WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: ART BRAWL, ROUND 2: Picasso vs. Dali
  • 39.6% - Picasso 321
  • 42.7% - Dali 346
  • 17.7% - Not a fan of either 143
810 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

lonelypond

quality posts: 421 Private Messages lonelypond

Dorm wall poster: the artsy year

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

If you pic Picasso, you're an asso.

waterresistant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waterresistant

I bet most people picked Picasso because they've heard of him.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

waterresistant wrote:I bet most people picked Picasso because they've heard of him.

Oh, come on. Dali is just as damned ubiquitous so go right ahead and uncurl that lip. Both artists appeal equally to the "I just took Art History 101 and now I'm gonna teach you about art, you ignorant philistines" demographic. They're both iconic for very good reasons, so there's no need to sneer at either preference.

chocoboomelette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chocoboomelette

Love both of their works. This was a tough choice.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Happy birthday shirt.woot

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

dymongoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dymongoose
goldenthorn wrote:Oh, come on. Dali is just as damned ubiquitous so go right ahead and uncurl that lip. Both artists appeal equally to the "I just took Art History 101 and now I'm gonna teach you about art, you ignorant philistines" demographic. They're both iconic for very good reasons, so there's no need to sneer at either preference.

I disagree. Even if you haven't taken Art History 101, you've still heard the name Picasso - I learned about him in the 3rd grade. You don't find the name Dali until you start to look for it (intentionally or otherwise).

ajleake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajleake

Picasso is part of the 3rd grade curriculum here as well, but I think that's just because it's a lot easier for a 9 year old to imitate a Picasso than a Dali! Oddly enough, today I am wearing the Picasso pendant my 9 year old made this year.

dnlkolender

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dnlkolender

Dali-llama xD

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Well hello, Dali.