WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Shooting Blanks

Graphic tees and clothing are an expression of who you are -- what you find funny, what TV shows you watch, what animals you find cutest. And sometimes you aren't in the mood to broadcast that to all and sundry. So pick up a random blank and play hermit for a bit. 



Quality Posts


outmywindow


quality posts: 1 Private Messages outmywindow

Buying them this way (as opposed to through the manufacturer), the lightweight hoodies are more than half off. Here's hoping I don't get three of the same color...

thumperchick


quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

This sale seems odd to me. Why unload all current shirt stock in a blank random sale?
Unless suppliers are changing again?

renegadetim


quality posts: 12 Private Messages renegadetim
thumperchick wrote:This sale seems odd to me. Why unload all current shirt stock in a blank random sale?
Unless suppliers are changing again?



Same here, if it's a supply change, it doesn't seem it will make anyone happy because it's not AA.

It's not like stock of shirts goes bad, so they have to get rid of all the old shirts before they expire...

Maybe all these changes have bankrupt the Shirt.woot world and they're going to stop selling shirts completely?

That's hypothetical of course. I'm not sure they're making more than they used to per shirt, but I'm sure they're probably still making at least the same amount or more with the cheaper cost, extra plus sales, and the catalog being available now as well.

Remember the days of 3000 first day sellouts and a few 6000 first day sellouts(or almost sellouts, can't remember if there were any 6000 sellouts)? Those types of numbers are very rarely reached now...

Slarti59


quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59
outmywindow wrote:Buying them this way (as opposed to through the manufacturer), the lightweight hoodies are more than half off. Here's hoping I don't get three of the same color...



Ditto, and no gold ones.

brendanmwoot


quality posts: 1 Private Messages brendanmwoot

Are the hoodies and the like AA?

patti012320


quality posts: 0 Private Messages patti012320

some of your colors are not even close to what i like --- hopefully u and ur staff have alot of BLACK

theco2


quality posts: 63 Private Messages theco2
brendanmwoot wrote:Are the hoodies and the like AA?

No, they are Anvil.

theco2


quality posts: 63 Private Messages theco2
patti012320 wrote:some of your colors are not even close to what i like --- hopefully u and ur staff have alot of BLACK

Now you will get everything BUT black.

itsbeth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth

Are the v-necks AA? It doesn't give a brand but says made in the US. Am I correct to assume that US = AA and Honduras = Anvil across the board?

thumperchick


quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick
itsbeth wrote:Are the v-necks AA? It doesn't give a brand but says made in the US. Am I correct to assume that US = AA and Honduras = Anvil across the board?



That's the way it's been for the last year, so I would say that is a safe assumption.

itsbeth


quality posts: 0 Private Messages itsbeth

Cool! I have shopped very selectively since the switch so I wasn't sure.

Narfcake


quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
renegadetim wrote:Same here, if it's a supply change, it doesn't seem it will make anyone happy because it's not AA.


There are other blanks out there that are decent and non-AA, but they don't cost less than Anvil.

I do see the Tultex 0202 as an Anvil 980 alternative, but with a smaller color palette and supply issues from time to time, I can't imagine that being a good option either.

It's not like stock of shirts goes bad, so they have to get rid of all the old shirts before they expire...


As a recipient of a well-this-shouldn't-have-happened-shirt (the blanks were at least 2+ years old), there's no expiration date in the standard sense. Storage conditions can dictate otherwise, however.

Maybe all these changes have bankrupt the Shirt.woot world and they're going to stop selling shirts completely?

That's hypothetical of course. I'm not sure they're making more than they used to per shirt, but I'm sure they're probably still making at least the same amount or more with the cheaper cost, extra plus sales, and the catalog being available now as well.


I hope not. More discussion on this at another time ...

Remember the days of 3000 first day sellouts and a few 6000 first day sellouts(or almost sellouts, can't remember if there were any 6000 sellouts)? Those types of numbers are very rarely reached now...


The first 6k sellout was Family Breakfast. The last 6k sellout was Shhhhhhh.

Narfcake


quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake

For clarification on who makes what:

American Apparel:
Random Blank AA LS Tee 2-Pack
Random Blank AA Tee 2-Pack
Random Blank V-Neck Tee 2-Pack
Random Blank Unisex Tank 2-Pack
Random Blank Ladies Tri-Blend Tank 2-Pack

Anvil:
Random Blank Anvil Tee 2-Pack
Random Blank Ladies Tank 2-Pack

Gildan:
Random Blank PO Hoodie
Random Blank Zip Hoodie
Random Blank Crewneck Sweatshirt 2-Pack

Alternative Apparel:
Random Blank LW Hoodie

Augusta Sportswear:
Random Blank Apron
Random Blank Zip Tote

Liberty Bags:
Random Blank Tote 2-Pack

outmywindow


quality posts: 1 Private Messages outmywindow
Slarti59 wrote:Ditto, and no gold ones.



If the gold is the goldenrod/mustard color, I do actually want one of those. But just ONE. Not three.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Narfcake wrote:For clarification on who makes what:

American Apparel:
Random Blank AA LS Tee 2-Pack
Random Blank AA Tee 2-Pack
Random Blank V-Neck Tee 2-Pack
Random Blank Unisex Tank 2-Pack
Random Blank Ladies Tri-Blend Tank 2-Pack

Anvil:
Random Blank Anvil Tee 2-Pack
Random Blank Ladies Tank 2-Pack

Gildan:
Random Blank PO Hoodie
Random Blank Zip Hoodie
Random Blank Crewneck Sweatshirt 2-Pack

Alternative Apparel:
Random Blank LW Hoodie

Augusta Sportswear:
Random Blank Apron
Random Blank Zip Tote

Liberty Bags:
Random Blank Tote 2-Pack



Thanks as always, Narf.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

theco2


quality posts: 63 Private Messages theco2

Oh, I like Gildan. Maybe I should order a blank hoodie or zip-up hoodie.

But blanks are so boring!

kfujita


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kfujita

wasn't expecting to see both this sale and the blanks sale on accessories.woot at the same time.

natedogg828


quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
kfujita wrote:wasn't expecting to see both this sale and the blanks sale on accessories.woot at the same time.


don't forget about the blank sale on the main woot page too

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

Narfcake


quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
natedogg828 wrote:don't forget about the blank sale on the main woot page too


Randoms sales, posted in three places, of blanks they currently use ...

I'll speculate later ...

Gatzby


quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Narfcake wrote:Randoms sales, posted in three places, of blanks they currently use ...

I'll speculate later ...



Just remember what happens when you assume anything. =P

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

joelterrific


quality posts: 21 Private Messages joelterrific

Staff

The truth is, our landlord is coming by next Monday to fix the bathtub drain and we gotta clear out the guest room. All the other speculation is fun to assume, but we just need to make room. It'll be nice to have guests again.

narfcak3


quality posts: 0 Private Messages narfcak3
joelterrific wrote:The truth is, our landlord is coming by next Monday to fix the bathtub drain and we gotta clear out the guest room.


That argument would've worked ... except these aren't slated to ship until 10/02!

All the other speculation is fun to assume, but we just need to make room. It'll be nice to have guests again.


This is one of the scenarios I have ...

Also, I sent both you and Travis an email that may be of significant importance. Don't worry, it doesn't involve some weird foreign scheme or cats or anything.

ETA: Oops, wrong account. Forgot to change back after stuffing the ballot boxes.

kwhicker


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwhicker

why on earth would you spend the money on plain teeshirts of a random color? thats not fun at all. and you can go to the store and get a color you want for way cheaper. Where's Trollface Hiding? woot?

natedogg828


quality posts: 4 Private Messages natedogg828
Gatzby wrote:Just remember what happens when you assume anything. =P



Narf wasn't assuming, just thinking about speculating at a later time

126 Woots to date across all sites (now Woot! says I am better than everyone else) including 7 Bags of Crap...snagged a Big ol' Crybaby (#6) to secure my black square!
Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

ladyoftheword


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ladyoftheword
kwhicker wrote:why on earth would you spend the money on plain teeshirts of a random color? thats not fun at all. and you can go to the store and get a color you want for way cheaper. Where's Trollface Hiding? woot?



Yeah... I buy Woot apparel for the designs, not the fit. If I wanted a plain shirt I'd go to a store I can try it on at.

Narfcake


quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
natedogg828 wrote:Narf wasn't assuming, just thinking about speculating at a later time


Correct. I started the discussion here ...

assbutts


quality posts: 1 Private Messages assbutts
Gatzby wrote:Just remember what happens when you assume anything. =P



Ooooh, what happens?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

pepse19


quality posts: 2 Private Messages pepse19
assbutts wrote:Ooooh, what happens?



that's classified

outmywindow


quality posts: 1 Private Messages outmywindow

I got my tracking email yesterday, and according to FedEx the estimated delivery date is November 6th. NOVEMBER. I'm hoping it's just a mistake; if not, FedEx has decided to ship from Texas to Northern California by going east instead of west.

Hempseed


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hempseed

Thumperchick and renegadetim, the shirts have AA tags instead of woot tags. I'm guessing that's the reason for the purge.

pjbrown


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjbrown



Actually I ordered 2 of the Long Sleeve AA shirts and they were made by Gildan, not AA. And sadly they sent me two of the same color.

Narfcake


quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
pjbrown wrote:Actually I ordered 2 of the Long Sleeve AA shirts and they were made by Gildan, not AA. And sadly they sent me two of the same color.


What the?! Just when I didn't think they could possibly mess up a product that doesn't even need printing ...

Send an email to support@woot ...