WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Let's talk hot dog. Ketchup or mustard?
  • 22.1% - Ketchup! 212
  • 34.9% - Mustard! 335
  • 35.4% - Both! 340
  • 7.6% - Neither! 73
960 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

lonelypond

quality posts: 409 Private Messages lonelypond

Sauerkraut. Or Merkts Cheddar Cheese and grilled onions.

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8

Ketchup is for burgers. Keep it away from my hot dog. And don't try to give me that awful yellow mustard either.

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

Both, but the mustard HAS to be Beaver Sweet Hot Mustard. Nothing better with a hot dog than burning sinuses!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

Harui

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Harui

CHEESE!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

ajcicala

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ajcicala
prttymf8 wrote:Ketchup is for burgers. Keep it away from my hot dog. And don't try to give me that awful yellow mustard either.

I agree completely. Spicy Brown at a minimum - and onions...

oakenspirit

quality posts: 72 Private Messages oakenspirit

SPICY mustard (sweet hot is GOLD) and APPLE SAUCE is the way to eat them-

onions and dill relish when needed...

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

I hate mustard.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

moles1138

quality posts: 8 Private Messages moles1138
rehta wrote:I hate mustard.

so...ketchup?

moles1138

Stadium or Bertman's Mustard.

ambergreen

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen

Mustard AND Relish!

roadlizard7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roadlizard7

Plain or chili (no beans, of course) and cheese.

ariellem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ariellem

Relish!!!

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
almost no Box of Cobwebs in the past few years (boo :-< )

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14
manhandsha wrote:Both, but the mustard HAS to be Beaver Sweet Hot Mustard. Nothing better with a hot dog than burning sinuses!

That is a good and correct answer. I got a six-pack for Christmas once.

hwalsh10284

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hwalsh10284

No catsoup that should be against the law! Glad they didn't mention mayo that is just plain unamerican (and disgusting).

circusninja

quality posts: 8 Private Messages circusninja

Anyone who puts ketchup on a hot dog should be tried as a communist spy.

niesyf21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niesyf21

Sauerkraut and raw onions. Pickle relish is a viable alternative. Must be slathered with mustard and ketchup.

moles1138

hwalsh10284 wrote:No catsoup that should be against the law! Glad they didn't mention mayo that is just plain unamerican (and disgusting).

Catsoup? Yuck!

I suspect mayo would be like on a bologna sandwich. Essentially the same thing?

moles1138

circusninja wrote:Anyone who puts ketchup on a hot dog should be tried as a communist spy.

I married a Communist?

moles1138

prttymf8 wrote:Ketchup is for burgers. Keep it away from my hot dog. And don't try to give me that awful yellow mustard either.

I do like yellow mustard.
When we went to Chicago I just wanted a plain dog with mustard. It didn't feel right. Shoulda gotten a Chicago Dog. Serves me (us) right, we both got the runs later that evening...all night long.

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

I take my hot dogs plain, no bun even.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

Brown deli mustard and sour kraut - New York style, or chili (no beans) and no mustard. (Never ketchup if you are older than 10.)

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

All the way Carolina style! Mustard, chili, slaw & onions.

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123

My dad says the only people who put ketchup on hot dogs are Texans.

[MOD EDIT] Let's be nice

davemays123

quality posts: 7 Private Messages davemays123
davemays123 wrote:My dad says the only people who put ketchup on hot dogs are Texans.

[MOD EDIT] Let's be nice

It was a quote from the bad news bears. But good to know you're that easily offended by children's movies.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
manhandsha wrote:Both, but the mustard HAS to be Beaver Sweet Hot Mustard. Nothing better with a hot dog than burning sinuses!

I have now ordered this mustard based on your post here.... It had better burn.

Nothing follows.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 72 Private Messages oakenspirit
taternuggets wrote:I have now ordered this mustard based on your post here.... It had better burn.

HA! I did the same.

manhandsha

Staff

taternuggets wrote:I have now ordered this mustard based on your post here.... It had better burn.

You and @oakenspirit are going to thank me; it's soooo good! I use it for everything from chicken salad to steak marinade.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

taternuggets

quality posts: 21 Private Messages taternuggets
manhandsha wrote:You and @oakenspirit are going to thank me; it's soooo good! I use it for everything from chicken salad to steak marinade.

My entire life, I have ultimately always been disappointed in the suggestions made by others in the realms of "hot" or "burn." People always tell me something like "oh, this is really hot... you'll love it.... and I'll try it and be sad that I had been misled once again by someone that doesn't know what "burns" means.

That said, manhandsha, you sir/maam know what burns means. This mustard is pretty damn fantastic and has instantly been added to my list of favorite condiments. Not just heat but great flavor. I'll thank you forever for mentioning it on the part of the internet that I happened to be looking at. Thanks!

Nothing follows.

manhandsha

Staff

taternuggets wrote:My entire life, I have ultimately always been disappointed in the suggestions made by others in the realms of "hot" or "burn." People always tell me something like "oh, this is really hot... you'll love it.... and I'll try it and be sad that I had been misled once again by someone that doesn't know what "burns" means.

That said, manhandsha, you sir/maam know what burns means. This mustard is pretty damn fantastic and has instantly been added to my list of favorite condiments. Not just heat but great flavor. I'll thank you forever for mentioning it on the part of the internet that I happened to be looking at. Thanks!

I'm a ma'am, just so you don't have to feel obligated to put sir/ma'am . BUT, I do know what burn means, and I like my face to be melting off when I eat certain things. I'm glad you like it, it's the only mustard I keep in my fridge. And for reals, marinate a steak in it! Sooooo goooooooooooood