WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you care about this royal baby situation?
  • 11.9% - Yes, I'm captivated 115
  • 60.1% - No, it seems overblown 582
  • 28.1% - What's a royal baby? 272
969 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

curtisuxor

quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

What makes a baby royal? The Gooberss who subject themselves to a monarch.

They are doing literally what every parent has done before them. This baby is just as special as yours.

chunkcherry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkcherry

chrixie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chrixie

DarthTagnan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DarthTagnan

I've got a pool going on for the name. Yeah, this kid means something to me. Like $50 if he's named George.

hoomgar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoomgar

I live in the USA. This is the type of thing we came here to get away from. We do not have royalty nor do we recognise it. Lest we forget!

Plus, it isn't even our news! The media is trying to make sheep out of us. Don't play into it.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 31 Private Messages daveinwarshington
DarthTagnan wrote:I've got a pool going on for the name. Yeah, this kid means something to me. Like $50 if he's named George.

I'm in for Darth.

The UK is a good friend of the US. This whole thing is a boost of moral and pride for them. I'm happy for that.

p.s. I'm over the hard feelings of the revolutionary war, and ready to move on...

dreamofcaramel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dreamofcaramel

No matter what they name it, it'll still be a werewolf. Dr Who says so ;)

lanni260

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lanni260

I'm glad for them over in the UK if it makes them happy, but honestly I could not give hoot less about the whole situation. I also have a hard time understanding why the media, and what seems to be throngs of americans, care so much...I could say the same for the kardashians, but in this context i think it would be a diservice to the brits, at least they have a storied history.

circusninja

quality posts: 10 Private Messages circusninja

We do not recognize the crown in the U.S. I see nobody as royalty.

RWoodward

quality posts: 58 Private Messages RWoodward

I'm betting they call him Jesus, because with the volume and enthusisium of press coverage you'd think this kid was the second coming.

mdpaske

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mdpaske

Meh typical media hype. Trying to make something that really isn't all the important into something. I mean a baby is born world wide what every 4 seconds of every day? So this baby being born, not front page news. Unless this kid cures cancer or creates faster than light travel.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

I'd rather here about the royals than the false royals of the US media.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.