WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Summertime, and the designing's easy... Take a load off, kick up your heels, and enjoy an ice-cold lemonade/iced tea/famous golfer, because it's time to give old Honorable Mentions another shot. 

Designers: if you've opted out of including your design in the Double-Take Derby, or sold/submitted your Honorable Mention design somewhere else, email us at shirt@woot.com by noon (central) tomorrow and let us know. Any design found submitted for voting on another site, sold on another site, or for sale on another site will not be eligible for the Double-Take Derby and will be removed from consideration. Because we're jealous like that. 

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

I will appreciate this relaxing time!:D:D

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris

Awesome. First time in a while that I've got a few entries for a Double Take.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc

Hints on next week's Derby theme???

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
lyonscc wrote:Hints on next week's Derby theme???

Please please please....

Nothing follows.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates

Oh yes, please a sneak peak of the next derby would be most delightful!

My HM is thus,

I think it rings true for many...

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

you know what? the others are right. It would be great to know the next derby so we can have two weeks to design instead of one. I'm always busy so I usually don't have time to finish my entries or worse... i enter them unfinished.

we would get a lot more great quality designs if we had two weeks. So please tell us the next derby or at least a good hint

CrescentDebris

Derby 311: 311? Alternative rock? Boulders? Pebbles? Bamm-Bamm? Boom-Boom? Mario!

phox325

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phox325
CrescentDebris wrote:Derby 311: 311? Alternative rock? Boulders? Pebbles? Bamm-Bamm? Boom-Boom? Mario!

Please - it would be great to have more than an evening to work on a design!!!

Please vote for Cookies!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Open theme, it just has to be on the back (no two-sided prints). No color restrictions (unless a tee-shirt goblin steals a particular color during the week). Keep "similar shirts exist" in mind. If you're going to do a rocket-pack tee, make sure it's distinctive enough that it's your take on a rocket-pack tee.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
tgentry wrote:

Open theme, it just has to be on the back (no two-sided prints). No color restrictions (unless a tee-shirt goblin steals a particular color during the week).

I'd say I've got a couple ideas

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets

Thanks Travis!

Nothing follows.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
tgentry wrote:

Open theme, it just has to be on the back (no two-sided prints). No color restrictions (unless a tee-shirt goblin steals a particular color during the week). Keep "similar shirts exist" in mind. If you're going to do a rocket-pack tee, make sure it's distinctive enough that it's your take on a rocket-pack tee.

Ooooohhh! This is going to be fun! Thanks, Travis.

benjaminleebates

Epic Delivery! LOL

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Is there a woot-blessed template for the back of the shirt? The couple of times I've submitted back-of-the-shirt designs (even as early as Derby 13), I made my own and I don't have one for the current shirt colors.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
CrescentDebris wrote:Derby 311: 311? Alternative rock? Boulders? Pebbles? Bamm-Bamm? Boom-Boom? Mario!

Mario on the back! Done! :P

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl

Finally recovered from being sick for a little over a month and now there's no theme this week...BUT! at least I have 3 or 4 designs in the double take.

tgentry

Staff

SkekTek wrote:Is there a woot-blessed template for the back of the shirt? The couple of times I've submitted back-of-the-shirt designs (even as early as Derby 13), I made my own and I don't have one for the current shirt colors.

I'll see about getting one of ours up in the next day or two. You'll have to figure something out for the photo templates.

marceepauff

quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff

Man, finally decided to start participating in the derbies and now I need to wait two whole weeks to play again!? *sobs uncontrollably*

benjaminleebates

marceepauff wrote:Man, finally decided to start participating in the derbies and now I need to wait two whole weeks to play again!? *sobs uncontrollably*

That's good for a newcomer, more time to create an epic entry!

marceepauff

Are you always a silver-lining kind of guy?

'Cause :P

benjaminleebates wrote:That's good for a newcomer, more time to create an epic entry!

benjaminleebates

marceepauff wrote:Are you always a silver-lining kind of guy?

'Cause :P

Yup, that's me. I'm the most optimistic pessimist you'll ever meet! I'd call it a silver-lined realist. I fully expect the worst, with extreme hope for the best. That way, I'm never really surprised.

CrescentDebris

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Mario on the back! Done! :P

I'd expect nothing less. Don't forget the chewy navi tardis. Let's clog up that fog!

CrescentDebris

Sounds good, but I think leaving it wide open to anything is just asking for more of the same stuff. There will be a few that spend that time to make something really amazing, but I think most will just make the same stuff they normally would, but just more of it. An entire week to create something really unique is great but motivation is low when you know tried-and-true will be waiting to bury you. Painstaking detail and creativity beating out by "Bigger on the backside"

marceepauff

CrescentDebris wrote:"Bigger on the backside"

Hey! That's brilliant! Mind if I use it?!

Listen, don't worry. I'm here now and I don't do Mario or cats or any version of Darth Vader. And I'm going to make my way to print if it kills me! ;) Besides, fog or not, doesn't woot still do Editors' Picks and/or honorable mentions?

writermist

tgentry wrote:

THANK YOU XD

writermist

CrescentDebris wrote:Sounds good, but I think leaving it wide open to anything is just asking for more of the same stuff. There will be a few that spend that time to make something really amazing, but I think most will just make the same stuff they normally would, but just more of it. An entire week to create something really unique is great but motivation is low when you know tried-and-true will be waiting to bury you. Painstaking detail and creativity beating out by "Bigger on the backside"

Just because they left it open doesn't mean they will allow EVERYTHING! I bet when the next derby is up... it's goona say a few NOs. That's why I'm gonna work on a few originals and only one ref

tbolt86

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbolt86
tgentry wrote:I'll see about getting one of ours up in the next day or two. You'll have to figure something out for the photo templates.

Has the back-of-the shirt template been posted yet? Where would I look for it?

tgentry

Staff

tbolt86 wrote:Has the back-of-the shirt template been posted yet? Where would I look for it?

We'll post with the derby announcement too...

PSD Back Template

AI Back Template

eswart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eswart
tgentry wrote:We'll post with the derby announcement too...

PSD Back Template

AI Back Template

The template won't work with older versions of Illustrator. If I try to open it anyway, it just says over and over that it was saved without PDF content. :-/

garystargazer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garystargazer

tgentry

Staff

eswart wrote:The template won't work with older versions of Illustrator. If I try to open it anyway, it just says over and over that it was saved without PDF content. :-/

I'll try to get a new one up sometime tonight. You should be able to design in the meantime... the max print size is the same as for the front.

eswart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eswart
tgentry wrote:I'll try to get a new one up sometime tonight. You should be able to design in the meantime... the max print size is the same as for the front.

Sorry and thanks!

tgentry

Staff

eswart wrote:Sorry and thanks!

Give this one a shot.