77%
5%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe

Does Judas Cat get paid in thirty pieces of catnip?

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Kitties and The Last Supprrrrr! Sweet! The fact that it's also a Walmazan! Guaranteed purchase!

bigpauly85

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bigpauly85

This shirt is so cutesy and cuddly and kitteny that it's almost vomit-inducingy.

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

C'mon people these shirts are getting lamer every day.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

A little artistic license there with kitty under the table and lounging in front. But still immediately recognizable.

Awww, woot writers. You guys took all the puns. *pouts* Now anything clever I come up with will just look like I'm copying.

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

They can haz cheezburger?

FlyingMouse365

quality posts: 5 Private Messages FlyingMouse365

Cute. Congrat!

dfunk29

quality posts: 47 Private Messages dfunk29

I love the cat licking the other cat. I especially love the lickee's face!

lonelypond

quality posts: 416 Private Messages lonelypond
lichme wrote:They can haz cheezburger?

Just this once ; )

Vote:

rocknrod77th

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rocknrod77th

The last supprrr....really? I think "Woot" should be ashamed of itself for portraying a bunch of cats to the 'The Last Supper'... It's quite pitiful and I'm offended by this!!!

Lt. Dan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lt. Dan

This is in bad taste. Does anyone really think a shirt even playfully poking fun at a major tenet of Islam or Judaism would be allowed? As a Catholic Christian I can take a respectful joke about my faith, but I can't help but think that if something similar was attempted with another faith, it wouldn't have been for sale here. Who thinks that if Muhammad was depicted here as an animal, even with the most innocent of intentions, that Woot would even consider it? Not looking for special treatment, just equal.

jjblue4567

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjblue4567

I'm with rocknrod77th and Lt. Dan on this one. The shirt is inappropriate and offensive. I'm a cat lover, and I appreciate cute cat pics, but this has crossed way over the line for me. Why would you even consider selling it when it makes fun of and trivializes something so sacred in the Christian faith?

outofmymind

quality posts: 0 Private Messages outofmymind

How about people in the world stop getting offended by every little thing that they can find.

Stop living life trying to find something to get mad about.

Lt. Dan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lt. Dan
outofmymind wrote:How about people in the world stop getting offended by every little thing that they can find.

Any who call themselves Christian should by definition take issue with a design sold here that at least pokes fun at, and at worst outright mocks the Last Supper. It's hardly "getting offended by every little thing they can find" when its concerning a core tenet of the worldview of over a billion people.

Perhaps you could think beyond your own worldview for a minute and imagine why so many would find this offensive....

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 215 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Great prrrody of a classic painting. Well done, Walmazan.

:^)

Hellebus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hellebus

Lt.Dan, you really need to develop a sense of humor and swallow a bottle of chill pills. Parodies of the last supper have been done for years...

http://www.bitrebels.com/design/the-last-supper-17-of-the-best-parody-illustrations/

And every single time, some radical Christian is offended over a joke. It's hilarious and well done.

I'm actually more offended that you're on the internet posting about your sensitive feelings and lack of humor instead of being in church, reading the bible or preaching scripture.

Lt. Dan wrote:Any who call themselves Christian should by definition take issue with a design sold here that at least pokes fun at, and at worst outright mocks the Last Supper. It's hardly "getting offended by every little thing they can find" when its concerning a core tenet of the worldview of over a billion people.

Perhaps you could think beyond your own worldview for a minute and imagine why so many would find this offensive....

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer

Perhaps a little context would help to quell the controversy. The theme of the Derby #305, the derby for which this shirt was entered, was Inspired by da Vinci.
So the shirt is designed to resemble da Vinci's painting, not to mock a major world religion.
To my knowledge, Woot has not yet sponsored a derby mocking major world religions.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

Two thumbs down on this one and I'm not some overly sensitive religious person by a long shot.

maskddingo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskddingo

I'm not religious by any stretch of the word. However, I am aware enough about the rest of the world to know that there are a lot of people that will be HIGHLY offended by this shirt.

charwoman

quality posts: 9 Private Messages charwoman

I think the drawing is kind of cute (yes, I love cats) and I feel that parodies of DaVinci's The Last Supper are fine so long as they're done well, but I didn't think this was quite good/cute/funny enough to 'make up for' the potentially controversial subject matter. Also, I don't look good in gray so I have to pass. I wondered why it was so monocrhome actually.

maskddingo

EwingKlipspringer wrote:Perhaps a little context would help to quell the controversy. The theme of the Derby #305, the derby for which this shirt was entered, was Inspired by da Vinci.
So the shirt is designed to resemble da Vinci's painting, not to mock a major world religion.
To my knowledge, Woot has not yet sponsored a derby mocking major world religions.

the intent was da vinci, but the result was mocking a religion. Therefore it should have been rejected. Whats the big deal? If someone is offended by somethig... be a courtious human and stop doing it rather than try to convince them they are wrong for getting offended. Doing so just makes you a jerk. World needs less jerks.

maskddingo

outofmymind wrote:How about people in the world stop getting offended by every little thing that they can find.

How about self-centered rubes realize they aren't the only people in the world and stop telling others what should and should not offend them? Sound like a good idea?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats, Wences!

patrickgryan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages patrickgryan

Nothing more than a desparate attempt at getting attention by the "artist".

When lacking talent, many artists go the controversial route simply for the notoriety.

The fact that Woot! continues to promote this crap says more about them as a company than anything else. (Iwo Jima shirt)

This shirt exceeds my provocative limit by a lot and I'm no prude or religious zealot.

wkmtca

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wkmtca
maskddingo wrote:I'm not religious by any stretch of the word. However, I am aware enough about the rest of the world to know that there are a lot of people that will be HIGHLY offended by this shirt.

you know what offends me, world hunger, denial of climate change, corporate greed,denial of basic human rights, a cartoon picture of kittens.. not so much.

kimiye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimiye

Well, I figure, if I don't wear this shirt, I can continue my long streak of not getting beaten up by offended Christians. Win!

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Congrats Wences!

Count me as not offended.

Nothing follows.

sterhill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sterhill
Lt. Dan wrote:This is in bad taste. Does anyone really think a shirt even playfully poking fun at a major tenet of Islam or Judaism would be allowed? As a Catholic Christian I can take a respectful joke about my faith, but I can't help but think that if something similar was attempted with another faith, it wouldn't have been for sale here. Who thinks that if Muhammad was depicted here as an animal, even with the most innocent of intentions, that Woot would even consider it? Not looking for special treatment, just equal.

well said and I totally agree - I find this offensive!

kbsig106

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kbsig106

I either like a woot shirt design or don't - no emotion, just yay or nay.

However, this shirt I find offensive.

But to each their own free will.

renebee73

quality posts: 3 Private Messages renebee73

I was actually hoping this shirt would come up as an editor's choice after the da Vinci contest. The cats look very kind--I, too, like the one licking the other. Speaking as someone from a Jud-Christian background, I'm not offended. It's sweet and makes me smile. Congratulations on another great shirt!

wyk3d

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wyk3d

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you" Matthew 5:44

....unless its an adorable cat shirt must be in the fine print somewhere I guess. Lighten up people geez.

geddygirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geddygirl
wyk3d wrote:"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you" Matthew 5:44

....unless its an adorable cat shirt must be in the fine print somewhere I guess. Lighten up people geez.

+1

zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz

Only one cheezburger to feed all those cats - that will take another miracle.

dave17

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dave17
kuma99 wrote:C'mon people these shirts are getting lamer every day.

Sadly I guess the days when there were 5-6 must-buy shirts a month are gone for good.Now it's maybe 4 per year.Anyone have an idea where all the designers went when they left?I'd love to find them again.

denwho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages denwho

No more CATS. Just mho.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Oooh oooh ooh, I wonder who today's Offended Party will be?

This is what happens when you piss off and drive away your awesome community, Woot. These clowns are now the posting majority.

HOW DARE YOU OFFEND THE LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST WITH YOUR ADORABLE KITTENS!!!!!1111

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

kaltheo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaltheo

Everyone complaining this is offensive needs a CAT scan. In for 2 just to snub them.

emmaekay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emmaekay

I don't see anything offensive about this. Now, the zombie recreation of The Last Supper where they're eating the body of Christ? That's pretty offensive. This is an homage, an innocent parody that injures none and doesn't portray Christianity or Christ in a negative way. It's just some cats, ya'll.

For the record, I was raised Catholic, abstained from religion for several years and am now a practicing Buddhist. For those that asked "if this was Muhammad..." I have a question for you: if this t-shirt had a fat cat in a robe, sitting in the lotus pose, would you be so riled up about my religion being mocked? Buddhism is the 4th largest religion in the world, but our symbolism and imagery are used and parodied constantly. The difference is... most of us couldn't care less. I have never met a fellow Buddhist offended by the Hello Kitty Buddha, the thousands of nonpracticing people who have Ohm tattooed on their back or the dozens of other bastardizations of our religion.

This shirt design is a parody of one of the most famous paintings in the world. There are many parodies of this painting, along with the Cistine Chapel paintings and tons of other Christian relics. These images are part of our culture as a whole, not just your religion, and are thus subject to critique and parody - like any other widely referenced or recognized imagery in our culture.

TL;DR: get over it, your religion is not special and you need to take yourselves a little less seriously.

shib0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shib0

Imagine, you're an artist. Your design gets picked to be featured on a shirt, on a famous site. You're very excited, you tell all of your friends, and you look at your comments page. Will people comment on your art? Will they offer praise to you for your hard work and innovation? Or will they cry about the shirt company or feel the need to tell everyone how offended they are? Oh noes, cats! Oh noes, flags! Here's a great idea. Don't like the shirt? Go visit another website and stop raining on everyone else's parade. Nobody cares why you don't like it.