WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

iPhone and iPad Cases

Every morning, you get up and get on your iPhone or iPad to check Shirt.Woot. But doesn't that seem a little unfair? Your poor phone or tablet is stuck there, staring at all those dope shirt designs, and what does it get for its trouble? NOTHING! Until now! Check it: we got iPhone and iPad covers!

Narfcake

quality posts: 292 Private Messages Narfcake

Is it bad that I'm contemplating these even though I don't have an iPhone or iPad, and probably won't because I spent all my discretionary income on too many shirts?

Just wondering ...

jrs1980

quality posts: 31 Private Messages jrs1980

AND THERE'S EVEN PICTURES WITHOUT OUR ASKING, HOLY CRAP.

Now, if only I had something other than an iPod Classic and Kindle Fire HD. Ah, well.

Potentially the first side sale without an AA/Anvil dissertation?

Pardon me, would you have any bags of crap?

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3795 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Why now when I have no money??? Hopefully the stuff i want will still be up when i have money on Wednesday.

klynb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klynb

Maybe iPad mini cases next time?

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet
jrs1980 wrote:
Potentially the first side sale without an AA/Anvil dissertation?

Well instead perhaps we'll get a dissertation on the evils/wonders of istuff/non-istuff. I personally have no ianything so my little non-istuff phone is still feeling left out.

Narfcake

safyrejet wrote:Well instead perhaps we'll get a dissertation on the evils/wonders of istuff/non-istuff. I personally have no ianything so my little non-istuff phone is still feeling left out.

Heh! ... soooo, are any of these PC compatible? ^_^

(Has an iPod, but that's it for Apple products here.)

aimalynn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aimalynn

No iPod Touch 5 cases. *pout*

dfunk29

quality posts: 52 Private Messages dfunk29
safyrejet wrote:Well instead perhaps we'll get a dissertation on the evils/wonders of istuff/non-istuff. I personally have no ianything so my little non-istuff phone is still feeling left out.

So is mine and I really want that Fresh Cake case! Love it on light blue! Ummm... Tshirt please???

Narfcake

dfunk29 wrote:So is mine and I really want that Fresh Cake case! Love it on light blue! Ummm... Tshirt please???

... and on AA! And if not, can I send that 9-shirt pile of "random" baby blue blanks I got last year back to HQ so they can print on them?

(okay, back to sleep, Narf ...)

Coggle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Coggle
aimalynn wrote:No iPod Touch 5 cases. *pout*

I hear ya. I finally found a case for my new ipod only to find I had bought an iphone case (iphone is thicker). $30 down the drain. Such slim pickings for the ipods.

erixdad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erixdad

Samsung Galaxy plz.

dodiegirl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dodiegirl

no Android love?

boo.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

You know what would go good with a new iPhone case? A shirt about an iPhone!!!

Oh look. We have one right here!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

I would buy a case, but out of principle I won't. Giving FOUR designs to choose from "made" by one couple isn't very fair to the other more valuable designers on this site.

that was fun while it lasted!

meise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meise

Please make cases for the Kindle Fire too!!

mrscat206

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrscat206
erixdad wrote:Samsung Galaxy plz.

Yes! Android please! My Galaxy and Kindle would have a whole wardrobe all their own if that were an option

fgarriel

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fgarriel

no love for Nexus 4?

Narfcake

bpr2 wrote:I would buy a case, but out of principle I won't. Giving FOUR designs to choose from "made" by one couple isn't very fair to the other more valuable designers on this site.

If you haven't realized, they haven't been together for years already - and it's not favoritism to any artists, but rather, favoritism by the customers. These are all best selling designs of shirt.woot.

Also, Woot's most valuable artist has contributed over $4 million in revenue, so by that context, should more of his designs be featured here instead? That won't be fair to the other top sellers, however ...

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

PLEASE make a Zombie Garden iPhone case. PPPPPLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

On the phone cases, the design colors look faded and dull. Is that from the camera or should we expect a not as sharp image from the way the images are printed?

thumperchick

quality posts: 248 Private Messages thumperchick
Narfcake wrote:If you haven't realized, they haven't been together for years already - and it's not favoritism to any artists, but rather, favoritism by the customers. These are all best selling designs of shirt.woot.

Also, Woot's most valuable artist has contributed over $4 million in revenue, so by that context, should more of his designs be featured here instead? That won't be fair to the other top sellers, however ...

Pfft. Logic.

gymmom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gymmom

Come on guys, woot finally tries to put designs on cases and everybody is complaining about it! How about before we complain we try to thank them for what they did.

Narfcake

thumperchick wrote:Pfft. Logic.

Would you expect anything less from the (former) resident number nerd?

gymmom wrote:Come on guys, woot finally tries to put designs on cases and everybody is complaining about it! How about before we complain we try to thank them for what they did.

Wooters complaining about everything is like a Woot tradition ... and with everything else changing, seeing at least one thing remaining about "the way Woot was" is kind of comforting.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Narfcake wrote:seeing at least one thing remaining about "the way Woot was" is kind of comforting.

Not when it involves continuing to give either of those two money. That is something that will ALWAYS leave a bad taste.

Shiny chibi and derivative pop culture rips are still popular around here unfortunately, but at least we've got some more respectable artists profiting from it now.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

strausinator

quality posts: 0 Private Messages strausinator

More ijunk. This would be an awesome sale if it supported more than one crappy company. Any interested wooter has had ample opportunities to get cases for their iProduct, but never any love for the other 60+ percent of smartphone users.

sharonkay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sharonkay
meise wrote:Please make cases for the Kindle Fire too!!

Me too!!!

sharonkay

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sharonkay
mrscat206 wrote:Yes! Android please! My Galaxy and Kindle would have a whole wardrobe all their own if that were an option

I just bought a HTC One and would love a Doctor Who themed case for it .. or for the Kindle Fire I should be getting this week ... Doctor Who cases ... hint hint

bschacherbauer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bschacherbauer

I really wish you guys had done iPod cases. I would have bought four or five of these design.

Narfcake

strausinator wrote:More ijunk. This would be an awesome sale if it supported more than one crappy company. Any interested wooter has had ample opportunities to get cases for their iProduct, but never any love for the other 60+ percent of smartphone users.

The big reason is that the Android platform is spread out among hundreds and hundred of devices, which makes it much harder to market to any one particular customer base.

As an example, how many variants of Samsung Galaxy phones are out there? A search on GSMArena yielded 134 models that are current - and that's just from one brand.

It's a very fragmented market, which then lends to 3rd party companies to NOT produce products for because there's a lesser user base per model. Thus, whomever Woot is ordering these from most likely will NOT have case blanks for other models.

BTW, @bluetuba, my reference was in regards to Wooters complaining, not to anyone's actions from the past.

sampsonndelila

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sampsonndelila
strausinator wrote:More ijunk. This would be an awesome sale if it supported more than one crappy company. Any interested wooter has had ample opportunities to get cases for their iProduct, but never any love for the other 60+ percent of smartphone users.

Ditto!

basharoftheages

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basharoftheages
Narfcake wrote:As an example, how many variants of Samsung Galaxy phones are out there? A search on GSMArena yielded 134 models that are current - and that's just from one brand.

That's mostly because every color and internal CPU/memory/radio band configuration is considered a different "model." In reality there are dramatically fewer differences in the form factor.

slycreations

quality posts: 1 Private Messages slycreations

Sad to see the iPad case designs I like are all in portrait mode. Which means anyone seeing the design while my iPad is propped up for viewing will see it sideways. I can't be the only one whose iPad is usually in landscape mode, can I?

Narfcake

basharoftheages wrote:That's mostly because every color and internal CPU/memory/radio band configuration is considered a different "model." In reality there are dramatically fewer differences in the form factor.

... but there are differences, nonetheless. Divide it in half, divide it in fourths, it doesn't matter - the point is that there are so many different models. Look at the S4 - one model name, but there's the regular, mini, active, and zoom, and they all have different dimensions.

Apple's market share is achieved with just a handful of devices, meaning there's a very large user base of each device.

Android's market share is achieved with many different devices. Together, they're larger, but per device, it's a much smaller market.

So if you're custom making accessories, which market do you target - the very very large one, or the hundreds of smaller ones?

FWIW, my tablet is a BlackBerry PlayBook and my phone runs WP8. Accessories? Feel free to laugh.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Narfcake wrote:BTW, @bluetuba, my reference was in regards to Wooters complaining

Oh, well then I agree, people can complain and argue all they want IMO it's the interwebs way. All the silence is un-wooty

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

tesdinic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tesdinic

I absolutely love the cases! I'm so excited that there is potential for more. Unfortunately I can't get one because I use an iPad mini/ iPod touch,but I'm definitely excited about this!

venom4hire

quality posts: 11 Private Messages venom4hire
dodiegirl wrote:no Android love?

boo.

I know! We android nuts get treated like the red-headed step children!

Do I want an extended warranty? Why, I'm just going to void it anyway.

stevenballin1995

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenballin1995

I think they should look into making stickers so people who don't have Apple devices can still enjoy the awesome Woot designs.

Binaural

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Binaural
wisenekt wrote:On the phone cases, the design colors look faded and dull. Is that from the camera or should we expect a not as sharp image from the way the images are printed?

Came to ask the same question. Music is Life and the unstealthiest ninja cases (both designs) look pretty faded. I'm hoping they're just terrible pictures (the ipad versions look ok), but it is making me hesitate.

Quick, someone check my spelling and grammar for me.

katreader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katreader

I wish you had them for the iPad mini or regular Kindle. I don't have a smart phone either. Sigh.