WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: ART BRAWL, ROUND 3: The Far Side vs. Calvin & Hobbes
  • 46.2% - The Far Side 380
  • 46.8% - Calvin & Hobbes 385
  • 7% - Not a fan of either 58
823 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

gholt121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gholt121

Fan of both! <--Should've been a poll option!!!!!!

Proud Woot!er since 2005.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

How can you not be a fan of at least one of them? o_O

jediokie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jediokie
gholt121 wrote:Fan of both! <--Should've been a poll option!!!!!!

There are no winners when you have to choose between these two.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

They are the best comic strips ever written. And I imagine I might prefer The Far Side at this point. But Calvin & Hobbes is the childhood I both never had and will always have.

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

It is a well known fact that Calvin and Hobbes was printed in papers published on American Apparel blanks.

While The Far Side was printed in papers published on Central American manufactured blanks.

Based on feel and fit alone Calvin and Hobbes has to win this one. Not to mention this single comic: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Te34eI0SDtA/UJ_uqjOgw9I/AAAAAAAAFSM/YFeLYb1JOKE/s1600/Calvin%2Band%2BHobbes%2B-%2BMustard%2B-%2Bvertical.jpg

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138
ChronoSquall14 wrote:They are the best comic strips ever written. And I imagine I might prefer The Far Side at this point. But Calvin & Hobbes is the childhood I both never had and will always have.

+1

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer

And here's something else: they both knew when to say when. They both retired more or less at the top of their game. So neither strip became some tired old hackneyed Garfield. And neither one of them, Larson and Watterson, was a complete sell-out, like Charles Schultz and whoever it is that continues to fart out Garfield.

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets

Nothing follows.

Pamini

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Pamini

Man, I really love both strips. Trying to choose is impossible!

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

+1

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138
EwingKlipspringer wrote:whoever it is that continues to fart out Garfield.

tee hee

torturegarden

quality posts: 4 Private Messages torturegarden

These are my two favorite comic strips of all time. Too hard to choose just one of them, but I picked Far side in a coin toss.

tonytheeuroazn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tonytheeuroazn

fact.

lclement4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lclement4

My two favorite comic strips of ALL TIME.

bluejester

quality posts: 564 Private Messages bluejester

Nooo! Why must I choose only one Woot? It's like trying to pick which child to save and which one to throw to a pack of ravenous armadillos!

Curse you! But if I must decide, I choose to save Timmy--I mean, Far Side is my preferred comic.