WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Time again for another march toward t-shirt doom! Discuss this week's life-or-death struggle for sales supremacy as chronicled on the Reckoning page all week long.

Here's how the Reckoning week runs now: every Tuesday at midnight, we retire the previous week's lowest-selling shirts and launch this here discussion thread. Tuesday around noon we'll post the all-new, all-early Reckoning Recon. On Friday, we'll juice demand and prime the pump with a little weekend reminder post. Finally, on the following Monday, the Day of Reckoning post sounds the last call for the Reckoned shirts. All of those posts will be linked below. Monday night (or Tuesday morning), it starts all over again. The Reckoning, she is a hungry beast...

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake

Will the current $3 off coupon code (3BUCKS) for shirts in the reckoning or catalog today during this Woot-off be enough to push the foxes to best seller this week, or will Acquired Taste remain as the only shirt to have achieved best seller two times?

HaveAWootDay

quality posts: 5 Private Messages HaveAWootDay

So I put a shirt in the basket and when I go to check out it says $18. Will this magically change to $12 upon actually checking out?

slinkey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slinkey

I believe it has to be a top 20 shirt.

HaveAWootDay wrote:So I put a shirt in the basket and when I go to check out it says $18. Will this magically change to $12 upon actually checking out?

Turxey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Turxey

Looks like the $12 Woot Off Hour (9/25) price is only good for the top 20, or stuff on that page, maybe?

adamant628

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adamant628

Got 2 shirts for $19 using the coupon from my backordered baby purchase. Luckily, the baby isn't even born yet.

HaveAWootDay

quality posts: 5 Private Messages HaveAWootDay

But is says "All shirts $12"

thatlukeguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thatlukeguy
HaveAWootDay wrote:But is says "All shirts $12"

Agreed. I just spent so much time looking for a shirt only to have it show as $18.

wickie7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wickie7
thatlukeguy wrote:Agreed. I just spent so much time looking for a shirt only to have it show as $18.

Same here. Not sure why it would say all shirts $12 only to have some for $18. I feel duped by Woot, which wouldn't be the first time (with different product).

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
HaveAWootDay wrote:But is says "All shirts $12"

If you look at the graphic though it says $15 dollars with a hash through it so it's referencing to the top 20 pricing of $15 not the back catalogue $18, also 20% off $18 dollar shirts would be $14.40 not $12. Sorry

The wording is misleading though hopefully they'll fix that in the future, also hopefully they'll do a sale for the back catalogue sometime.

cmangel518

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cmangel518

Hmmm....I can't get the 3bucks coupon to work?! I have the fox shirt in my cart. Did it expire or am I doing something wrong?

I've lost track of all of useless/useful items I've purchased since April 09, 2007.

Narfcake

cmangel518 wrote:Hmmm....I can't get the 3bucks coupon to work?! I have the fox shirt in my cart. Did it expire or am I doing something wrong?

That coupon code was only valid on Tuesday 9/24.

Also, no chance for The Fox, so Patrick's record stays.

theco2

quality posts: 47 Private Messages theco2

I'm waiting for the day they put all the t-shirts in the catalog at $12. I don't see that happening, any time soon.

There are about 10 t-shirts I want, but I don't want to pay $18 for. I would pay $15 for them (No, I'm not going to buy them all at once).

Narfcake

theco2 wrote:... There are about 10 t-shirts I want, but I don't want to pay $18 for. I would pay $15 for them ...

The coupon on Tuesday would've helped you out there.

It was on the banners across various Woot sites. I posted it here. I'm not sure what else they could've done to pass that along ...

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Narfcake wrote:The coupon on Tuesday would've helped you out there.

It was on the banners across various Woot sites. I posted it here. I'm not sure what else they could've done to pass that along ...

Phone call.

Singing telegram.

Spelled out by an airplane overhead.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Narfcake

Mavyn wrote:Phone call.

Singing telegram.

Okay, now that's getting into overkill territory ...

I mean, a t-shirt signal in the sky could totally eliminate the need for skywriting ...

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Narfcake wrote:Okay, now that's getting into overkill territory ...

I mean, a t-shirt signal in the sky could totally eliminate the need for skywriting ...

Yeah, but it doesn't work well in places with little cloud cover, and some caped dude in a cowl kept showing up.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 21 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
Narfcake wrote:Also, no chance for The Fox, so Patrick's record stays.

Depends on a few things. One, today's shirt may not even sell as many shirts as it got votes. Maybe.

Two, depends on if Fable's advertisements go up a few places / her luck at the con this weekend.

1000 isn't a tough goal to reach, but that hinges on other shirts also doing meh. Which yeah, since it hasn't reached 1000 yet, is very unlikely.

On the bright side, it's hit most newcomers three weeks in a row and is 29 shirts from passing Reason for the Season, which I think is the best selling shirt of the last 4-6 months..?

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

theco2

Narfcake wrote:The coupon on Tuesday would've helped you out there.

I did see that and I just about bought a couple, but I have kind of pushed my limit on t-shirts, lately. I don't want my girlfriend getting too mad at me.

theco2

Mavyn wrote:Phone call.

Singing telegram.

Maybe someone could drop a bunch of t-shirts from an airplane.

Narfcake

Mavyn wrote:Yeah, but it doesn't work well in places with little cloud cover, and some caped dude in a cowl kept showing up.

Superheroes. Go fig.

As dumping shirts out of an airplane would be ... well, dumping, they will still have to resort to other advertising means.

Is snail mail, delivered by actual snails, still relevant these days?