WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We're going to come original with Derby #311 (anyone? 90s kids?) and blow some freakin' minds: These designs will go on the back of the shirt. KABLAM. These can be anything -- sport jerseys, nouveau "kick me" signs, or just some funky fresh designs -- they're just printed on the dorsal side. 

These require special templates, so grab the PSD version here or the AI version here

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Don't worry woot, I'm down

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

More appropriate for the 4th...

The last cassette tape I ever owned.

haxrox

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haxrox

How about some PDF formatted love for those of us too cheap for Adobe products? ;)

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Back only? With the fronts fully blank? Or are you looking for designs with a back focus but can have at least ~something~ on the front? A fully blank t-shirt front sounds realllllly NeXT.

Of course, I kind of am a bad target for a back design since my hair almost completely covers the design area. No one would even see it.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

Is this likely to get rejected?

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants
haxrox wrote:How about some PDF formatted love for those of us too cheap for Adobe products? ;)

Get your PDF love here.
It's adapted from woot's front template so hopefully it suits your cheap purposes.

thevikingartist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevikingartist
TobiasAmaranth wrote:
Of course, I kind of am a bad target for a back design since my hair almost completely covers the design area. No one would even see it.

"If you can read this... stop touching my hair!"

gonenlisalih

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gonenlisalih

It didn't mentioned "no pop culture references", so I drew this called "Turn Back". Hope it's okay for this week's derby. ;)
(from DW's Turn Left episode : Time Beetle...)

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates

Here's a sneak peek of mine, I've got a couple more up my sleeve as well, let me know what y'all think!

marceepauff

quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff

Woohoo! I'm ready!

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc

I'm just happy these past 2 weeks are over...what a snooze

numchux9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numchux9000

Derby #311: Attack of the Puppet Accounts

marceepauff

Is it wrong that it irks me that many of the top scoring designs don't need to be on the BACK of the shirt? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the contest? Save those designs (which are pretty awesome, by the way) for another derby or submit them to the daily but they certainly shouldn't win this one.

baqui63

quality posts: 8 Private Messages baqui63
marceepauff wrote:Is it wrong that it irks me that many of the top scoring designs don't need to be on the BACK of the shirt? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the contest? Save those designs (which are pretty awesome, by the way) for another derby or submit them to the daily but they certainly shouldn't win this one.

I agree completely. (I also think this is my first comment on a derby forum, so maybe it matters not...)

scottneumyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottneumyer
marceepauff wrote:Is it wrong that it irks me that many of the top scoring designs don't need to be on the BACK of the shirt? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the contest? Save those designs (which are pretty awesome, by the way) for another derby or submit them to the daily but they certainly shouldn't win this one.

COMPLETELY agree

oakenspirit

quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit

Man- been out of town and was going to try and rush a design in tonight or tomorrow... Don't see the point. Too many AWESOME designs already in. Well done guys!

/sniffle... this is my first week not submitting since I started!

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

Once again... the fog is full of text.

I'm surprised I don't see any amazing designs considering the fact we had two weeks this time.

well the koala is nice.

kevlar51

quality posts: 47 Private Messages kevlar51
writermist wrote:Once again... the fog is full of text.

I'm surprised I don't see any amazing designs considering the fact we had two weeks this time.

well the koala is nice.

I suspect the bulk of them are submitted by the same person under multiple accounts, with the same votes.

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
kevlar51 wrote:I suspect the bulk of them are submitted by the same person under multiple accounts, with the same votes.

Interesting.... even the same skipped derbies...

Nothing follows.

marceepauff

I just started participating in and following the goings on of the derby and it seems obvious to me there's something shady going on with regard to the voting. Not to diminish the sheer talent here, because there is plainly a lot of it, but there are an unfortunate number of shirts that continue to remain in the top votes that lack creativity, that don't even necessarily belong on the *back* of a shirt and that still, 60+ votes and counting, have zero comments...what are the odds of that? So while this is a really fun outlet for creativity and a great way to participate in the woot community, I don't know how so many artists have put up with it as long as they have. Seems like it would be obscenely frustrating week after week. Any insight would be welcome.

waytogo2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages waytogo2

Obligatory designs checklist:
Zelda: check
Ninja Turtles: check
Star Wars: check
Dr. Who: check
Mario Bros: check
Bacon: check
Ninja: check
Cats: ... wait a second there must be at least one cat shirt here somewhere... (MIND BLOWN!)

waytogo2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages waytogo2
waytogo2 wrote:Obligatory designs checklist:
Zelda: check
Ninja Turtles: check
Star Wars: check
Dr. Who: check
Mario Bros: check
Bacon: check
Ninja: check
Cats: ... wait a second there must be at least one cat shirt here somewhere... (MIND BLOWN!)

Don't worry! I found the cat design. All is right with woot! http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/72520/cat-call

marceepauff

waytogo2 wrote:Don't worry! I found the cat design. All is right with woot! http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/72520/cat-call

Ha! Phew! Close one.

writermist

My entry is getting pretty high but how do I give woot my template?

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer
writermist wrote:My entry is getting pretty high but how do I give woot my template?

Send your print ready artwork (your psd file with each color on its own layer) to derby@woot.com. The woot monkeys will handle it from there.

writermist

tjschaeffer wrote:Send your print ready artwork (your psd file with each color on its own layer) to derby@woot.com. The woot monkeys will handle it from there.

thank you