lichme

quality posts: 2943 Private Messages lichme

Hello there, you may remember me from such posts as Complete List of Woot Plus Sales, or Introducing WootStalker T-Shirt Trade Center

I have spent the last two days coming up with a new method for indexing all of the Derby info and Shirt.Woot on Demand Catalog. Well, the main leg work is done. I present to you, Woot's Closet

There is still some stuff that I want to do, but overall it is pretty functional.

Comments/Feedback/Suggestions are welcome. I hope you like it!

marceepauff

quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff

Woooooo Liquee! Nice work!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

This is pretty fantastic news. Great job Lichme! This was sorely needed.

Nothing follows.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
lichme wrote:Hello there, you may remember me from such posts as Complete List of Woot Plus Sales, or Introducing WootStalker T-Shirt Trade Center

I have spent the last two days coming up with a new method for indexing all of the Derby info and Shirt.Woot on Demand Catalog. Well, the main leg work is done. I present to you, Woot's Closet

There is still some stuff that I want to do, but overall it is pretty functional.

Nice!

I don't see the rejections from past derbies, though?

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

lichme

Mavyn wrote:Nice!

I don't see the rejections from past derbies, though?

Rejects should be there, I wasnt able to get removes though.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

excellent! thanks so much!

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Within the derby, yes, but it doesn't look like they're tied to the artist? Or if they are, the status wasn't immediately apparent.

Nice, either way.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

ochopika

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Yay! This is great, thank you!

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

Woo, very nice! I bow to your great parsing and coding skills!

A couple bugs I did run across ...

- Shirts that printed out of a double-take derby EC end up counting twice. Examples:
CoffeyBean,
DerpyThings,
Nicetry.

- Entries that have an apostrophe, hyphen, or non-standard character doesn't get associated when printed. Examples:
James Cho/Travis Gentry's It’s Going Out Faster Than It’s Coming In,
Spiritgreen's Error - Cuteness Overflolw,
RamyB's Schrödinger’s Equation (plus others).

Not so much a bug, but a part which I can't see being implemented in any automatic way - shirts that printed with a different name than they were submitted with. Examples:
Stone Temple Pilots became Shirt Title Pending,
Night Owl became Nocturnowl,
Inspired by King of the Beasts became Natural Pride.

lichme

Narfcake wrote:Woo, very nice! I bow to your great parsing and coding skills!

A couple bugs I did run across ...

- Shirts that printed out of a double-take derby EC end up counting twice. Examples:
CoffeyBean,
DerpyThings,
Nicetry.

- Entries that have an apostrophe, hyphen, or non-standard character doesn't get associated when printed. Examples:
James Cho/Travis Gentry's It’s Going Out Faster Than It’s Coming In,
Spiritgreen's Error - Cuteness Overflolw,
RamyB's Schrödinger’s Equation (plus others).

Not so much a bug, but a part which I can't see being implemented in any automatic way - shirts that printed with a different name than they were submitted with. Examples:
Stone Temple Pilots became Shirt Title Pending,
Night Owl became Nocturnowl,
Inspired by King of the Beasts became Natural Pride.

Issue 1: Fixed
Issue 2: Fixed

Issue 3: You are correct. There's no way to do that automatically. On the artist page though, I can list "Derby Entries" on the top, and a "Catalog Prints" on the bottom underneath. There would, of course be duplicates between the two, but it would catch anything that doesn't get linked. What do you think?

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
lichme wrote:Hello there, you may remember me from such posts as Complete List of Woot Plus Sales, or Introducing WootStalker T-Shirt Trade Center

I think it's awesome people in the community are willing to pick up the torch on stuff like this. I'm busy the next couple weeks but I'm willing to lend you some art gratis to spruce up the look of your site as my way of saying thanks

tjost

Also if you want to get real crazy with the numbers and gain the affection of anyone who's ever printed you could do a tracker of daily/weekly/monthly etc sales on each design to make it easier for all of us to keep track of our numbers especially if we have 10 plus prints just sayin

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

This is so great! Thank you!

lichme

tjost wrote:I think it's awesome people in the community are willing to pick up the torch on stuff like this. I'm busy the next couple weeks but I'm willing to lend you some art gratis to spruce up the look of your site as my way of saying thanks

Cool! I've always been good at the programming aspect of things, however the art side of it, not so much. I appreciate it.

As far as the Sales Stats, what kind of information were you looking for? I don't see anywhere that actually has number of sales listed anywhere (if that is what you were thinking of). I might be missing it though.

taternuggets

lichme wrote:As far as the Sales Stats, what kind of information were you looking for? I don't see anywhere that actually has number of sales listed anywhere (if that is what you were thinking of). I might be missing it though.

On the first comment page of every shirt (excluding the current daily print) you will see the count for "Woots Sold." This number is updated daily, however it doesn't seem to be at a set time, it varies by shirt.... I haven't figured out a pattern yet.

Nothing follows.

Narfcake

taternuggets wrote:On the first comment page of every shirt (excluding the current daily print) you will see the count for "Woots Sold." This number is updated daily, however it doesn't seem to be at a set time, it varies by shirt.... I haven't figured out a pattern yet.

Around midnight is what it appears to be; that's where the numbers were stuck at when I was looking on Monday.

I don't recall if last Wooter to Woot still advances or not, though. That would pinpoint whether it's updating regularly or not.

lichme wrote:Issue 1: Fixed

Issue 3: You are correct. There's no way to do that automatically. On the artist page though, I can list "Derby Entries" on the top, and a "Catalog Prints" on the bottom underneath. There would, of course be duplicates between the two, but it would catch anything that doesn't get linked. What do you think?

Cool (x2!)

As for #3 - It's up to you, as such sort of exists already via the 'search for the artist' aspect in the catalog. Maybe a prominent but separate link to the artist's catalog prints?

lichme

Narfcake wrote:Cool (x2!)

As for #3 - It's up to you, as such sort of exists already via the 'search for the artist' aspect in the catalog. Maybe a prominent but separate link to the artist's catalog prints?

Done - If you look at the artist page, you will see a link to their Closet/Catalog page at the top.

tjost wrote:Also if you want to get real crazy with the numbers and gain the affection of anyone who's ever printed you could do a tracker of daily/weekly/monthly etc sales on each design to make it easier for all of us to keep track of our numbers especially if we have 10 plus prints just sayin

I'm mining some data now. Not sure if I will do daily, weekly is probably more practical, but for now, you can see it via the Catalog/Closet page.

You can take a look at your counts here (still updating)

*Note, plus sales or sales without a discussion link will not have counts for the sales

bluchez

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bluchez
lichme wrote:Issue 1: Fixed

With the way that woot does the writeups now, most derby prints could be linked with the "3rd place in Derby #138: Band Names Reinterpreted" part of the writeup.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

So awesome!! I missed being able to reference things - including my own entries so easily. Thank you!

Vote!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

This is amazing! Thank you so much for compiling all the data and putting your time into this, lichme.

PixelPants

quality posts: 68 Private Messages PixelPants

What a great resource for artists and fans. It'll get a lot of use from me.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

Quite Impressive ace! Thanks for the hard work.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Wow!!! What an amazing job! Thank you for the hard work It is really appreciated!

lichme

tjost wrote:Also if you want to get real crazy with the numbers and gain the affection of anyone who's ever printed you could do a tracker of daily/weekly/monthly etc sales on each design to make it easier for all of us to keep track of our numbers especially if we have 10 plus prints just sayin

Okay. Here is an idea for some sales stats that I have implemented. If you check your name in the Catalog, you can see your total sales numbers (if listed). If you click on your Total sale number, it will bring you to a sales page, that shows how many shirts were sold from the previous day, week, and month (per shirt). Then at the bottom it will show overall counts for all shirts.

Once more data is populated, I'll add the ability to search a custom range.

I purchased new server hosting yesterday, so it should be a lot faster processing the site.

tjost

lichme wrote:Okay. Here is an idea for some sales stats that I have implemented. If you check your name in the Catalog, you can see your total sales numbers (if listed). If you click on your Total sale number, it will bring you to a sales page, that shows how many shirts were sold from the previous day, week, and month (per shirt). Then at the bottom it will show overall counts for all shirts.

I purchased new server hosting yesterday, so it should be a lot faster processing the site.

I think I love you

taternuggets

lichme wrote:Okay. Here is an idea for some sales stats that I have implemented. If you check your name in the Catalog, you can see your total sales numbers (if listed). If you click on your Total sale number, it will bring you to a sales page, that shows how many shirts were sold from the previous day, week, and month (per shirt). Then at the bottom it will show overall counts for all shirts.

I, and I'm sure everyone else, am quite thankful for all the work you are putting into this. It's really quite awesome to find all this information in one place. I was flipping through some of the artist pages looking at total sales and I noticed that some shirts have a quantity of unknown... It appears that when a shirt get's added to a side sale or something, the original page with the comment thread that shows the quantity is lost. For example... patrickspens Acquired taste doesn't have a quantity sold... so out of curiousity, I went looking for the original page... it still exists and it does have the quantity counter. I assume it's still counting sales as it has the last purchase listed as yesterday. Now without flipping the blog page back 154 pages, I don't know of an easy way to find the original pages for some of these shirts... perhaps someone else can figure out a shortcut.

Nothing follows.

fishbiscuit5

taternuggets wrote:I, and I'm sure everyone else, am quite thankful for all the work you are putting into this. It's really quite awesome to find all this information in one place. I was flipping through some of the artist pages looking at total sales and I noticed that some shirts have a quantity of unknown... It appears that when a shirt get's added to a side sale or something, the original page with the comment thread that shows the quantity is lost. For example... patrickspens Acquired taste doesn't have a quantity sold... so out of curiousity, I went looking for the original page... it still exists and it does have the quantity counter. I assume it's still counting sales as it has the last purchase listed as yesterday. Now without flipping the blog page back 154 pages, I don't know of an easy way to find the original pages for some of these shirts... perhaps someone else can figure out a shortcut.

I have that issue with a couple of designs. I usually just do a google custom search and find the original blog post from the first day sale. Not convenient, but it's there if you need to find something.

Narfcake

FWIW, it should be Woot's responsibility to replace the missing links to the discussions after a Woot-plus side sale.

When Neuro and I were manually doing the numbers tracking, we too would have to Google for the discussion thread. For me, it was really "fun" when it wasn't something important at all, like that one night in a bout of insomnia back in early January that I decided to count up the top selling artist. 291,959; I'm sure it's increased a decent amount since then.

lichme wrote:... I purchased new server hosting yesterday, so it should be a lot faster processing the site.

That's a subtle hint for this page, folks.

taternuggets

Narfcake wrote:Around midnight is what it appears to be

I've been watching my liberty shirt the last two days and the number is flipping over around 5pm eastern... I looked at a few others, and they didn't flip at the same time. I have no explanation for this... lol.

Nothing follows.

lichme

taternuggets wrote:I, and I'm sure everyone else, am quite thankful for all the work you are putting into this. It's really quite awesome to find all this information in one place. I was flipping through some of the artist pages looking at total sales and I noticed that some shirts have a quantity of unknown... It appears that when a shirt get's added to a side sale or something, the original page with the comment thread that shows the quantity is lost. For example... patrickspens Acquired taste doesn't have a quantity sold... so out of curiousity, I went looking for the original page... it still exists and it does have the quantity counter. I assume it's still counting sales as it has the last purchase listed as yesterday. Now without flipping the blog page back 154 pages, I don't know of an easy way to find the original pages for some of these shirts... perhaps someone else can figure out a shortcut.

You know, I figured the same thing out too. There were a ton of shirts like this, and I started manually looking them up as you did. Some of them I found, some of them I couldn't. I even tried going to the blog pages at (shirt.wooot.com/blog/shirt-title) and grabbing the url from there, but it didn't always exist. The process of manually updating them probably took the longest of everything so far. Once I get some more time, I'll dig around some more.

rglee129

quality posts: 28 Private Messages rglee129

Wow, Lichme!!! This is great.

BTW, I noticed that "rglee129" is in there, but "RobbieLee," the name I go with for my daily designs is not.

Thanks a ton for putting this together.

lichme

rglee129 wrote:Wow, Lichme!!! This is great.

BTW, I noticed that "rglee129" is in there, but "RobbieLee," the name I go with for my daily designs is not.

Thanks a ton for putting this together.

"Artists" only shows derby artists. If you are looking for your daily submissions, you can find them under the closet/catalog. Here is the list of your daily prints under Robbie Lee.

lichme

A few updates to report:

"Derby Stats" has been moved to the main page for easy access

When viewing entries for an active derby, the top 9 entries will now show at the top of the list.

Approx 120 additional blog links/counts have been added manually through google searches. Only about 40 shirts could not be resolved.

Ideas/Stuff to come in the future:

T-Shirt Trading Center - Link Artist Names to their Catalog

Email reporting - the ability to "subscribe" to a users catalog and get daily sales reports emailed.

Additional Stats/Leaderboard stuff

Narfcake

lichme wrote:... Approx 120 additional blog links/counts have been added manually through google searches. Only about 40 shirts could not be resolved. ...

Woo! If there's any the community can do, if you run across any "Shirts Sold as of : Unknown", post a link to the shirt and the discussion.

On another note, so far I found four artists which have exceeded 100k shirts:
Walmazan @ 104k.
TJost @ 115k
Patrick Spens @ 252k
RamyB @ 300k

Did I miss anyone?

Narfcake

Narfcake wrote:Woo! If there's any the community can do, if you run across any "Shirts Sold as of : Unknown", post a link to the shirt and the discussion. ...

Doing a little checking for shirts on page 22 - it's not so much the missing discussion, but the numbers are missing from them, period!

http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=1989381
http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=1979269
http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4010498
http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4007968
http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=3880036

Fix it, Woot!

lichme

Here is a list of shirts that I haven't got discussions links for:

Underworld Blossom - Rasabi - Purchase Link
Lunar Raven - fuacka - Purchase Link
The Monkeys Paw - oneshoeoff - Purchase Link
C is for Coffee - qetza - Purchase Link
There Will be Cake - odysseyroc - Purchase Link
Treasure Island - fuacka - Purchase Link
The Day My Childhood Died - tjost - Purchase Link
The Ultimate Book Club - helgram - Purchase Link
Push to the Limit - walmazan - Purchase Link
Laughing Gas - Letter-Q - Purchase Link
Fluidity - ramyb - Purchase Link
Rocket Science Club - fishbiscuit5 - Purchase Link
Math + Pumpkin = Pi - fishbiscuit5 - Purchase Link
Life Isnt That Hard - wirdou - Purchase Link
The Cake is a Venn - tessderpervilles - Purchase Link
The Golem - kharmazero - Purchase Link
Pwned - fishbiscuit5 and kevlar51 - Purchase Link
Hello My Name is Player 1 - patrickspens - Purchase Link
Hello My Name is Player 2 - patrickspens - Purchase Link
Armor Testing - patrickspens - Purchase Link
Good Mole Hunting - riffmaster18 - Purchase Link
Bear Naked - tjost - Purchase Link
Not on my Watch - Radscoolian - Purchase Link
Cult of Cathulhu - ochopika - Purchase Link
The Electromagnetic Spectrum - Wirdou & Alberto Arni - Purchase Link
Using the Force - walmazan - Purchase Link
Dark and Stormy - ochopika - Purchase Link
Global Thermonuclear War - brockart - Purchase Link
Your Friendly Neighborhood Bearista - Drew Brockington aka Brockart - Purchase Link
Types of Chemical Bonds - wirdou - Purchase Link
Turtles Love Pizza - fishbiscuit5 - Purchase Link
Inspired by Katamari Damacy - fuacka - Purchase Link
Ninjas vs. Vikings - Radscoolian - Purchase Link
The Catchers - patrickspens - Purchase Link
The 4th Dimension - cmdixon2 - Purchase Link
Dare to Keep Your Kids Off Cauliflower - ApeLad - Purchase Link
Give Till It Hurts - David Staffell - Purchase Link
$ - Dan Rule - Purchase Link
Grow - mwm8180 - Purchase Link
Snowmen In Heat - jamescho84 - Purchase Link
Unhappy Meeting - samryan - Purchase Link

Here is a list of shirts that have a discussion link, but no counts:

Mister Poes Guilt Trip - Anna-Maria Jung - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Carrots - Randyotter - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
QR Composition - lucky1988 - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Oil Lang Syne - The Acceptorator - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Illegal Operation - Adam Koford - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
In the world of black and white - radiomode - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
The Shortcut - Alex Solis - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Treats on Strike - Santo76 - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Trick Or Treat - ThatRobert - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
They grow up so fast - Lim Heng Swee & David Soames - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Dessert Island - wotto - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
#1 Fan - Dina Prasetyawan a.k.a kooky love - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Bad Directions - nathanwpyle - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Quite Good - kaseyfleming - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Devostation - cmdixon2 - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
The End - littleclyde - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Bling Of The Dead - Paul Hornschemeier - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Blocks Build You - jewelwing - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Smilin Don - RubyRed - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
The House Always Wins - Wenceslao Almazan - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Attack of Man - littleclyde - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Im No Liar - Julia Sonmi Heglund - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Snake Eyes - vincentrogel - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Wolf Out! - Philip Tseng - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Spring Awakening - Montro - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Air - edgarrmcherly - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Whats under the bed? - nicetry - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Seven Finger Discount - Reilly Stroope - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
At Least Its Not Knives - Woot - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Love Machine - Stephen Kelleher - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Guts - Wotto - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
The Better To Love You With - Chow Hon Lam - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Sliding Scales - Mike Myers - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
2008: A Shirt Odyssey - Blair Sayer - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Heavy Monster Sounds - Dale Edwin Murray - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Trick or Terror - Steven Lefcourt - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Polite Pete - Corey Everett - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Just Because… - redghia69 - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Factory - Draco - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Dino Wino - Dale Hayward - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Dont Be Square - Josh Perkins - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Tall Pipes - Jeffery Calvert - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
Scales & Bubbles - Tom Anderson - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
I Like Them on the Grill - BootsBoots - Purchase Link - Discussion Link
We Rule the Air - tgentry - Purchase Link - Discussion Link

lichme

Narfcake wrote:Woo! If there's any the community can do, if you run across any "Shirts Sold as of : Unknown", post a link to the shirt and the discussion.

On another note, so far I found four artists which have exceeded 100k shirts:
Walmazan @ 104k.
TJost @ 115k
Patrick Spens @ 252k
RamyB @ 300k

Did I miss anyone?

Looks like that is about right. Updated the Stats Page with catalog info at the bottom

fishbiscuit5

lichme wrote:Looks like that is about right. Updated the Stats Page with catalog info at the bottom

The stats don't include plus sale prints that haven't been added to the catalog. I think I have 4 (maybe) that have been for sale but need to be manually added under the D contract. I also have one print under the C contract. Did I mention how much I'm loving this site? It's addicting!

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Narfcake wrote:FWIW, it should be Woot's responsibility to replace the missing links to the discussions after a Woot-plus side sale.

When Neuro and I were manually doing the numbers tracking, we too would have to Google for the discussion thread. For me, it was really "fun" when it wasn't something important at all, like that one night in a bout of insomnia back in early January that I decided to count up the top selling artist. 291,959; I'm sure it's increased a decent amount since then.

That's a subtle hint for this page, folks.

Can you elaborate on that? Where are discussion links missing and when does it occur?

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.