... sigh....

darrentf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darrentf
taternuggets wrote:I'm just hoping that the email about this was just all shtick and had no actual secret warnings.

Yup...saw the very same thing and I'm a little scared...

Thanks for commenting, I keep coming back here to add something and stupid work keeps dragging me back to reality.

1st Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/1/2010! w00t!!11!!
2nd Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/2011! w00t!!11!!

prtyyoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages prtyyoshi

Come on Woot! I just got paid! Let me give you my moneys! I love the idea of the shirt wootoff, but put up an AA shirt! =DD

bsmith1

quality posts: 111 Private Messages bsmith1

I've had issues with the "Made in USA" (assuming AA) shirts. The stitching at the waist has been off on 2 or 3 of them. Like, it doesn't follow the hem. (or whatever you call it) One of them was so bad, it caused tiny rips in the shirt. The other was sorta folded over and stitched on top of itself so that it was permanently wrinkled. These were all $6.66 rando shirts, but I've never had such trouble with Anvil.

kingpin202

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingpin202

Just got 6 random shirts... How awesome is that? =P

midori4

quality posts: 2 Private Messages midori4

The random shirts is cool, it's like a BOGOF. Cant's wait to see what I get, even through I hate the new brand of shirts like98% of everyone else. haha

slowjam

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slowjam

Strangely, this was mis-post-ed-ed in the wrong thread.

I would love it, if the quality of shirts was acceptable.

A few years ago, while in college, my roommate told me of this site, shirt.woot.com. Woot, he said, was a deal-a-day site with some pretty cool tech gadgets now and then, but the real gold was in the shirt section. The prints were high quality and didn't fade or peel in the wash, he claimed. The shirts fit well and kept their size. The didn't rip or tear. And so forth.

He was right. My first woot shirt, Splattermare (Oct 30, 2008) is still in excellent condition. I can still wear it and it does not look at all like it is 5 years old.

The Anvils I bought crapped out after a wash or two, and I've thrown most of them away since.

I was really excited when I heard about the dual-brand option. But, no offense to any of the artists, none of the shirts in that time-span really appealed to me. But I slept easy knowing that I could spend just $1 and have a shirt that would last years instead of weeks.

Add me to the list of those kneeling before Woot and begging for a higher quality provider.

mrtonyclifton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrtonyclifton
susanzell wrote:Shirt Woot Off should have included all shirts - not just the top 20.

There's other shirts besides top 20 - I picked the 1UP coffee mug shirt this afternoon.

mkdr

quality posts: 35 Private Messages mkdr

This is the best woot-off ever! Sorry I missed the beginning because I wasn't paying attention to the general woot-off. I'm pretty excited about the prospect of this happening again - hopefully my husband won't notice all the emails from my purchases

forever fighting the urge to buy something just because it is cheap and cool...wait, it's cheap and cool, let me click that big yellow button!

saltysilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saltysilver

I check woot usually once a day to see the new shirt of the day and check out the derby to see all the talented artist. The flashing lights are making me come back to check what's going on... I don't wait to miss any opportunities. Woot woot!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

A couple years overdue!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

lonelypond

quality posts: 461 Private Messages lonelypond

Looked like a lot of fun and makes me hope I can indulge in an all nighter should another happen...

Love mysteries? Want a mix of gay + straight characters? With a bit of Poe? Try my book, darn it ; ) In The Bleak December.

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

I nabbed the latest in the Unstealthiest Ninja saga. I hope that it also helps Nevermore to survive.

mimms1701d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mimms1701d

loved the woot-off... but because i couldn't be at the computer 24h i missed 2 shirts i really would have loved to have... damned. I really hope this woot-off will happen again. :-) But it would be nice if it was announced the day before, so we'd know that we have to look out for fantastic shirts to even more fantastic prices. :-)

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle

I would've been gladly purchasing, had AA been offered.... *sigh* ... C'mon Woot, charge a couple extra bucks, quality is worth paying for!