EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
oakenspirit wrote:Any thoughts on my KAWAII JACKALOPE!? ;) What color do you prefer?

I cast my vote for blue, too.
And congrats for placing first this morning!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 92 Private Messages oakenspirit
omarfeliciano wrote:Here's what I'm planning on submitting tomorrow.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Color choices?

This is awesome. Two of my favorite things! ...and I can totally see Jessie wearing a watchmen shirt-

I really like the blue but think I agree with apelad about the grey popping slightly more.

oakenspirit

ApeLad wrote:I'm going to try another Pip design:

Vote for Pip by Ape Lad, on Flickr

Love your style of illustration man-

oakenspirit

Thanks for all the comments on mine guys- I am now completely sold on the blue- somehow ups the cute with baby blue and pink together at last...

EwingKlipspringer wrote:I cast my vote for blue, too.
And congrats for placing first this morning!

Thanks man! Don't know how it happened but I can't stop smiling-

flemtone

quality posts: 7 Private Messages flemtone
ApeLad wrote:I'm going to try another Pip design:

Vote for Pip by Ape Lad, on Flickr

You can never go wrong with Pip. Love the negative space as well. They print it, I buy it, you betcha.

p0ckets

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p0ckets

Are these guys cute enough for this derby?

oakenspirit

p0ckets wrote:Are these guys cute enough for this derby?

LOVE this one-

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
p0ckets wrote:Are these guys cute enough for this derby?

Yes.

swimmernq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swimmernq

Hey guys this is what I'm thinking of submitting. Any thoughts?

kpkelley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpkelley
marceepauff wrote:If anyone's willing to give feedback, this is what I've got going on so far...

Not sure who is supposed to be on the throne. If that is Joffrey, then the dragon would only make sense if it was shooting fire at him, IMO. Also, keep in mind that there are three dragons. Perhaps having the other two flying around the throne while Viserion toasts some buns would work.

Great idea, though.

marceepauff

quality posts: 17 Private Messages marceepauff

Color choices?

Love it! So funny, my first thought was "cute walter & jesse" and I even started doodling them. Glad I didn't go much further 'cause I wouldn't have been able to compete. Nice work.

PS Thanks KP. Yeah, after I gave up on the cute-Walter I started thinking of other 'evil' characters I could make cute and Joffrey was the first one that popped into my head. I kind of thought it was 'cuter' to have the dragon licking the candy cane throne - but I do like the idea of adding the other two flying around. Appreciate the advice!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Hey y'all I'm having trouble deciding between 2 phrases and various colors. If anyone likes the design and has thoughts, please let me know. ColorsL Cranberry, red, green, blue. Thanks!

jasneko

@Ewing - I like green, then lemon!

@omar- I think the colors go better on the royal blue.
[quote postid="5560636" user="p0ckets"]Are these guys cute enough for this derby?

So cute!! I like it.

orabbit

jasneko wrote:Hey y'all I'm having trouble deciding between 2 phrases and various colors. If anyone likes the design and has thoughts, please let me know. ColorsL Cranberry, red, green, blue. Thanks!

Cranberry / more veggies, says I.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow

I also chose cute cryptids!
@jasneko, I like #2 green or cranberry.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Here's mine, it's dedicated to all the people whose Facebook page is 50% Candy Crush Saga updates. ;)

I went with asphalt instead of black because it seemed like a softer base color for all the halftones to live on...

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish
Spiritgreen wrote:Here's mine, it's dedicated to all the people whose Facebook page is 50% Candy Crush Saga updates. ;)

I went with asphalt instead of black because it seemed like a softer base color for all the halftones to live on...

Glad to see you back!

michesco89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michesco89
oakenspirit wrote:Any thoughts on my KAWAII JACKALOPE!? ;) What color do you prefer?

Super cute. I like the blue and grey ones the best. Good luck!

oakenspirit

jasneko wrote:Hey y'all I'm having trouble deciding between 2 phrases and various colors. If anyone likes the design and has thoughts, please let me know. ColorsL Cranberry, red, green, blue. Thanks!

burg and blue (though I think I prefer burg and we need more of those)

MOAR veggies is MOAR better-

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

I keep trying to make more and more shirt designs for this derby... =/

oakenspirit

cdrewlow wrote:I also chose cute cryptids!

This is really cool- love their personalities...

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

I would love to see some sarcastic cuteness, like things vomiting things and whatnot.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1

hah, when i scrolled through the thread i originally thought you were going for an andy warhol/multiple-copies-of-same-image-in-different-colours feel.

oakenspirit

Spiritgreen wrote:Here's mine, it's dedicated to all the people whose Facebook page is 50% Candy Crush Saga updates. ;)

I think you made a good choice- that's a lot of color you summoned from 6 spots... Fun design.

orabbit

God I suck at cute. I re-drew a really old derby entry. It's the six types of quarks. Any tips to cuten it up? I'll likely redo the shading.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
sonofafish wrote:Glad to see you back!

Thanks, I couldn't sit out a kawaii derby. :p

oakenspirit wrote:I think you made a good choice- that's a lot of color you summoned from 6 spots... Fun design.

Cool, cheers oaken. I managed to make the orange from a careful red/yellow halftone. It's like 7 for the price of 6.

jasneko

Thanks orarabbit and cdrewlow!

oakenspirit wrote:burg and blue (though I think I prefer burg and we need more of those)

MOAR veggies is MOAR better-

Thanks... though..I feel like I must not be up on the slang these days... what is burg?

michesco89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michesco89

Cranberry and blue. and saying MORE veggies! Lol. Makes him seem a little more urgent.

jessisima

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jessisima
cdrewlow wrote:I also chose cute cryptids!

I am always a sucker for cryptids, and these are done so well. I love the personality and detail in both. Great job.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
jasneko wrote:Thanks orarabbit and cdrewlow!

Thanks... though..I feel like I must not be up on the slang these days... what is burg?

I think burg = burgundy = cranberry.

Guess I'm the only one who likes the green best.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 36 Private Messages omarfeliciano

Color choices?

THANKS guys. Really appreciate all the suggestions! This is way out of my comfort zone, so lets see what happens...

Good luck! Can't wait to see all the entries!

cdrewlow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages cdrewlow

Thanks, oakenspirit and jessisima!
Orabbit, maybe no arms, or little glove hands?

bluetuba wrote:I would love to see some sarcastic cuteness, like things vomiting things and whatnot.

That's what we have bootsboots for.

oakenspirit

orabbit wrote:God I suck at cute. I re-drew a really old derby entry. It's the six types of quarks. Any tips to cuten it up? I'll likely redo the shading.

Can only reply in spurts since Im at work- ;) I agree- Don't know if the arms are needed- also, you can change alot about the characters just by slightly altering the placement and size of the faces. The ones you have are great, but play around and see if you like it better- I know I went through about 10 versions on mine.

oakenspirit

Mavyn wrote:I think burg = burgundy = cranberry.

This- burg = cranberry- sorry- ;)

jasneko

Mavyn wrote:I think burg = burgundy = cranberry.

Aha! Thanks.
You're not the only one - cdrewlow liked it too... and I like it. But I kinda like all of them, hence the decision trouble;)

caspertheghost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caspertheghost

interesting how there are so many cute animal designs and link designs haha

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

My derby entries! I want to do a few more if I can.

marikari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marikari
skemmis wrote:no creme-colored shirt blanks

Thanks for asking and thanks for qualifying! I was thinking ice cream or whip cream desserts.

Also check me out at www.facebook.com/MariKariArt
www.redbubble.com/people/inque
http://society6.com/Inque

RyeGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RyeGuy
benjaminleebates wrote:My wife wants me to add the word ",man" to the line he is singing...
What do you think?

I think if you add ", man" to it like your wife suggests, if you've ever heard the song it makes sense and plays in your head making it more impactful to the reader.

I like it the best so far, but I wish the graphic was a little more new, clean & shiny; as opposed to the worn & vintage look, since the derby is cuteness. (I'm not saying it isn't cute, it is. I just think it could be cuter if not for the vintage look.)

teafie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teafie

YES YES YES! I am ready for you, Kawaii Derby. I so wish that I knew how to create a design!!