1%
2%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

Might sell more with the less obscure Atlantis.

marg1066

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marg1066

Am I seeing this wrong, or did the artist misspell Cthulhu?

remoteoz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages remoteoz

His mind "swum"?

lordbowen

quality posts: 203 Private Messages lordbowen

I'm taking my vacation in R'Lyeh in December. It's going to be a Cthulhu Christmas.

massha10

quality posts: 67 Private Messages massha10

R'Lyeh is no place for a man! Dead Cthullu ... wait.. what? Nevermind. (walks away muttering)

jblood

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jblood
marg1066 wrote:Am I seeing this wrong, or did the artist misspell Cthulhu?

That's just one of the many, many alternate spellings: Tulu, Clulu, Clooloo, Cthulu, Cthullu (See? Right here!), C'thulhu, Cighulu, Cathulu, C'thlu, Kathulu, Kutulu, Kthulhu, Q’thulu, K'tulu, Kthulhut, Kutu, Kulhu, Kutunluu, Ktulu, Cuitiliú, Thu Thu (yes, Thu Thu), and more.

theimmc

quality posts: 9 Private Messages theimmc

Here's the coordinates for anyone interested : S 48° 52.6′ W 123° 23.6′

I was this close to buying one (theimmc = the immortal Cthulhu) but the spelling

bagawe

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bagawe
remoteoz wrote:His mind "swum"?

If "Honey I Shrunk The Kids" could get away with it for all these years...

solusumbra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages solusumbra

Is this perhaps the story of the man who was swallowed by the impossible geometry?

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

What? No "Spirit of Massachusetts" slogan?

pegtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegtor

Way to spoil all that lovely suspense that you had going there in the wright up, Woot.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

Ummm... what is this is a reference too. This is seriously hurting my geek pride.

everlore

quality posts: 3 Private Messages everlore
auctionsaver wrote:Ummm... what is this is a reference too. This is seriously hurting my geek pride.

Classic Lovecraft. Not sure why the recent rise to geeky fame. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

e

jumcdona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumcdona
everlore wrote:Classic Lovecraft. Not sure why the recent rise to geeky fame. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

"recent"?? Well, if you consider the last 8 years (if not more) as recent, then I suppose...

Hoogs88

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Hoogs88
jblood wrote:That's just one of the many, many alternate spellings: Tulu, Clulu, Clooloo, Cthulu, Cthullu (See? Right here!), C'thulhu, Cighulu, Cathulu, C'thlu, Kathulu, Kutulu, Kthulhu, Q’thulu, K'tulu, Kthulhut, Kutu, Kulhu, Kutunluu, Ktulu, Cuitiliú, Thu Thu (yes, Thu Thu), and more.

Yeah, but...why not use the widely accepted "official" name? I considered getting this one, but that spelling just bugs me too much.

noadi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noadi

Recent? The Call of Cthulhu RPG was first released in 1981. Cthulhu has been getting lots of geek love for a long time.

potpourri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages potpourri

With most Woot shirts, I have at least some idea what they're about. With this one, I had to google it - sorry that I did ...

ClaudiaM

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ClaudiaM

Cthullu = no sale. Really, Woot?

mossygreen

quality posts: 69 Private Messages mossygreen
jblood wrote:That's just one of the many, many alternate spellings: Tulu, Clulu, Clooloo, Cthulu, Cthullu (See? Right here!), C'thulhu, Cighulu, Cathulu, C'thlu, Kathulu, Kutulu, Kthulhu, Q’thulu, K'tulu, Kthulhut, Kutu, Kulhu, Kutunluu, Ktulu, Cuitiliú, Thu Thu (yes, Thu Thu), and more.

I mean, sure, but considering that Cthulhu was created/made by one man, within the last hundred years, in the English language, isn't the spelling he used really the "correct" one? It's not actually transliterated from an alien tongue.

skemmis

quality posts: 11 Private Messages skemmis

Staff

pegtor wrote:Way to spoil all that lovely suspense that you had going there in the wright up, Woot.

I'll never make it as a Lovecraft fan ficcer

sonofafish

quality posts: 9 Private Messages sonofafish
Hoogs88 wrote:Yeah, but...why not use the widely accepted "official" name? I considered getting this one, but that spelling just bugs me too much.

ACK. Was gonna buy until you pointed that out. It's like pointing out that right now, somewhere on your body, you have an itch. You just can't ignore it after that!

jophan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jophan

I too wish the designer had used the familiar spelling. (I'd have expected the folks at Woot! to be geeky enough to have caught this and suggested a revision.) But since I'd already ordered this before realizing, I'm going to live with it. I figure the spelling will be a conversation starter with literate women, and jblood has kindly provided an interesting answer to the question it prompts.

massha10

quality posts: 67 Private Messages massha10

As a separate note - the woot monkeys manage to bang out the best write-ups ever. Must take tons of typewriters, too. Unless the Woot crew just picks these scribbled up on seashells washed ashore every morning and is wise enough not to ask any questions.

lonelypond

quality posts: 408 Private Messages lonelypond

If you're close enough to read the postcard/t-shirt/tote bag, it's too late for you.

Kitishane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kitishane

Agreed. I had my finger on the buy button, but then I ;_; 'd.

theimmc wrote:... I was this close to buying one (theimmc = the immortal Cthulhu) but the spelling
Hoogs88 wrote:Yeah, but...why not use the widely accepted "official" name? I considered getting this one, but that spelling just bugs me too much.
ClaudiaM wrote:Cthullu = no sale. Really, Woot?

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Wait... that shirt doesn't say "Ryloth". If it does, that is the ugliest Twi'lek slave girl I've ever seen!

I gotta stop reading those Star Wars Expanded Universe books.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 2m 58.228s
First Sucker: todolosdolores
Last Wooter to Woot: Woodnman412
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago

First day sales 597
First day posts 25