WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

This past Sunday, Shirt.Woot hosted a party in Seattle. It was a heck of a time filled laughs, cheer, and tears (of joy [not really, though]). The drink of choice? The Unstealthiest Ninja (created by oakenspirit). Can you see him in there?

The reason for a party? To cerebrate you, the Shirt.Woot community! In return, party-goers were nice enough to celebrate us, by wearing their favorite Woot shirts. Like these guys:

Or these guys:

Or these cool dudes:

Or these guys:

Shawn here came all the way from Baton Rouge, Louisiana just for the Shirt.Woot party! Or maybe PAX too, but whatever…

Bloodrose here is modeling console general.

groovetini, meanwhile, is blocking his Woot shirt with his PAX Enforcer tee. Thanks for keeping it safe out there on the floor, dude!

Here's a couple of my favorite people from the party!

Sue, on the right, is a professor of psychology at Highline Community College. She'll often wear Woot Shirts that go along with the lessons she's teaching. Like, when she's teaching about neurons, she'll wear the Seratonin and the Dopamines she has on in the picture. Or when she's talking about the id and the superego, she'll wear the Listen to your Conscience being modeled here by her lovely wife. Thanks for using Woot shirts for good, Sue!

Even too-cool-to-follow-the-rules writer Sam Kemmis found a Woot Shirt in his size to wear.

That shirt, by the way, is a commissioned piece of art by local Seattle Artist, Dereck Erdman, of BATS! fame. Here it is again, sans Sam, so you can really get its poignant message about burger pregnancy.

Speaking of artists, many of our all-time favorite Shirt.Woot artists were in attendance. Here's Jaden Kale!

And here's Jaden Kale again talking shop with fellow artist, Ochopika.

Here's Rasabi, deep in thought, pondering a new design!

Even tjost and his wife managed to climb out of their gold-plated jacuzzi filled with Binge money and make their way to the party!

Shirt.Woot director Joel Lewis was on hand to address the crowd! Or maybe that's one of Joel's many doubles. You gotta be careful when you're coming face-to-face with Shirt.Woot forum members.

What's that Joel's got in his hands, you wonder? Why, the tickets for the BOC raffle, of course! Bix nabbed the first one…

She began unboxing it on the spot, and a crowd immediately formed to watch!

The party went on in that way, mingling, drinking, arting, and raffling into the wee hours of the early evening. Then it was time for the IRL derby! All of the submitted designs were on display...

But only the top five were put up to a public screaming vote:

Tensions ran high. Would one of the artists in attendance win? Or would the mysterious Walmazan, hidden away in his digital fortress, pull out a victory from afar? (Just kidding, Walmazan, we love you.)

The victor? OCHOPIKA! Thanks in part to some real ear-shattering screaming by tjost (it's nice that he gives back to the people so much) and also in part because she designed a REALLY AWESOME SHIRT! Her prize: the privilege of curating a whole day on Shirt.Woot! And on that day, you just may see some of the IRL derby designs up for sale. Keep your ear to ground for more info on that.

It was a great time, a time to celebrate the artists and the art that they make, and to meet face-to-face with the community we love. Thanks to everyone who showed up. And for those of you who didn't, we hope to see you at the next one.

Hugs and kisses,
Shirt.Woot!

marceepauff

quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff

Congrats OCHO!!!! Wooooo!!!!

ripley32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ripley32

That's id and superego -- lest any psych folks stop by. =)

Thanks for the party!
Sue, the psych prof

walmazan

quality posts: 64 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats OCHOPIKA!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

Congrats Ochopika! I knew that shirt was special when I saw it-

I am so honored my drink was chosen! Glad I didn't go with the REJECTIONATOR recipe I was concocting on the side-

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Yay! Congrats, Ocho! Thanks for the update and the pictures. Wish I could have joined in the fun, but it's great to see everyone had a great time.

dseanadams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dseanadams
ripley32 wrote:That's id and superego -- lest any psych folks stop by. =)

Thanks for the party!
Sue, the psych prof

Fixed! And thanks for coming!

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

Awesome! That shirt reminds me of a book called Round Trip which I used to love as a kid.

kevlar51

quality posts: 46 Private Messages kevlar51

Glad to see everyone had a good time! Big congrats Ochopika!

thumperchick

quality posts: 241 Private Messages thumperchick

I am super jealous of all the people who got to go! Looks like a great time was had.

spilzer

quality posts: 119 Private Messages spilzer

Yay, congrats Ochopika, what beautiful shirt. Wish I could've made the party, maybe next time on the East Coast?

theco2

quality posts: 67 Private Messages theco2

Looks like everyone had a blast. I need to get to Seattle, some day. Maybe this will give me an excuse.

Congratulations Ochopika!

travisl

quality posts: 4 Private Messages travisl

I had a great time. Thanks for hosting. I met lots of neat folks, handled more random shirt bags then I'll probably ever get to do again, and got embarrassed (not really) when someone else walked in wearing the same shirt as me. For a gaming convention, Poison was clearly the obvious choice, which is why I expected nobody else would wear it. It's a classic blunder.

lonelypond

quality posts: 426 Private Messages lonelypond

It does look like a fun party.

Congrats to Ochopika!

gecko808

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gecko808

Yay, congratulations to Ochopika! It was super nice to meet you in person, as well as the other designers. Thanks for the fun party, Shirt.Woot! Hope to do it again sometime!

kiyenna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kiyenna

I wish we could get that burger shirt. . .

Wetbo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wetbo

I wish the party was held in Carrollton, since the shirts are printed over there and that would have made it easier for me to sneak in.

ochopika

quality posts: 27 Private Messages ochopika

Staff

Thanks, guys and gals! It was indeed really close and all the designs were awesome. Thanks to Tjost as well and I hope your voice has recovered, lol.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
ochopika wrote:Thanks, guys and gals! It was indeed really close and all the designs were awesome. Thanks to Tjost as well and I hope your voice has recovered, lol.

It's just starting to sound better 4 days later. I think I may have burst something It was great meeting all of you who were able to come to the party, it was fun and a highlight of my trip to Seattle.

All the art was awesome too, not a stinker among them, so congrats to all the artists that submitted. I'm sure we'll see some of these in print somewhere soon!

arismella

quality posts: 16 Private Messages arismella
oakenspirit wrote:Congrats Ochopika! I knew that shirt was special when I saw it-

I am so honored my drink was chosen! Glad I didn't go with the REJECTIONATOR recipe I was concocting on the side-

Your drink was awesome! Loved the hint of licorice at the end, and the tartness all around. Yum.

theco2

quality posts: 67 Private Messages theco2
arismella wrote:Your drink was awesome! Loved the hint of licorice at the end, and the tartness all around. Yum.

I want one!

oakenspirit

arismella wrote:Your drink was awesome! Loved the hint of licorice at the end, and the tartness all around. Yum.

Hooray! Glad you dug it- I will accept a plus sale with my RLderby shirt entry as compensation. heh!

Seriously though, I'm super curious about what happened to all the rad shirts that were printed for the scream off. Did lucky party goers take them home? They are the rarest of the rare!!!

rasabi

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rasabi
oakenspirit wrote:Hooray! Glad you dug it- I will accept a plus sale with my RLderby shirt entry as compensation. heh!

Seriously though, I'm super curious about what happened to all the rad shirts that were printed for the scream off. Did lucky party goers take them home? They are the rarest of the rare!!!

I believe Joel mentioned something about them getting sent back to the creators. Sooooo.... hopefully you will see it in the mail?? I snapped a picture of it in the meantime since I recognized it from the pre-derby thread

I was fortunate enough to just wear mine around at the party after the voting was done, haha...

oakenspirit

rasabi wrote:I believe Joel mentioned something about them getting sent back to the creators. Sooooo.... hopefully you will see it in the mail?? I snapped a picture of it in the meantime since I recognized it from the pre-derby thread

I was fortunate enough to just wear mine around at the party after the voting was done, haha...

HA! Rad- thanks for the pic man.

joewardog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joewardog

Better late than never!

Thanks for the party! (I am the guy with the akubra)

It was quite a hike uphill to find it, but definitely worth it.

Keep up the awesome work.