WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What classes do you wish you had taken more of in college?
  • 19.5% - Classics/humanities 181
  • 25.4% - Math/science 235
  • 27.5% - "Useful" stuff like business 255
  • 15.6% - None. I didn't much care for the "class" part of college. 145
  • 12% - I didn't go to college 111
927 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

No option for took the right amount of classes, or even took too many of this type of class. Like me, I wonder perhaps if I took too much math/science. Is that even possible?

icthulhu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages icthulhu

My situation is a bit odd -- I had the "breadth" down before I attended college, 'cause I read incessantly in a variety of subjects. I took just about every course available in my chosen major, so I really couldn't do more of that. What I really wish I'd known more about was stuff that didn't really have a course....but was eminently teachable -- things like, "what production actually costs and its drivers" or "how to accomplish things [N.B. -- very similar to "project management"]."

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna

I wish I'd taken programming classes. In my field, I encounter so many moments where being able to whip up a little program to do my stuff would be enormously helpful.

fireflynerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fireflynerd

Now that I've been in the workforce for almost thirty years, I wish I could take more math/science, humanities/languages, AND useful stuff. :/

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

took too many classes in college, but I wish I would have taken more computer science courses instead of business focused information systems type stuff.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

(Got degree in accounting, worked towards MBA in MIS later. All wasted. OJT taught me everything, college just got me the first job.)

If I knew then what I know now... less classes, more extra curricular stuff.

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Engineering.

paulpnevada

quality posts: 26 Private Messages paulpnevada

The liberal arts folks had lots more fun and spare time than us engineering types. They also had a lot more women to socialize with.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 73 Private Messages oakenspirit

I was an art major that dabbed too much and ended up with a masters in art ed and minors in writing, english, and philosophy- Wish I had taken a boat more science though... that's about all I read now.

scizzie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scizzie

Working on a Doctorate, and have never taken a class that wasn't useful. Even if it isn't business management, it makes you a smarter, more well-rounded person, and that is always useful!

helene23186

quality posts: 1 Private Messages helene23186

I double majored in Classics and Math, so none of the above I guess. How about more geek classes like the Physics of Superheroes or History of Rock Music fall under? I wish my school had offered those.

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

More CS/IT. My degree is for computer graphics...I ended up getting a job as a programmer. I wish I had a better base for that.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

trixierix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trixierix

Majored in chemistry acs and minored in math. Very rigorous program that didn't allow me to pick my classes. You basically took all the chem and math offered and that was that. Grad school was a but of the same.

txhagen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages txhagen

3rd century calisthenics