6%
5%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

I'm a little creeped out by this because I am totally reminded of those little glass boxes at museums that have butterflies pinned to cards.

Robtangle

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Robtangle

Putting a fire out with this is super effective!

sgaon

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sgaon

I'm holding out for an "In case of grass" shirt. Go Charmander!

lichme

quality posts: 2772 Private Messages lichme

How often do you have to feed him?

aycheung

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aycheung

can you put this on an ipad case????o.O

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

I'm a little surprised that the video game derby of all things has had the lowest vote total winner ever. Odd that there were more entries than I've noticed in a while and yet still very low vote participation.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

Well keeping a squirtle in one of these emergency boxes can't be any worse than keeping it in a pokeball. In fact he's got more room to stretch out here, at least until he evolves. I wonder how many fires he'd have to put out to get enough experience to get to level 16...

bluetuba wrote:I'm a little surprised that the video game derby of all things has had the lowest vote total winner ever. Odd that there were more entries than I've noticed in a while and yet still very low vote participation.

Not sure if it makes a difference but nearly everything I voted for was disqualified for one reason or another.

lonelypond

quality posts: 417 Private Messages lonelypond

If you have to have this view of anything, something based on a turtle is probably one of the better choices.

antwillia1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages antwillia1

I've been racking my brain for the last fifteen minutes trying to figure out a turtle would be enclosed in one of the fire-emergency-glass-case-things. Still nothing.

antwillia1

antwillia1 wrote:I've been racking my brain for the last fifteen minutes trying to figure out a turtle would be enclosed in one of the fire-emergency-glass-case-things. Still nothing.

*why

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3360 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I just started following the derby and was so excited to see this design win! Such a great idea.

wilcononomous

quality posts: 20 Private Messages wilcononomous

Caddywompus

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Caddywompus

Also doubles as a life raft.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
antwillia1 wrote:I've been racking my brain for the last fifteen minutes trying to figure out a turtle would be enclosed in one of the fire-emergency-glass-case-things. Still nothing.

A squirtle is a water based pokemon that can shoot water from it's orifices

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 24 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

170 votes. That's kinda scary. Poor derby-game.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
TobiasAmaranth wrote:170 votes. That's kinda scary. Poor derby-game.

Indeed. A year ago, 170 votes would've been 28th place ... which I admit looked unfamiliar; that was right after I said "goodbye" last year, so looking for that was new to me.

jak2rocks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jak2rocks
wilcononomous wrote:

Actually no. While that seems to be the case in your mind, the truth is that it's a Turtle that Squirts (water). Squirtle... Nice try though.

antwillia1

tjost wrote:A squirtle is a water based pokemon that can shoot water from it's orifices

Of course. Thank you.

piratenipple

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piratenipple

How do you activate it? Pull on the tail?

timelessblur

quality posts: 4 Private Messages timelessblur
bluetuba wrote:I'm a little surprised that the video game derby of all things has had the lowest vote total winner ever. Odd that there were more entries than I've noticed in a while and yet still very low vote participation.

yeah 170 votes for first places is really shocking and scary.
That being said I have been noticing a trend that the derby winning votes have been going down. Seems like less and less people are even voting.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

So is this Pokemon like Yoshi? Do you have to hit him to make him do his special power? Lucky for him, there isn't a hammer provided to break the glass.

PsychedelicBreakfast

quality posts: 9 Private Messages PsychedelicBreakfast
skatimmy737 wrote:So is this Pokemon like Yoshi? Do you have to hit him to make him do his special power? Lucky for him, there isn't a hammer provided to break the glass.

No, you just simply say, "Squirtle! Water Gun!" or "Squirtle, use Bubblebeam!" or other water attack commands. You could probably have it do Rapid Spin to break out of the glass.

jmikell

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmikell
timelessblur wrote:yeah 170 votes for first places is really shocking and scary.
That being said I have been noticing a trend that the derby winning votes have been going down. Seems like less and less people are even voting.

FWIW, I looked at the derby entries. This is the only one I'd buy without a lot of thought. (My son likes Pokemon.) There were a two others in the FOW section that I'd think about (one for me, one for both of us). The rest of the designs were just blah, even a couple that involved themes that I normally buy easily.

Part of the issue may be the designs. People vote when they feel passionately about something. Few of these designs inspired any passion for me (and apparently not for many other people either).

In the gold derby Narfcake linked, I see three in the top ten (but not the top three) I'd likely buy and two in the next ten I'd at least think about. I also note that #1 and #4 are the same basic design.

massha10

quality posts: 67 Private Messages massha10

That probably tells you the audience is less videogame-y than you think, and possibly slightly older. Me - I glanced through the video game derby and left. I am here for Doctor Who shirts and cat shirts.

drscarecrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drscarecrow
sgaon wrote:I'm holding out for an "In case of grass" shirt. Go Charmander!

I concur. No love for Fire-types around here, it seems.

I just say, "THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!"

truthbtold1331

quality posts: 1 Private Messages truthbtold1331

Someone should design this sticker for bulbasaur instead of for dogs:

Tc-99m

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
Caddywompus wrote:Also doubles as a life raft.

and a surf board

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

bluetuba

bacjuan wrote:Wow, ok, where to begin here? ...huuurrrr...

My, didn't you just fly off on a little tangent there? He's right, derby participation is low for a variety of reasons that effect the morale and passion of this community. Video games are historically a pop culture subject that sell very well here (see the glut of Mario/Zelda/TMNT/Pokemon/ect..) and yet even with a "home run" of a theme the participation has hit rock bottom. It's not just votes that have decreased, it's entries and comments on those entries too. This place is a ghost town now.

I dislike 98% of video game ref shirts BTW, the only one I've ever bought was "The cake is a liar" I'm pretty sure.

Such a low voter base makes it even more likely to see anything with a recognizable reference win over something unique.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

deleted an unnecessarily hostile post (and its subsequent replies). sorry about all that.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

abrndude

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abrndude
PemberDucky wrote:deleted an unnecessarily hostile post (and its subsequent replies). sorry about all that.

Thats part of the problem with this forum, you cant say how you feel without being deleted. WHat you deem as "unnecessarily hostile" may just be that person venting and letting out how they feel. You have no right to continously censor what people say. Life is not all roses sometimes there are negative things that we need to get out and say. Stop policing things to the point people dont want to comment least they get deleted or banned.

sharkbait190

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkbait190

i want this as a poster

Narfcake

quality posts: 284 Private Messages Narfcake
abrndude wrote:Thats part of the problem with this forum, you cant say how you feel without being deleted. WHat you deem as "unnecessarily hostile" may just be that person venting and letting out how they feel. ...

The redacted posts were personal attacks on fellow Wooters that were uncalled for.

(Back to Squirtle discussions now, please!)

thelastwraithe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelastwraithe

Step 1: Break glass.
Step 2: Retrieve Squirtle.
Step 3: Place on spit and roast until cooked to 375*.
Step 4: Season to taste.
Step 5: Enjoy!

*This message brought to you by the Charmander-4-Life Foundation.*

bluetuba

abrndude wrote:WHat you deem as "unnecessarily hostile" may just be that person venting and letting out how they feel.

I take it you didn't see any of the deleted posts before they were deleted!

If some jackhole on a tee shirt forum called your kid fat you probably wouldn't be so forgiving. And even if you do like a good flamefest and returned his fire with some yo momma jokes of your own that doesn't really mean this forum is the place for such shennanigans.

massha10

quality posts: 67 Private Messages massha10
Narfcake wrote:Indeed. A year ago, 170 votes would've been 28th place ... which I admit looked unfamiliar; that was right after I said "goodbye" last year, so looking for that was new to me.

Oh MY I checked that old derby out and I like so many shirts in it!

TheGolux

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TheGolux

Speed to First Woot: 3m 38.226s
First Sucker: emijoh
Last Wooter to Woot: carys14
Last Purchase: 2 minutes ago

First day sales 1154
First day posts 36

pegtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pegtor

love this