WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Remember college? Neither do we, but presumably some important events happened that changed the way we looked at the world. This week we're on the hunt for the design that perfectly encapsulates those four (or five, or eight) years. Maybe it's a college athletic slogan, or something to hang on your dorm room doorknob to let everyone know you're remaining chaste. Have fun, and remember to fill out your FAFSA.

No drug references or text-only designs

tbolt86

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tbolt86

Is alcohol a drug reference?

What about glow-in-the-dark ink?

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
tbolt86 wrote:Is alcohol a drug reference?

I belive that GITD and Metallic inks are only allowed when specifically called out as such in the write up

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
tbolt86 wrote:Is alcohol a drug reference?

If alcohol is not allowed, then s#it just got real.

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer

Okay. Here's what I've come up with.
It's a college shirt for the least polite school out there, one of those schools in the Poison Ivy League.

I've never posted a design early (I'm usually more of a last minute--or several hours after the last minute--type of person), but I just happen to have this well enough along to post early.

Suggestions would be appreciated.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick

Does the no drug references rule also cover prescription drugs? I'm sure someone will try to sneak little adderall past the rejectionator...

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit

I'm hoping this is more about what the write-up says and less about pop culture college shows/movies/etc ... I don't know if my idea can compete with THE COMMUNITY REFERENCE shirt...

tomspc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomspc
EwingKlipspringer wrote:Okay. Here's what I've come up with.
It's a college shirt for the least polite school out there, one of those schools in the Poison Ivy League.

I've never posted a design early (I'm usually more of a last minute--or several hours after the last minute--type of person), but I just happen to have this well enough along to post early.

I love it

marceepauff

quality posts: 18 Private Messages marceepauff

It's somewhat different, but the concept already exists. See #3. http://www.collegehappenings.com/everyday-life/10-really-funny-college-t-shirts/

oakenspirit

Is this worth cleaning up and pursuing? ;)

marceepauff

oakenspirit wrote:Is this worth cleaning up and pursuing? ;)]

Yes! Absolutely!

And how does the peanut gallery feel about this?

oakenspirit

marceepauff wrote:Yes! Absolutely!

\m/ I see it's gonna be another solid week for you.

marceepauff

oakenspirit wrote:\m/ I see it's gonna be another solid week for you.

Thank you! Not sure about the wording though. "Math. Older than frats." Or "Greek letters. Geeks used them first."

originaljoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages originaljoe

Trying to make a design referencing the French revolution slogan. That's how starved I am for ideas.

oakenspirit

marceepauff wrote:Thank you! Not sure about the wording though. "Math. Older than frats." Or "Greek letters. Geeks used them first."

I'd say "OLDER THAN FRATS"- you already have the geek-greek parallel covered.

lichme

quality posts: 3205 Private Messages lichme

Looking for some opinions

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com
Woot Tracker | Woot Plus Tracker | Droid App | Chat | Contests | T-Shirt Trade | Derby Stats

Warning: Too much awesome to be contained in such a small space

jatharney

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jatharney

Working on an idea. Did you know the average college student changes his/her major three times?
Any good? Keep in mind this is my first draft.

jatharney

marceepauff wrote:Yes! Absolutely!

The only problem with this is that my brain keeps reading it as "older than farts", not frats.

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink

So pop-culture mash-ups and references are cool for this derby?
Just asking before I dive into my next derby design.

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
jatharney wrote:The only problem with this is that my brain keeps reading it as "older than farts", not frats.

Sadly, it's not just you.

officeink

quality posts: 3 Private Messages officeink
jatharney wrote:The only problem with this is that my brain keeps reading it as "older than farts", not frats.

Same with me...Wasn't until you pointed it out that I realized it didn't say farts. lol

lonelypond

quality posts: 463 Private Messages lonelypond

Nekkochan wrote:Sadly, it's not just you.

Nope, it's really not just you.

May get you more votes ; )

Merry Christmas shirtwoot!

marceepauff

I saw that too. How about "Math. Older than your fraternity." ?

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 8 Private Messages benjaminleebates

I get it and yet I don't. See the Fudge Underneath means Shut the Fraq Up.
STFD would mean Shut the Front Door. The incongruity bothers me, but then, there could be an inside joke and I am ignorant of it...

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
lonelypond wrote:Nope, it's really not just you.

May get you more votes ; )

Oh I thought older than farts was meant to be the joke... I knew it said Frats but ....

penelopeomega

quality posts: 0 Private Messages penelopeomega
jatharney wrote:Working on an idea. Did you know the average college student changes his/her major three times?
Any good? Keep in mind this is my first draft.

I think this would be much funnier if it started the way it really usually start. I know so many people who started out pre-med (or biology, chemistry, physics), dropped to psych, then liberal arts, then art.

jatharney

penelopeomega wrote:I think this would be much funnier if it started the way it really usually start. I know so many people who started out pre-med (or biology, chemistry, physics), dropped to psych, then liberal arts, then art.

I'm still playing around with the majors. I'm not committed to them. I actually was going to start with Pre-Med or Business. I picked Psych and Education because they are two of the top ten most popular majors and also, coincidentally, the majors I started and finished with. I also liked that Education had a recognizable writing style.

How about the Art doodles? Any suggestions as to subjects that should be addressed? I just did some random images late last night. That's why the cat is there. Not particularly collegiate, but I tend to draw cats when I doodle.

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish

man, derbies are brutal. i think i may have to stop entering for awhile if i can't break 30 votes this time. or pander harder.

writermist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages writermist

Which color is better?

I entered the black but grey seems nice too

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
sonofafish wrote:man, derbies are brutal. i think i may have to stop entering for awhile if i can't break 30 votes this time. or pander harder.

Pander harder.

Nothing follows.

waytogo2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages waytogo2

Obligatory shirt.woot design check:
Ninja Turtles? Check.
Star Wars? (Many times) Check.
Dr. Who? (Specifically the stupid police box) Check.
Mario Bros? Check.
Cat? Check.
Zelda? Check.
Zombies? Check.
Star Trek? Check.
Ninja? Check.
Bacon? ERR MAH GERD! ITS MISSSSSSSIIIIIIIIING