WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Time again for another march toward t-shirt doom! Discuss this week's life-or-death struggle for sales supremacy as chronicled on the Reckoning page all week long.

Here's how the Reckoning week runs now: every Tuesday at midnight, we retire the previous week's lowest-selling shirts and launch this here discussion thread. Tuesday around noon we'll post the all-new, all-early Reckoning Recon. On Friday, we'll juice demand and prime the pump with a little weekend reminder post. Finally, on the following Monday, the Day of Reckoning post sounds the last call for the Reckoned shirts. All of those posts will be linked below. Monday night (or Tuesday morning), it starts all over again. The Reckoning, she is a hungry beast...

Narfcake

quality posts: 293 Private Messages Narfcake

Ding! 4 years of The Binge. Congrats, @Tjost!

- The debut day's 3,000 was sold out in 2 hours, 47 minutes.
- It spent 16 of the first 17 weeks in the #1 spot.
- It was a derby submission on Monday.
- Derby #111 was Mr. Jost's very first derby.

The sales pace has slowed down somewhat in recent months ...
#40,000 - Mar 9, 2011, 1:02pm CDT
#50,000 - October 7, 2011, 10:44am CDT.
#60,000 - August 1, 2012, 6:11pm CDT.

13+ months later and as of this post, the t-shirt sales are at 67,215.

Uncounted are thousands more of hoodies, tank tops, prints, iPad sleeves, mugs, iPhone and iPad covers ... and did I miss anything?

Congrats again!

rasabi

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rasabi
Narfcake wrote:Ding! 4 years of The Binge. Congrats, @Tjost!

- The debut day's 3,000 was sold out in 2 hours, 47 minutes.
- It spent 16 of the first 17 weeks in the #1 spot.
- It was a derby submission on Monday.
- Derby #111 was Mr. Jost's very first derby.

The sales pace has slowed down somewhat in recent months ...
#50,000 - October 7, 2011, 10:44am CDT.
#60,000 - August 1, 2012, 6:11pm CDT.

13+ months later and as of this post, the t-shirt sales are at 67,215.

Uncounted are thousands more of hoodies, tank tops, prints, iPad sleeves, mugs, iPhone and iPad covers ... and did I miss anything?

Congrats again!

Wow. That factoid #1 is pretty nuts.

Narfcake

Most First-Time Buyers
What are Those Foxes Saying?
nabbed 1,650 first-timers

I'm almost wondering if that's a record ...

Narfcake

Narfcake wrote:... I'm almost wondering if that's a record ...

Talking to myself here ... it seems likely it will be.

Even the fastest selling shirt, The Cheese is a Liederkranz, managed to garner "only" 1,791 new Wooters in its first two weeks. In comparison, WATFS is up to 1,763 on 5084 sales as of this post.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I was just marvelling at that myself, Narfcake! Wow, that's great for the site.

Hey 1,900 first timers, you can now vote in the derby and determine future shirts!

Narfcake

Spiritgreen wrote:I was just marvelling at that myself, Narfcake! Wow, that's great for the site.

Hey 1,900 first timers, you can now vote in the derby and determine future shirts!

1,910 first Wooters on 5,358 sales ... here's hoping too that some will stick around to vote and participate here.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Narfcake wrote:1,910 first Wooters on 5,358 sales ... here's hoping too that some will stick around to vote and participate here.

I must say that's impressive, but that can tend to happen when you brush against the pop-culture curve so quickly.

The next couple of months will be interesting to see the results of the derbies and sale numbers. Also, Woot should definitely send out a digest-type email to these people that explains what the derby is, how to participate, both for artists and for voters. And of course talk about the sweet sweet prize money.

On an unrelated note: When did Nevermore die out??? XD I don't check these reckoning days very often.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

Narfcake

2,039 first timers on 5,600 sales now ...

Nevermore bowed out in Reckoning #306