WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How important is presentation when it comes to food for you?
  • 10.1% - Really important 80
  • 64.8% - Sort of important 514
  • 25.1% - Not important at all 199
793 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

safyrejet

quality posts: 123 Private Messages safyrejet

Considering food's not that important to me the presentation of it is even less important.

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

As always, context is everything.

A well plated dish can set the expectation for taste. Something that looks pretty and tastes like crap is still crap and something that looks like crap but tastes divine is still yummy. But plating can help determine how to eat. The order, what to taste together, and what to eat on it's own, or in sparing amounts.

So it matters, but it's unlikely to uplift shoddy cooking or spoil something wonderful.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

oclafretep

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oclafretep

In a restaurant or when cooking for guests, very important.

At home by myself or with immediate family, we could care less, as long as it tastes good.

moles1138

quality posts: 26 Private Messages moles1138

All of the cooking shows stack the food. I like to keep mine separate and mix as I like it. And quit sprinkling parsley or powdered sugar around the rim of the plate.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

electric1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages electric1

I couldn't care less about how it looks. Give me something that tastes good and I'll eat it... besides what about blind people, they don't care about what it looks like do they?

ladyloerya

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ladyloerya

Make it look appetizing - that's all I ask. If it looks like regurgitated crap then I don't want it no matter how it tastes. But if you try to make it look like art, it might be a pretty picture but you just tried WAY too hard...all I want is to know it tastes good and LOOKS like food.