WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

You Asked for It

Every time we put up a Woot Plus sale here on Shirt, you guys come in and WHINE, WHINE, WHINE about all the cool stuff we SHOULD HAVE added. Well, you know what we're going to do to get you to stop your whining? We're going to give you what you want. That's right, it's a plus sale of all of the stuff you asked for in the forums. We're going to make great parents some day.

bluejester

quality posts: 567 Private Messages bluejester

You maniacs! You brought "Skatetown" back! Dang you! Dang you all to heck!

dramatically throws self into sandy beach and pounds the sand woefully

Actually though...
I am seriously close to picking up a copy of Skatetown. If for no other reason than it appears to be printed on AA.

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

The zip up hoodie blanks are nothing like they used to be. Awful cheep fabric, like cheese cloth, not even fit for use as toilet paper. How can you charge $30 for something that worthless? It doesn't even take prints well, they're not solid but patchy like they were done with iron on transfers. GARBAGE.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

Yes! Skatetown will be mine. Although I feel like it's cheating.

trekmiss

quality posts: 7 Private Messages trekmiss

Nope, not quite what I asked for, but some great designs there I'd love to own in my size again...perhaps on purple?!? I miss being able to wear a lot of those, which I own in 2X or 3X, but they are WAAAY too big for me now.

So, I'm putting in a request for more purple and orange shirts for the next "you asked for it" sale.

PS. Skatetown doesn't count!

lonelypond

quality posts: 435 Private Messages lonelypond

I don't ask anymore, although I might have enough suggestions for a robot robot* robot plus sale.

Couldn't Care Less Bear almost tempting for those don't talk to me days.

*think hoodie ; )

trekmiss

I would have bought Couldn't Care Less Bear on a heather gray tshirt. Zip hoodies are not my thing, and definitely not in the budget.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis

A shirt from she who must not be named? Interesting.

But I want a Tshirt of Monkey King, none of this stuff with long sleeves. What witchery is that?

firefly209

quality posts: 1 Private Messages firefly209

WINE, WINE, WINE? I thought this was supposed to be SHIRTwoot!

I'm seriously tempted by the "Couldn't Care Less Bear" zip hoodie for two reasons - love the design, and I love the zip hoodies. I own one zip hoodie already back in February ("Shhh" in red) and it's still really comfy six months later so I've been looking forward to the day the zip hoodies return...

skippykj

quality posts: 16 Private Messages skippykj
lete wrote:The zip up hoodie blanks are nothing like they used to be. Awful cheep fabric, like cheese cloth, not even fit for use as toilet paper. How can you charge $30 for something that worthless? It doesn't even take prints well, they're not solid but patchy like they were done with iron on transfers. GARBAGE.

Anybody notice new zip hoodie blanks? I never was really fond of the original choice and stopped buying them because of it. I would be willing to give another brand a shot.

etolendi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages etolendi

Bake it so on a long sleeve tee, not an apron?? Noooooooooooooooooo!!

natedogg828

quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828

It's like you read my mind and then totally ignored what you read...there's the old Woot we know and love

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

SunnyLea0

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SunnyLea0

One time I bought the READ shirt in a V neck but then it never shipped and so I never got it. I got a refund but I wanted the shirt. So that's one whine...

Also larger women's shirts. I realize this is the manufacturer's fault pretty much but again, this is a whine...

Oh, yeah. And my PayPal back.

Buffbill_ox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buffbill_ox

OH MY GOD!!! SKATETOWN!!! How fitting that my 100th woot is the “one that got away”. I have wanted that shirt for sometime now.

Emerson iTone iPod Docking Station - Woot Cellars Polyphemus - 9 Random Craps! - Nike Nano Armband - 3 Monkeys - Emergency Roadside Kits - Bacon Salt - Flashing woot off lights - Tons of woot shirts

Buffbill_ox

bluejester wrote:You maniacs! You brought "Skatetown" back! Dang you! Dang you all to heck!

dramatically throws self into sandy beach and pounds the sand woefully

Actually though...
I am seriously close to picking up a copy of Skatetown. If for no other reason than it appears to be printed on AA.

yup... having it on AA sealed the deal for me!

Emerson iTone iPod Docking Station - Woot Cellars Polyphemus - 9 Random Craps! - Nike Nano Armband - 3 Monkeys - Emergency Roadside Kits - Bacon Salt - Flashing woot off lights - Tons of woot shirts

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

Buffbill_ox wrote:OH MY GOD!!! SKATETOWN!!! How fitting that my 100th woot is the “one that got away”. I have wanted that shirt for sometime now.

wooo!!!

congratulations on your 100th Woot!!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

lotsofgoats

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lotsofgoats

That taco...

that. taco.

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
trekmiss wrote:Nope, not quite what I asked for, ...

Likewise; I'm sure the regulars know what we both are talking about.

skippykj wrote:Anybody notice new zip hoodie blanks? I never was really fond of the original choice and stopped buying them because of it. I would be willing to give another brand a shot.

There are two different zip hoodies that's used here at Woot. There's the regular zip-up hoodie, which is a Gildan 18600 (made in Honduras), and the lightweight zip-up hoodie, which is an Alternative Apparel 1970 (made in Dominican Republic). The Gildan is a medium-weight fleece, the Alternative Apparel is a lightweight tri-blend fabric.

SunnyLea0 wrote:... Also larger women's shirts. I realize this is the manufacturer's fault pretty much but again, this is a whine...

Larger than the Anvil 880 blanks that have been in use for over a year now? They're almost the same in width as the men's shirts and roughly 1-2 sizes above the older American Apparel blanks. More information on this here (though the shirt staff tag on the QPs no longer applies).

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

If you're taking requests... "A Wonderful Day on AA short or long sleeve, or pullover hoodie, or even a tote, would make it a wonderful day! ;)

massha10

quality posts: 67 Private Messages massha10

hey you ebenezer-scrooges where are the other designs on LS?! MOAR long sleeve. I can has moar long sliv! esp Fall designs like Scarecrogh or the squeeze shirt with robot squezzing the lightning out of clouds.

moooleeesssaaa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moooleeesssaaa

This may be a foolish question but does the Typo tag on the Lewish Carroll shirt mean there is a typo on the shirt?

melissa perez

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

moooleeesssaaa wrote:This may be a foolish question but does the Typo tag on the Lewish Carroll shirt mean there is a typo on the shirt?

yup. it's a special edition.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

AlexIAm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AlexIAm

Is the typo that "wade" should be "wabe" in the first sentence.

>insert funny quote here<

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
AlexIAm wrote:Is the typo that "wade" should be "wabe" in the first sentence.

Yup :|

justbusiness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justbusiness

UMBRAGE!

You guys forgot to put Two Is Better on a hoodie, zip-up or otherwise. I will strongly consider buying fewer things until this injustice is rectified. Maybe.

Narfcake

quality posts: 288 Private Messages Narfcake
bluejester wrote:... Actually though...

I won't fight you for it.

caramelarrow

quality posts: 14 Private Messages caramelarrow

It seems my many requests for a hoodie (not lightweight) of Procrastination University were ignored. I've asked for it. Nicely. Could be cranberry, navy, grey, whatever. So, I'll ask again. Please, for the next "You Asked for It" sale, a PU hoodie, please???? Thank you.

07/11/14

skadus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skadus

So... what's the story behind Skatetown? I feel like I'm missing an inside joke or a pop culture reference.

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
Darquis wrote:A shirt from she who must not be named? Interesting.

And I missed this allusion.
Anybody feel like explaining?

Buffbill_ox

skadus wrote:So... what's the story behind Skatetown? I feel like I'm missing an inside joke or a pop culture reference.

Skatetown is notorious as one of the worst selling woot shirts of all time...thus making it a cult classic. Add the fact that it was "out of print" until now and boom... a rush to buy an ugly shirt....I got one myself for that very reason. Couldn't help myself.

scm_15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scm_15

I would love a Fresh Cake side sale. There has not been enough Fresh Cake. I must have more than olive and purple short sleeve T's and light weight zip up hoodies with Fresh Cake. I live in a cold climate. I would love a winter wardrobe of Fresh Cake with long sleeve t's and pull over hoodies. Perhaps more short sleeve t's in different colors. I have converted 1/2 of my extended family into Fresh Cake followers. I think I can add the other half with more options. My mother only makes a comment about once a week or so that she doesn't have a Fresh Cake long sleeve t. Apparently the fact that they haven't been made available yet does not matter to her.

lete

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lete

Just got skatetown on AA for $12 with that wootoff coupon. It's like a dream.

pitamuffin

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pitamuffin

I can't decide which one to get with the coupon. And the clock is ticking. The pressure, the pressure!

sariko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sariko
AlexIAm wrote:Is the typo that "wade" should be "wabe" in the first sentence.

Yes, and 'whiffling' is also misspelled as 'wiffling'.

saintmercy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saintmercy

The Plan B shirt made me think in this song: youtu.be/dXhUb3Ro_eg

tigerfish313

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313
natedogg828 wrote:It's like you read my mind and then totally ignored what you read...there's the old Woot we know and love

Yep! I don't know how many times I've asked for Cloak of Visibility as a pullover hoodie. And while you're at it, Woot, it should also be glow-in-the -dark, because that would be perfection.

kmashaney

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kmashaney

How can you tell if it's AA???

trekmiss

kmashaney wrote:How can you tell if it's AA???

AA is made in the USA. If the shirt specs say Honduras/Nicaragua or anything other than USA, then it's not AA.

AA shirts will look like this...

Features:

Fiber Content: 4.5 oz 100% Combed Ringspun Cotton
Manufactured In: USA
Printed In: Carrollton, Texas, USA

lalaith

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lalaith

I'd like to request a "That's No Moon" reprint for next time

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Since woot CAN procure orange AA tees for the occasional sale, I suggest woot do a
"Child Stars" or "Tees of TV" run, which would include tees like:

From Victorious:
Think of The Children

From Southland:
Finding Technicolor

From iCarly:
Oh BURNED!!!