The sun is my gold

kharmazero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: help!

3 colors on asphalt

fickce4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fickce4
Re: Nom Cookie

I get the "nom nom" at the bottom in blue but it kinda ruins the flow of the otherwise awesome shirt. I'd be more interested in a version without it.

Other than that, it looks great!

marceepauff

quality posts: 18 Private Messages marceepauff
Re: Word Punch

Aww man, I made it through 4 passes of the rejectionator and thought I was safe! I checked a ton of sites and found that this quote wasn't trademarked. Boo.

marceepauff

marceepauff wrote:Aww man, I made it through 4 passes of the rejectionator and thought I was safe! I checked a ton of sites and found that this quote wasn't trademarked. Boo.

So here's a question... Why are Monty Python and Star Wars movie quotes ok?

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
fickce4 wrote:I get the "nom nom" at the bottom in blue but it kinda ruins the flow of the otherwise awesome shirt. I'd be more interested in a version without it.

Other than that, it looks great!

Thank you!!^^ I know what you mean, but without it the cookie monster reference might bee too subtle :D

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou
wakho wrote:I know you're walking that line every time u submit these... Hopefully this one stays... Fingers crossed!

nah...I don't think this goes anywhere XD but it's fun to try XD

zbooth42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zbooth42
wirdou wrote:Thank you!!^^ I know what you mean, but without it the cookie monster reference might bee too subtle :D

Putting the cookie monster "nom nom" above the cookie might work better, like he's hovering over it about to devour it.

lyonscc

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lyonscc
oakenspirit wrote:This color version is definitely my favorite! Look's sharp.

Thank you!

lonelypond wrote:good choice

kharmazero

bethvet wrote:Stunning.

thanks a lot

taternuggets

quality posts: 23 Private Messages taternuggets
marceepauff wrote:So here's a question... Why are Monty Python and Star Wars movie quotes ok?

Part of it seems to be how litigious an entity might be... star wars and monty python shirts are a dime a dozen and Woot knows they wont be getting a call from a lawyer if they print another one. You start venturing into less exploited intellectual properties and it can be a bit of a crap shoot. I've noticed that woot will print a lot more star wars than star trek shirts... they reject the trek shirts unless the parody is obvious... Star wars seems to skate unless you start throwing in actual "star wars words" like Wookiee, Tatooine, etc... With star trek, you go anywhere near that emblem and you are out.... One thing I've wondered about is now that Disney owns star wars, if that will change things moving forward... Woot steers pretty clear of disney... Anyway...my point is some intellectual properties are "safer" to exploit than others. This is all based on observation and is only my opinion.

Nothing follows.

mspace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mspace

Please win . . .

Re: Pumpkin King

mspace

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mspace

double post error

manda22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manda22

Oh! Memes Galore! i hope this wins i totally need this!

Re: Wub Wub Wub

sjaynedesign

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sjaynedesign
Re: Cats Don't Care

Nice Cat! Looks like he has a lot of cat-attude.

sjaynedesign

Re: Toil and Trouble

Awesome design! Great font, too!

deboraho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deboraho
Re: Toil and Trouble

This would be awesome on a long sleeve T, just in time for fall !! +1

marceepauff

taternuggets wrote:Part of it seems to be how litigious an entity might be... star wars and monty python shirts are a dime a dozen and Woot knows they wont be getting a call from a lawyer if they print another one. You start venturing into less exploited intellectual properties and it can be a bit of a crap shoot. I've noticed that woot will print a lot more star wars than star trek shirts... they reject the trek shirts unless the parody is obvious... Star wars seems to skate unless you start throwing in actual "star wars words" like Wookiee, Tatooine, etc... With star trek, you go anywhere near that emblem and you are out.... One thing I've wondered about is now that Disney owns star wars, if that will change things moving forward... Woot steers pretty clear of disney... Anyway...my point is some intellectual properties are "safer" to exploit than others. This is all based on observation and is only my opinion.

Yea, I know. I just figured since there were over 100 fight club shirts for sale on redbubble and the rejectionator left me alone for a good 8 hours, I was in the clear. It only hurts cause I actually thought I had a shot this time.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow
Re: Hey... Nice Beaver

Nice! We need more Primus references around here.

coconutman1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages coconutman1
Re: You shall not pass!

One color on silver.

I dont know if it's going to be rejected but... I had to do it

Hope you like it!

saltysilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saltysilver
Re: Tis but a scratch

Love it!

theco2

quality posts: 90 Private Messages theco2
Re: wild v2

Now read it to me.

theco2

Re: The Cake is Literally a Lie

Nothing against you, briancurtis, but this "cake is a lie" thing is really getting old. I didn't understand it, in the first place, but now it's like beating a dead horse.

theco2

A lot of these designs remind me of WordWorld. I'm not impressed with this derby, at all. And it's not just the ones that look like that.

kharmazero

theco2 wrote:Now read it to me.

haha!only The Six Million Dollar Man can do that!

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
Re: Arrr, it's a PiRat!

It'll just miss this years Talk Like a Pirate day, but get you votes in now for next years Pi Day and Talk Like a Pirate Day!

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde
Re: Hey... Nice Beaver

You're the guy from the hamburger train, right? GMV

sjaynedesign

Re: Raining Cats and Dogs

The best kind of rain!

sjaynedesign

marceepauff wrote:Yea, I know. I just figured since there were over 100 fight club shirts for sale on redbubble and the rejectionator left me alone for a good 8 hours, I was in the clear. It only hurts cause I actually thought I had a shot this time.

Sorry it got rejected. It was a well done design. I just wanted to say, I wouldn't look to Redbubble for what is in the clear. There are a whole lot of people on Redbubble that get away with murder, as far as copyright goes. Some even take an image straight off the internet and paste it on a shirt. Or steal art off the internet from other well known designers or artists and try to sell it as their own. :/

sjaynedesign

Re: Know Your Heart (Red)

This is a really cool design!

nickmyyou

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nickmyyou
sjaynedesign wrote:This is a really cool design!

Thanks sjaynedesign! What better way to learn anatomy!

bjmantis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bjmantis
Re: Cats Don't Care

I like it, but I wish there were more contrast between the design and the color of the shirt.

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
Re: You Know Nothing

Shoulda posted the full design earlier. Here it is in case anyone wants to see it:

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank
cdrewlow wrote:Nice! We need more Primus references around here.

I agree! Thanks cdrew

flattopfrank

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flattopfrank
rightturnclyde wrote:You're the guy from the hamburger train, right? GMV

Actually I'm just a south bound pachyderm who loves drinking some frosty barley pops and sailing the seas of cheese. Thanks for the vote!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 93 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: On Madness

curiouser and curiouser... +1

(Yay, im#13!)

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
oakenspirit wrote:curiouser and curiouser... +1

(Yay, im#13!)

How peculiar!

oakenspirit

deboraho wrote:This would be awesome on a long sleeve T, just in time for fall !! +1
dewitch333 wrote:I LOOOOVE this! Is it for sale yet?

Thanks guys! I would much like that too!

sjaynedesign wrote:Awesome design! Great font, too!

Thanks! I hand wrote the cauldron but I have actually made a font of a similar handwriting style. I was working on a children's book and (mistakenly) wanted a whimsical font in it so I tried to make this one, called MAYNARD (my cat's name)... It's not amazing but anyone out there in wootland can have it for the small donation of ONE VOTE! (mwahahaha! that's a joke-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2j0az09rje1tw56/Maynard.ttf

oakenspirit

Re: Real Horrorshow

YES!
(for future reference, that is my typical response to anything having to do with Stanley Kubrick on a tshirt... This one is super rad too though!)

oakenspirit

Re: All work and no play...

Be still my heart...