2%
2%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba

Nice to see a turtle that actually looks like a turtle.

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond

Love the helmet : )

KAZVorpal

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KAZVorpal

Someone explain why he is carrying carrots.

If you were at war against Americans, would you carry steak, potatoes, and/or apple pie?

You don't simply carry anything that is vaguely associated with your opponent, that makes no sense.

phileoca

quality posts: 9 Private Messages phileoca
KAZVorpal wrote:Someone explain why he is carrying carrots.

If you were at war against Americans, would you carry steak, potatoes, and/or apple pie?

You don't simply carry anything that is vaguely associated with your opponent, that makes no sense.

It's a bandoleer of carrots.
a Board of Circuits.. need no more explanation.

My wife woots too

wootdougwoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages wootdougwoot

Well ,It would appear that it's all about 'the Nam' look. The carrots look like m-60 bullets, get it?

Throw out some carrots so The rabbit will stop To eat them... That's why I Would carry them...

Has anyone seen my velociraptor?

DavidHart

quality posts: 12 Private Messages DavidHart

It looks like this turtle is shell shocked....

lichme

quality posts: 2658 Private Messages lichme

I've always wondered, wouldn't fast and steady win the race?

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester

Well, here's my best attempt at explaining why it makes sense to use carrots:

I was always under the impression that soldiers of the Vietnam and World War II era took war trophies from their enemies or had decorations meant to personalize their helmet.

It also draws parallels to photographs of helmets where the soldiers stuck bullets or playing cards in their helmets, similar to what you might see here:

and

In this case, I think the carrots are fitting. I mean, I can't think of a better way to bring down a rabbit/hare than with it's greatest weakness,can you?

moosabman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosabman
DavidHart wrote:It looks like this turtle is shell shocked....

HAHA nice one.

vladistov

quality posts: 50 Private Messages vladistov

I shouldn't need to do this; but the comments are compelling me:

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

For those who don't quite get it. Full Metal Jacket.

I'd throw in a few quotes but there's not much in that movie that will get past the forum word filters. The carrots resemble the bullets. And harken to the tortoise vs the hare thing.

xxtraprince

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xxtraprince

Man, I saw that old tin helmet, kind we used over there, and the memories came flooding back. Some of 'em I'd have left in the dim past, but that's OK....

theyatemypig

quality posts: 1 Private Messages theyatemypig

I love the vanquished rabbit count!

mick66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mick66

There are two reasons:
1. As others have stated , they resemble the bullets of the realistic pics others have already posted.
2. It's an homage. As phileoca stated. it's a bandolier of carrots. On Woot! that is a common term used for the much sought after dirt cheap grab bag of woot products that goes by the same initials. The bandolier of carrots appears on a few of the t-shirts that have been offered here.

blastermaster728

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blastermaster728

I REALLY like the art style, particularly the detail and creative use of the [6?] available colors, but at first glance, the shirt could be so confusing as to how it can be interpreted. You might want to consider, regardless of how you might interpret the awesome art, that it could also be seen as:

- Mere art saying that the turtle is continually beating rabbits at literal foot races
- A strange sort of reference to the Vietnam War... except with turtles and rabbits?
- Someone brandishing their sexual nature in a way that is only subtle until the viewer is given a little time to think about it and wonder if that's the reason the wearer bought the shirt. o_o

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

The eternal battle of tortoise vs hare. And yet when you see their kids hanging out together you know there's still hope for tomorrow.

Rabbits and cats on the other hand...

jearly0000

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jearly0000

I'd be pissed if I were this tortoise and you people kept calling me a turtle

Who ate the last mini chimichanga?!

smoberg

quality posts: 4 Private Messages smoberg

Awesome shirt for the range, or for training days.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I like the concept. I think the write up missed a blatant opportunity to mimic one of R. Lee Emery's classic rants.

Xenon481

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Xenon481

Bandolier. Of. Carrots.

ttsda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ttsda

Private Cowboy: Don't sh*t me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't sh*t you. You're my favorite turd!

melnsct

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melnsct

Why are the shirts with turtles and tortoises on them always green? I love turtle/tortoise shirts but I'm SICK of green shirts! How about black? Brown? Purple? Mauve? Anything but green, please!

ertolsma

quality posts: 13 Private Messages ertolsma

I think this shirt is trying to suggest something about the duality of man-tortoises

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMEViYvojtY

blzben

quality posts: 4 Private Messages blzben

Hilarious take on a Kubrick classic. Well done.

combatwombat42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages combatwombat42
blastermaster728 wrote:
- Someone brandishing their sexual nature in a way that is only subtle until the viewer is given a little time to think about it and wonder if that's the reason the wearer bought the shirt. o_o

I'm a 26 year old male so near the top of my assuming everything is sexual, and I don't see the sexual nature...at all.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris

No TMNT? No Tardis and the Hair? I'm impressed. As long as no one busts in with "OH MY GOD here are the images he traced" I say, yay for something new.

EDIT: And then I look through the rest of the posts and see the helmet is exactly like the FMJ poster.... ughhh disregard.

cirsh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cirsh
melnsct wrote:Why are the shirts with turtles and tortoises on them always green? I love turtle/tortoise shirts but I'm SICK of green shirts! How about black? Brown? Purple? Mauve? Anything but green, please!

It allows the artist a 7th color to the palate. For something like this you don't want anything too contrasting -- it would completely change the intended vibe.

jerroul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerroul

One last word on the B of Carrots, I have box turtles
and they love to eat carrots.

moosabman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosabman

Haha, no there is not supposed to be anything sexual about the design, but I do hope freaky stuff happens when people wear it. And yes I am glad it looks exactly like the FMJ helmet as that's the entire point of the design >D

Thanks for the support guys!

melnsct

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melnsct
cirsh wrote:It allows the artist a 7th color to the palate. For something like this you don't want anything too contrasting -- it would completely change the intended vibe.

Well, I'm not buying it because it is green. I already have every other green turtle shirt. Anyway, this one should have been brown.

paulmd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paulmd

This is a fantastic shirt. Tempted to buy a Woot shirt after a very long time. Well done!

ndg18827

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ndg18827

(Shell) Shocked that so many people did not get the Full Metal Jacket reference right off the bat.

thumperchick

quality posts: 233 Private Messages thumperchick
combatwombat42 wrote:I'm a 26 year old male so near the top of my assuming everything is sexual, and I don't see the sexual nature...at all.

After over-analyzing their statement:

blastermaster728 wrote:

I have come to the guessclusion that they mean the crossed out bunnies and carrots collected are referring to 'notches in ones belt' or conquests. It's really reaching, but that's the only think I can even possibly see that could, maybe, if you squint really hard, think is sexual about this shirt.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 42.447s
First Sucker: phoenikz
Last Wooter to Woot: bendb
Last Purchase: 4 minutes ago

First day sales 722
First day posts 33

kellyaley

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kellyaley

Re sexual nature: slow and steady, get it?