3%
4%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond

Makes me a little sad, proud of the best moments of the space program and very glad the Star Trek movies got better after the first one.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett

I like the concept, but I could have used a bit of color (space isn't just black and white).

But beyond that, I just can't bring myself to wear a shirt that has text on it. To those that would get this shirt, there's no text necessary...and to those that wouldn't, the text doesn't help. Talk is cheap, and it cheapens this shirt.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. Who wants pie?

KimzKreations

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KimzKreations
lonelypond wrote:Makes me a little sad, proud of the best moments of the space program and very glad the Star Trek movies got better after the first one.

Totally agree with you on that one!! The first Star Trek movie stunk.

outmywindow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages outmywindow

V'Ger requires the information.

BeSublime

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BeSublime

This is just awesome.

Whatever you do, do it well.

fungusamongus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fungusamongus

Ah this is so great, it's perfectly irreverent.

lordbowen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages lordbowen

Goodbye, Voyager. Hello, Vger.

jrwwallis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jrwwallis

The voyager probes are interstellar spacecraft and not satellites.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

jrwwallis wrote:The voyager probes are interstellar spacecraft and not satellites.

True, but probes just aren't as romantic.

azdarkknight

quality posts: 5 Private Messages azdarkknight
tgentry wrote:True, but probes just aren't as romantic.

It depends if they buy you dinner first....

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 83 Private Messages Thirdbase9

If we hurry, can we catch it?

I don't know.

harobikes333

quality posts: 2 Private Messages harobikes333

At one point, didn't they offer two different brands of shirts to print on..? Or am I confusing Woot for another company *dun dun dun dun....*

cleverett

I've heard some folks that talked as if their alien probes were somewhat romantic, but then Voyager isn't an alien probe.

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus

I like the addition of the text. Without it, the design becomes unbalanced. Draws your eye away from the probe and turns a static image into a clever design.

wwuersch

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wwuersch

I personally like the text. Can't wait to get mine in!!!! I'm getting my husband one to as he currently owns about a tenth of the space themed shirts that I do. That's a problem.

Thanks for all the good times, voyager.

madamdefarge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages madamdefarge

At least it has some road trip music.

StarBob

quality posts: 14 Private Messages StarBob

I'd have bought this immediately without the text. I mean the entire premise of Voyager 1 and 2 is that they are meant to leave. To travel into the unknown. With them is a tiny piece of our humanity and our culture. The idea of it saying "Later, Dudes" kind of demeans that idea. Both belittling its role as a true explorer and ignoring the deep cultural heritage is literally contains.

It's kind of like if you wrote "SWAG" on the Mona Lisa. Now if it was some kind of cartoony caricature, it might make sense, but how do you make a caricature of a space probe?

Maybe I'm crazy here but I would just feel wrong wearing this since most people wouldn't get it and those that do would be like... "Oh... because Voyager is leaving the solar system... ok."

Quasiskunk

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Quasiskunk

Don't worry, it'll come back...and some Space Captain will try and figure out what it was. Twice.

echineko

quality posts: 3 Private Messages echineko
ChefRAZ wrote:I wonder why I even check here any more. this is a great shirt and it's going to be ruined by anvil. thanks for nothing.

Seems to be several Woot-ers expressing similar sentiments. I must say I don't get it, can someone enlighten me on what makes AA better than Anvil?

shabangster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shabangster

I find it depressing that no one ever mentions the Pioneer (10 & 11) missions....okay, so their cameras weren't as good, but they were 100 Grand Bar

Now where is the shirt for MESSENGER?

Ruger9mm

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Ruger9mm
Thirdbase9 wrote:If we hurry, can we catch it?

If you could afford enough fuel for a massive fleet of rockets or ion engines and hundreds of years... yes.
http://what-if.xkcd.com/38/

jmikell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmikell

To be accurate, the dish should be pointing back toward the solar system--waving goodbye with all that luscious data about the edge of the solar system, not ignoring us as it leaves.

I could go either way on the text, but I agree that I the AA shirts were better than the others. (Woot! Bring back AA!)

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I would totally buy this if the tagline were "See you, Space Cowboy..."

More Bebop shirts, please!

dthompson55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dthompson55

Cool idea!!

th3cap3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages th3cap3

LOL, so many V'ger references, but I won't lie, it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the shirt.

ronman101

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ronman101
StarBob wrote:I'd have bought this immediately without the text. I mean the entire premise of Voyager 1 and 2 is that they are meant to leave. To travel into the unknown. With them is a tiny piece of our humanity and our culture. The idea of it saying "Later, Dudes" kind of demeans that idea. Both belittling its role as a true explorer and ignoring the deep cultural heritage is literally contains.

It's kind of like if you wrote "SWAG" on the Mona Lisa. Now if it was some kind of cartoony caricature, it might make sense, but how do you make a caricature of a space probe?

Maybe I'm crazy here but I would just feel wrong wearing this since most people wouldn't get it and those that do would be like... "Oh... because Voyager is leaving the solar system... ok."

Maybe this work have been Better, "In case I don't see you good afternoon, good evening and good night." from the Truman Show, but I think it would have been too many words!

cwfenn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cwfenn
KimzKreations wrote:Totally agree with you on that one!! The first Star Trek movie stunk.

Seconded. The basic idea was good, but the movie itself was a complete snooze-fest. Especially when you consider how much better Wrath of Khan was.

Netflix has a bunch of Star Trek stuff now if anyone is a subscriber.

tobias23

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tobias23

admiral, there be whales here!

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba

Argh, so tempting but I've been SO stingy about anvil shirts.. why couldn't this be on a purple AA in a side sale? Hah!

I disagree with the sourpussing on the text, especially that it's disrespectful. Putting some pop culture slogan on there would be the thing that's disrespectful.. yes we all love Bebop but it's got nothing to do with this probe or it's mission.

"Later, dudes" is perfect. It adds a sad familiarity and some personification to the probe. That's what I'd say if I were leaving the solar system forever. It adds a nice little twist to this design so it's not just a shirt with a "satellite" on it, or something dumb like a frowny face or hitch hiker rucksack over it's shoulder

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 209 Private Messages Spiritgreen

The Little Spaceprobe That Could. We'll see you out there someday, voyager.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 71 Private Messages oakenspirit

Been working on my wife for an hour now- her "NO MORE TSHIRTS" rule is killing me.

I love this!

TJMaximus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages TJMaximus
jrwwallis wrote:The voyager probes are interstellar spacecraft and not satellites.

Came to post this.

Depends on what you're into. :D

"I call it what it is, a probe, and I call my life what it is: Hell."

kevmiester

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kevmiester

I'm late to the party... Glad I caught this one before it zoomed away at 38,610 mph.. Later Dudes....

darkaine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkaine

Great shirt, I think the text is perfect personally. Now i'm worried about the shirt itself though based on the complaints on here cause I know my shirts aren't nearly as good sometimes which this might explain.

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 0m 40.553s
First Sucker: protozoankid
Last Wooter to Woot: lisanorris
Last Purchase: 3 minutes ago

First day sales 990
First day posts 34

cleverett

echineko wrote:Seems to be several Woot-ers expressing similar sentiments. I must say I don't get it, can someone enlighten me on what makes AA better than Anvil?

They just feel and fit totally differently. I don't like the Anvils, and I'll only buy one if it's just a super-fantastic shirt. I wish Woot! would just raise the price a dollar and go back to the old AA shirts. Or maybe just change to some other vendor besides Anvil. Whatever...a change needs to be made.

Korgone5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Korgone5
cleverett wrote:I like the concept, but I could have used a bit of color (space isn't just black and white).

But beyond that, I just can't bring myself to wear a shirt that has text on it. To those that would get this shirt, there's no text necessary...and to those that wouldn't, the text doesn't help. Talk is cheap, and it cheapens this shirt.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. Who wants pie?

Voyager is currently about in the Oort Cloud. It would pretty much be seeing all black and white...