WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

We had it all in the '80s: Reaganomics, The Falklands Conflict, umm... Mr. Mister? Frankly it was a bit of a cultural wasteland, but not one without its redeeming qualities! Give us your best designs celebrating (or lamenting) "The Permed Decade." 

No cats, Star Wars, Mario, Legend of Zelda, Back to the Future, Doctor Who, or Murder She Wrote

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

No Murder She Wrote? Has that one been played out?

Cosby Show sweaters, please.

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima

I can't believe you included Murder, She Wrote. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't just been watching it on Netflix. I'll save Cabot Cove for another day....

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer

No Murder She Wrote?
Great. There go my first three ideas...

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

Wow... They even took out cats and Doctor Who.

Good for you woot.
Make the derbies harder.

*owns many cat shirts thou*

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

This'll be a good one.

johndm83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johndm83

This shall be interesting, what with the restrictions and all. It should hopefully mean more original ideas and weird adaptations.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

You know it's a great theme when you slept less than 3 hours last night and will probably sleep just 3 more tonight, but you are extremely excited to get to your house and start designing

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
omarfeliciano wrote:You know it's a great theme when you slept less than 3 hours last night and will probably sleep just 3 more tonight, but you are extremely excited to get to your house and start designing

You either have a very demanding job--or a great social life.

omarfeliciano

EwingKlipspringer wrote:You either have a very demanding job--or a great social life.

Actually, in this case, both ;) I has bar hopping last night and I work from 9-6. I normally get home by 8:30. So I will probably start at 9:30 and finish about 2:30

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

So. Many. Ideas. *head explodes*

For sale: $12/Free Shipping

jessisima

Here's a quick sketch of an idea I had. I'm not really sure where I am going with it, but I'm having a hard time coming up with something so its worth a shot. Any/all comments are welcome.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 75 Private Messages oakenspirit
jessisima wrote:Here's a quick sketch of an idea I had. I'm not really sure where I am going with it, but I'm having a hard time coming up with something so its worth a shot. Any/all comments are welcome.

Very cool! Love the feel of it- captures my 80's nicely-just be careful with the boxyness

jessisima

oakenspirit wrote:Very cool! Love the feel of it- captures my 80's nicely-just be careful with the boxyness

Yeah, if I move forward with it I will have to decide how to make the halftone dots work without making them into a rectangle in the middle of the shirt. Thanks for the feedback. Its helpful to hear whether people think certain designs are worth pursuing. I might give this one a shot.

shaggster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shaggster

yay! no cats!

lichme

quality posts: 2744 Private Messages lichme

So hard thinking of stuff. Here is what I am looking at thus far:

cfdunbar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cfdunbar
lichme wrote:So hard thinking of stuff. Here is what I am looking at thus far:

HA! Love nerds and this design, this is great.

cfdunbar

Managed to finish two entries, you can see partials in my signature below. Now to bed for some MUCH needed sleep time.

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish

This is gonna be my first derby, and I'm pretty excited! Hope you guys like my designs, I'm gonna try to do 3 if there's time.

omarfeliciano

sonofafish wrote:This is gonna be my first derby, and I'm pretty excited! Hope you guys like my designs, I'm gonna try to do 3 if there's time.

Welcome and good luck!

cfdunbar

sonofafish wrote:This is gonna be my first derby, and I'm pretty excited! Hope you guys like my designs, I'm gonna try to do 3 if there's time.

Welcome to the Derby! 3 is a tall order I'm looking forward to seeing your entries. BTW I love your screen name, I'm sure I'll be shouting "Son of a FISH" all day now.

sonofafish

cfdunbar wrote:Welcome to the Derby! 3 is a tall order I'm looking forward to seeing your entries. BTW I love your screen name, I'm sure I'll be shouting "Son of a FISH" all day now.

Danke! I'm already almost done with one, but that 6 color max is a Sour Patch. Definitely gonna have to use the shirt for a 7th, at least on this design.

kevlar51

quality posts: 45 Private Messages kevlar51

Welcome!

sonofafish

So I submitted my first design! YEAH! S'right here: http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/72628/cold-legs-no-problem
SO... how do you all get those nice snazzy "vote for this" buttons in your sigs? Me wanty. Thanks y'all!

krittikae

quality posts: 20 Private Messages krittikae

This is going to be rough - there's already 5 shirts I'd love to buy. Good luck and great job!

sonofafish

thought i had 3 in me, but man, this is rough! i think 2's not bad for my first outing though, eh?

sonofafish

sonofafish wrote:thought i had 3 in me, but man, this is rough! i think 2's not bad for my first outing though, eh?

Never mind! 3 not-so-great designs, done-zo! Now maybe some sleep this week. First derby!