WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Which would be the hardest word to draw in Pictionary?
  • 3% - "Cut to the chase" 27
  • 0.3% - "Talk radio" 3
  • 1.2% - "Beauty shop" 11
  • 25.8% - "Narcissism" 231
  • 50.7% - "Unfathomable" 454
  • 11.8% - "Air" 106
  • 7.1% - I could draw all this stuff so easy. 64
896 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

I'm better at pictionary than charades...oh I've run into some hum-dingers in charades.

Oh and the 40some% who didn't vote "unfathomable" I am really curious what in the world they would draw for that.

dipdac

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dipdac
safyrejet wrote:
Oh and the 40some% who didn't vote "unfathomable" I am really curious what in the world they would draw for that.

I second this.

ardubu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ardubu
safyrejet wrote:I'm better at pictionary than charades...oh I've run into some hum-dingers in charades.

I would draw an cross section of ocean water, with fish. Have a measuring line going down through the "water", with an arrow leading back to a "thought bubble". In the thought bubble, have a circle, with "6 feet" in it, with a diagonal line slashed through the circle (meaning "not 6 feet" or "not a fathom".
Easy.

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

arroyopottery

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arroyopottery

Don't mean to be nitpicky, but half of the choices are actually phrases, not words.

Just sayin'.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud
ardubu wrote:I would draw an cross section of ocean water, with fish. Have a measuring line going down through the "water", with an arrow leading back to a "thought bubble". In the thought bubble, have a circle, with "6 feet" in it, with a diagonal line slashed through the circle (meaning "not 6 feet" or "not a fathom".
Easy.

Fairly sure what you speak of is not allowed in pictionary. Haven't played in a while, but now words and possibly no numbers allowed... or did my dad have us playing hardcore pictionary?

arroyopottery wrote:Don't mean to be nitpicky, but half of the choices are actually phrases, not words.

Just sayin'.

was thinking the same thing... clearly woot writers do this to teat us.

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta
SumDuud wrote:was thinking the same thing... clearly woot writers do this to teat us.

I I can haz? anyone "teat"ing me.

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

hwalsh10284

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hwalsh10284

We got Unfathomable once and my wife and daughter had it in about 15 seconds. Pictionary no one ever got.

jfenchel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfenchel
SumDuud wrote:Fairly sure what you speak of is not allowed in pictionary. Haven't played in a while, but now words and possibly no numbers allowed... or did my dad have us playing hardcore pictionary?

I think he meant actually drawing six feet toes and all but that would take a while to draw everything he is talking about

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet
ardubu wrote:I would draw an cross section of ocean water, with fish. Have a measuring line going down through the "water", with an arrow leading back to a "thought bubble". In the thought bubble, have a circle, with "6 feet" in it, with a diagonal line slashed through the circle (meaning "not 6 feet" or "not a fathom".
Easy.

:/ My only guess for "drawing" unfathomable would have involved something about the ocean, invoking the word "fathom" but the rub is you have to convey it without text characters (so no "6 ft") and you have to get someone else to think of that word. Start drawing the ocean and people are gonna be guessing "ocean", "fishing", maybe you could coax "deep" out of it all....Really the word "fathom" or by extension "unfathomable" isn't a very common word. Even though I knew the word "fathom" exists, it's not a word I see, hear, or think of often and I didn't know until I checked what exact unit of measure it related. I just knew it had something to do with depth in the ocean. So based on my own experience, vocabulary and education level, I wouldn't expect most others I'd play with to know any more than that. I think in the time limit I'd be hardest pressed to come up with anything drawable for that still.

solarhands

quality posts: 2 Private Messages solarhands

Unfathomable is probably the hardest here. But I would start with a confused face then section that off and do a circle with a line sign for not and go for fathom using a person submerged and the approx length from their head to toe. If the guesser does not know what a fathom is, I think you are screwed.