WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Do you enjoy Halloween but dislike spending $120 on a dumb costume you'll take off halfway through the night because it's chafing your inner thighs? Consider a shirt-as-costume! They feature all the fun of Halloween costumes without the hassle and weird latex smell. 

• No Crème Tees
  • Incidental text only
  • Check out some past examples​  

Oh and look at that, some ghoulish bonus prizes to help get in the Halloween spirit:

1st Place Lego Monster Fighters Haunted House and Zombie Garden Gnome

2nd Place McFarland Alien Figurine and Zombie Pink Flamingo

3rd PlaceZombie Survivor Gnome and Zombie Garden Gnome

ALSO! This week we're running a parallel Derby to pick our holiday cards for 2013. Voting happens on Facebook and winners get a cool $250 apiece. Anyway, you can read all about that here

paxdomino

quality posts: 5 Private Messages paxdomino

I think I'll aim for second, I dig that zombie flamingo!

Thank you for voting!

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 5 Private Messages benjaminleebates

No HM derby?!

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit

Been stewing on an idea for a derby like this for weeks- everthing seems to niche, random, or overdone- better speed think!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

benjaminleebates wrote:No HM derby?!

Not yet. It's on the calendar, we just want make sure we get Halloween in given the time sensitivity there. We also had to factor in where the subsequent MoH sale would land and how it effects other sales. No worries, it's coming.

cdrewlow

quality posts: 9 Private Messages cdrewlow
oakenspirit wrote:Been stewing on an idea for a derby like this for weeks- everthing seems to niche, random, or overdone- better speed think!

I'm in the same boat. I've been thinking on this for weeks and can't think of anything that hasn't been done before.

sjaynedesign

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sjaynedesign
cdrewlow wrote:I'm in the same boat. I've been thinking on this for weeks and can't think of anything that hasn't been done before.

I'm in. I think I have an idea...

tjschaeffer

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjschaeffer

I foresee many rejections for "similar shirts exist" in the future.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 39 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

The Monster Fighter Haunted House is seriously awesome.

sonofafish

quality posts: 11 Private Messages sonofafish

Welp, I got nothin. See y'all next week!

marceepauff

quality posts: 14 Private Messages marceepauff

Would you guys consider expanding the printable area for this?

Votes appreciated.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

MEH to costume as shirt again, whatever happened to good old general Halloween theme?

Cool prizes (most badass garden gnome ever) though, I'm curious to see if bribery works beyond the kawaii crowd. I'll bet it'd be fun thinking up theme related voter prizes every week.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

tjschaeffer

bluetuba wrote:MEH to costume as shirt again, whatever happened to good old general Halloween theme?

Cool prizes (most badass garden gnome ever) though, I'm curious to see if bribery works beyond the kawaii crowd. I'll bet it'd be fun thinking up theme related voter prizes every week.

Wait...are they artist prizes or voter prizes? Since it said "bonus" I assumed that to mean on top of the standard artist winnings.

wirdou

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wirdou

Does the t-shirt need to be about Halloween? I already have a "shirt as costume-Halloween related" idea, but I was just wondering (in case I come up with something else), as the past "shirt as costume" derbies were quite broad!

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

wirdou wrote:Does the t-shirt need to be about Halloween? I already have a "shirt as costume-Halloween related" idea, but I was just wondering (in case I come up with something else), as the past "shirt as costume" derbies were quite broad!

Just has to be a costume of some kind... doesn't necessarily have to be tied to Halloween specifically.

The bonus prizes are for artists this week.

And we may be having a second, even more Halloweeny theme coming up. Stay tuned.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

I've been sitting on this idea for a while. This derby was a good enough excuse to get it done.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

OIC reading comprehension fail on my part.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Narfcake

quality posts: 287 Private Messages Narfcake
marceepauff wrote:Would you guys consider expanding the printable area for this?

No can do - equipment limitations.

sjaynedesign

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sjaynedesign

Are the shirts with the highest votes going to come up as the default view again, like they were this past derby?

JoysAreJummy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoysAreJummy

I believe this should be Derby #324.

I organize all my entries by derby name and number so it was easy to catch.

Cool idea for a derby. I'll shall be participating.

theterbeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theterbeh
odysseyroc wrote:I've been sitting on this idea for a while. This derby was a good enough excuse to get it done.

Thats exactly what I need. right now.

tjschaeffer

I'm pretty sure this is the first derby where I've finished an entry the night before in a long, long time...

blk909

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blk909
JoysAreJummy wrote:I believe this should be Derby #324.

Yep. They've made two #323

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit

Anybody out there? How's this? Is it too wordy? I'm not sure if there's a better wording.

kpkelley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kpkelley
orabbit wrote:Anybody out there? How's this? Is it too wordy? I'm not sure if there's a better wording.

Probably doesn't meet the "Incidental text only" standard.

Something like a statue of liberty shirt with a "closed" sign on it would probably pass.

orabbit

quality posts: 31 Private Messages orabbit
kpkelley wrote:Probably doesn't meet the "Incidental text only" standard.

Something like a statue of liberty shirt with a "closed" sign on it would probably pass.

Oh drat, I forgot about the text rule. Oh well.

shikausstan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shikausstan
orabbit wrote:Oh drat, I forgot about the text rule. Oh well.

Other than that I thought it was good.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 79 Private Messages oakenspirit
shikausstan wrote:Other than that I thought it was good.

ditto- timely goodness- maybe daily it. ;)

omaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omaboy

Hey if you don't win or feel like submitting a design but, still want to buy the Zombie Gnome go here (http://www.terrysvillage.com/api/search?Ntt=zombie+gnome). You can get the male for $15 or the set of man and women for just $25.

lilsquiggle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lilsquiggle

Can someone explain what incidental text is? I dont really want to rush getting a design finished tomorrow that is just going to get rejectonatored :/

EDIT: Never mind, managed to stumble across the answer on a past derby xD
"Incidental text only. A nametag or logo is fine as one element of a larger design. "This Shirt Is My Pirate Costume" is not."

makusu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages makusu

First time going to enter the derby... Can't wait for tomorrow.