WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever been arrested?
  • 78.4% - No way. I'm a goodie-three-shoes. 679
  • 10.6% - Yes, but I was innocent! 92
  • 11% - Yes, and I totally deserved it (comments plz!) 95
866 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

jkmahan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jkmahan

I put a crescent wrench through a cop car windshield. It was his fault though -- he shouldn't have parked there.

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

My buddy and I went out drinking to celebrate his going to Army helicopter school.
We get pulled over - DUI.
Cop asked me if it was ok if my buddy could drive.
I said hell no!
He had more to drink than I did!
Cop said ok, I'll have to arrest you than.
So we drive my buddy home first, go get some tacos, talk about military life - then the cop takes me to get booked into jail.
An hour and a half later - I still blew 0.14 by breath!
Serious drunk...

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

mishmash5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mishmash5

No way, I'm too effing good to get caught.

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

I've never been arrested, but I'm no angel. Just too smart to get caught.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

I've managed to avoid what few possibilities there've been by either talking my way out of it or being saved by the grace of having an American passport.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Never been caught. Not necessarily because I was clever, more because I was lucky.

Or, in one case, the statute of limitations expired.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pisces42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pisces42

DUI... stupid, stupid me.

bblhed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages bblhed

I was once held for questioning.

Here is a tip for all you kiddies out there, if you see several of your friends acting like something is up and they say "walk with us it will be safer." do not walk with them because you might find yourself being tossed into a police car and being told you are being held as an accessory to attempted murder. Lucky for me all our stories matched up and I joined up with them long after they had done wrong and I didn't know what they did.

halby1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages halby1

no

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

I may have been at a party. I may have been told to go inside (I was on the front lawn) by a police officer. I may had said some rude things. I may have shown him two fingers (one on each hand). I then may have dared him to arrest me.

He then dragged me to the sidewalk, then arrested me for drinking in public. He then cuffed me.

I then proceeded to annoy the I like turtles! out of him until the paddy wagon showed up.

Charges were thrown out. As he put I was drinking High Life from a bottle on the police report. It was a cans party, and I had 24 PBRs to myself.

But I totally deserved it.

RKett

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RKett
bblhed wrote:I was once held for questioning.

Here is a tip for all you kiddies out there, if you see several of your friends acting like something is up and they say "walk with us it will be safer." do not walk with them because you might find yourself being tossed into a police car and being told you are being held as an accessory to attempted murder. Lucky for me all our stories matched up and I joined up with them long after they had done wrong and I didn't know what they did.

Here is a tip for you , get better friends.

hennessy08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hennessy08

DWI when my Astros went to the World Series in 2005

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Never been arrested. In South Florida, the motto is - if you don't get caught, it wasn't illegal.

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138

Eagle Scout. I'd have to turn it in if I were ever arrested.

jfenchel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfenchel

no way, I'm a goodie no shoes

rightturnclyde

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rightturnclyde

Never been arrested. That's what closed doors are for.

AudioFreq

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AudioFreq

Yeah, well, traffic court is mandatory if the fine isn't paid. I was young...stupid.

AudioFreq

yourtor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yourtor

I took a Twinkie and ate it while in the store, then as I was walking out the manager stopped me with a pair of cops they handcuffed me and brought me down the precinct. I was young, they wanted to make a point I guess, it was .49 cents.

chrixie

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chrixie

arrested in middle of the George Washington Bridge for ALLEGEDLY lots of things...... oh.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow

The officer that arrested me said "CDrewlow? Are you related to DDrewlow?" When I said he was my brother, she told me she went to prom with him and to tell him she said "hi." Obviously, if my brother had been a better date, he could have kept me out of jail.

entouragevol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol

I was driving home after a party and got pulled over. I blew a .04 but was still arrested for PI. I was not being an a-hole to the cop either.

I spent my 4 hours in the tank, bonded out and paid the fine. I don't think the cop/jailers was on the up and up because the arrest never showed up on any database.