WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Favorite decade for retro fashion?
  • 12.9% - Something earlier than the 1950s 165
  • 13.5% - 50s 172
  • 14.7% - 60s 188
  • 14.8% - 70s 189
  • 18.1% - 80s 231
  • 5.6% - 90s 71
  • 0.6% - The aughts 8
  • 19.7% - I hate retro fashion 251
1275 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

roddempsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roddempsey

The poll is biased. We old folks in our mid seventies are just not into Woot yet. Plus many of us have died previously and can't enjoy Woot.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages daveinwarshington

The Triassic period.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 33 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Combine the 40's fashion with it's music and you'll loose me!

jfenchel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfenchel

80s ski fashion, nothing better. Especially in the film Blizzard of Aahhh's

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I'd happily live in 1940's (post-war) fashion if I got to look like Lauren Bacall in the movies.

theco2

quality posts: 47 Private Messages theco2

I find it humorous, the numbers gradually increase from 'Something earlier than the 1950s' to the 80s, then drop quick.

Was the 90s fashion really that bad?

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

1800s through 1914 or so. :3 Though I like the 30s and 40s, too.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui
theco2 wrote:I find it humorous, the numbers gradually increase from 'Something earlier than the 1950s' to the 80s, then drop quick.

Was the 90s fashion really that bad?

I wonder if it's maybe more that 90s didn't have too much of a distinct fashion set. I've noticed that since then, there really hasn't been any sort of "fashion." Everyone just wears what they want, with no determining factor.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

leandrahime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leandrahime

I love the 1940's fashion. The Era of the Bombshell was amazing. The 1880's-90's was also good, but only for the corsetry...