Have you ever ordered a shirt from Shirt.Woot? No? Why are you here?? Anyway, they come in these uber-cool bags designed by our own community and the time has come for us to say goodbye to the current generation of bags and usher in the new.
Here's how it works: Submissions run from now until noon CST on Wednesday 9/18. Send your stuff to email@example.com with subject line: "Bag Derby". THEN we'll post all appropriate designs in a Shirt.Woot Facebook gallery and let folks "like" the designs they, well, like best. After a week of voting we will select the three finalists from the Facebook favorites, with the winning artists nabbing $1,000 apiece.
Make sense? Now here's a bunch of technical details:
- All submissions must use our bag template, in AI, EPS, or PSD format.
- Designs can use only three ink colors: black, Shirt.Woot blue, and Shirt.Woot yellow.
The bag must be white.
- Designs must incorporate our exclamation-point-in-a-circle logo, exactly as it is presented in the template. This can be scaled but not stretched, skewed, or otherwise altered. The exclamation point must be white on a solid background of black, Shirt.Woot blue, or Shirt.Woot yellow.
- We’re not necessarily looking for Shirt.Woot-themed designs. Do whatever, as long as it includes our mark and follows all the other rules, for this Derby and the Derby in general.
- We reserve the right to reject entries that don’t meet our standards or reflect on our company in ways we don’t like. We’ll be sending these bags to thousands of people for a long time to come, so we have in an interest in them not being too crappy, obnoxious, or stupid. The Facebook community will pick the top designs, and we'll pick the winners from that.
- Pay close attention to the Terms & Conditions when submitting: they are different this time. We will own your winning design forever. If that turns you off, don't submit.
- No text except for our exclamation-point-in-a-circle logo. This ban applies even to the words Shirt.Woot. Our exclamation-point logo should be the only text in your design.