WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Journals

You don't want to be the person who arts in the elevator or arts loudly in the park. So, what do you do? You take out a Shirt.Woot Journal and you jot down some notes so that you can art later in the privacy of your own home! We partnered with artist-and-school-supporting slash awesome-company Denik to bring you these unique sketchbooks.  

lonelypond

quality posts: 435 Private Messages lonelypond

So unlined? Because that would be the best choice (for me anyway).

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

lonelypond wrote:So unlined? Because that would be the best choice (for me anyway).

Yep all unlined. They're really pretty awesome. Denik does a great job with them.

Narfcake

quality posts: 289 Private Messages Narfcake

Is the page count confirmed? Other Denik journals are noting 200 pages. Just wondering ...

Also, a small caption of the title and artist on the bottom of the back cover would be cool too. Not sure if that could be worked in or not ...

oakenspirit

quality posts: 87 Private Messages oakenspirit

LOVE THESE! Yes woot yes! Gonna stew on which one(s) I want. Wonder if my moleskine pen quiver will fit these-

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Narfcake wrote:Is the page count confirmed? Other Denik journals are noting 200 pages. Just wondering ...

Also, a small caption of the title and artist on the bottom of the back cover would be cool too. Not sure if that could be worked in or not ...

These are at 150. Title and artist name on the cover interior.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 25 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Nothing foxy or otherwise furry-friendly here. I'm disappointed Woot. These would be a great item for the furry-folk to sketch and doodle in. Perhaps for next time, or for the inevitable foxy side sale. (You should talk to r/foxes about that one :D)

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

snapgirls

quality posts: 2 Private Messages snapgirls

I'd buy a handful of these for gifts if I could grab them in lined fashion (college rule would be best). I have quite a few writers that would love to have them.

Anyone know if lined journals are soon to follow?

Narfcake

tgentry wrote:These are at 150. Title and artist name on the cover interior.

Thanks for the confirmations!

safyrejet

quality posts: 122 Private Messages safyrejet

Oh my gosh I want. Unlined?! Yay!!!! I'm so tempted to buy like 3 or 4 of these. I love journals but I'm poor so I usually buy them when I can find them on clearance for like $5. Even 1 here will be a splurge for me.

buraindo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages buraindo

GAWD! *spasmz* Why don't I have any money!!?!??!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3664 Private Messages conanthelibrarian
snapgirls wrote:I'd buy a handful of these for gifts if I could grab them in lined fashion (college rule would be best). I have quite a few writers that would love to have them.

Anyone know if lined journals are soon to follow?

Looks like those of us that would like them lined are in the minority. There are three designs I would liked to of purchased if these were lined. Maybe next time.

eehad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eehad

they all look soooo awesome.
wish woot would give a discount if you buy 5 or more :P
$12 is a bit steep IMHO

catlavander

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catlavander

They ship the same day as the release of the new CoD! Must be an omen. I must buy one....

mmmmm....

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 217 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Liederkranz is double-sided, brilliant. :^)

kkacker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkacker

I just placed an order but I was too late. . .*#!@ Any chance of printing more?

I too would be interested in lined journals.

nailet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nailet

Not loving the perfect binding (over the years sewn bindings have held up far better) but I'd be willing to overlook if a few other criteria are met.

Does anyone know the paper weight (GSM preferably rather than poundage)? I assume this is 150 pages/75 sheets (page count is deceptive if a sheet is so thin the backside cannot be adequately used)? Also are the sheets bright white, standard white, off white, or cream? Finally, it looks as though they have no closure, elastic or otherwise, how are these at staying closed flatly after being put through the paces?

On a tangential note, this would be especially awesome if it were available in a dot grid.

bona fide geek.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

Liederkranz Portal mouse for lab notebook?

Liederkranz Portal mouse for lab notebook.

missakins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missakins

More patterns please. I'm becoming a paper and pen snob and these would be amazing, but not digging any of these as journals.

My insta-buy list:
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/world-domination-for-cats
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/le-chat-dans-la-boite
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/where-schrdinger-venn-overlap
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/cats-resume
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/greetings-from-the-internet
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/life-isnt-that-hard
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/super-effective
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/the-divine-prrrrrrrrrportion
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/nyans-dream
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/love-is-messy
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/call-box-in-blue
http://shirt.woot.com/offers/break-free

Watty

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Watty
conanthelibrarian wrote:Looks like those of us that would like them lined are in the minority. There are three designs I would liked to of purchased if these were lined. Maybe next time.

another college lined fan. I'll just have to wait with you guys.

~ Watty ~

theiking

quality posts: 3 Private Messages theiking

I would buy one but for me waiting nearly a month to get a 12 dollar notebook is undesirable especially if that 12 dollars could be put to use on a shirt which would ship much faster haha.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!!!

Just bought some for Christmas presents. One of my best friends will ONLY buy unlined journals, and there were like 6 designs that I think she would like. (I chose 2.)

And my eldest loves Dragons and needs a new assignment/doodle pad.

SCORE ON THIS END!!

- NOTE - Yep - shipping is still free on these even though they aren't shirts :D

marceepauff

quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff

I want one, but I don't love these design choices. Infinty & Birthplace are twinsies, Shrodinger & Nevermore are twinsies. I know Binge and Nowhere are big sellers but I don't know how well they work on journals. I dunno - I would have tried harder to have a bit more differentiation in the selection? Some more unique designs? *shrug* Maybe next time.

Ryokincaid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ryokincaid
Watty wrote:another college lined fan. I'll just have to wait with you guys.

Just chiming in for lined - I asked on FB and they said " I know we're usually open to offering different options if we see there's enough of a demand to do so." so speak up or forever hold your peace!

aletayr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aletayr
Ryokincaid wrote:Just chiming in for lined - I asked on FB and they said " I know we're usually open to offering different options if we see there's enough of a demand to do so." so speak up or forever hold your peace!

I'd love college ruled as well. Still getting at least one, but I write more than I draw or sketch.

morninglark

quality posts: 23 Private Messages morninglark

Wow, journals! Just in time for Nanowrimo! Of course lined would be better for writing, . .still the inkwell would be nice.

choiceweb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages choiceweb

Awesome. Bought one for me and the Mrs. We really don't need more journals, but am glad to see Woot offer such awesome designs.

Oh and I would like a lined option, too.

kattykathy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kattykathy

Still debating on which design[s] to get but did want to chime in. I'm going to get one or two for gifts but personally I need at least lined. As an engineer I would be an instant buy if any were dot grid :-P

Edit: or Polar grid... I would be broke if there were ever any with polar paper

Narfcake

marceepauff wrote:I want one, but I don't love these design choices. Infinty & Birthplace are twinsies, Shrodinger & Nevermore are twinsies. ...

Similar in theme, but not the same. Keep in mind that some folks have opinions over some artists too.

saltysilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saltysilver

I purchased one. Can't. Wait until it arrives. I was happy to see no lines. Draw,write or just plan odd notes will be jotted down in mine.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 87 Private Messages oakenspirit
morninglark wrote:Wow, journals! Just in time for Nanowrimo! Of course lined would be better for writing, . .still the inkwell would be nice.

This is exactly why I just bought 2! Woot should start a NANOWRIMO group!!!

kinkajou1015

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kinkajou1015

So I've noticed the back cover has the mouse legs fixed so they are outside the portal. I guess all the complaints about the back looking a little bit too much like a male reproductive cell (including some from a manager at my work that said I couldn't wear the shirt to work anymore... I still did on occasion) and Woot got Bass to redo it. I hope they update the shirt itself with the legs so I can rebuy it ;)

Narfcake

kinkajou1015 wrote:... I hope they update the shirt itself with the legs so I can rebuy it ;)

It was updated. They'll bring it back sooner or later, I suppose...

Shmuel510

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Shmuel510

Colors of a Feather is perfect for this. Alas, I know if I bought it, it would only join all the other journals I have and never actually use...

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
Ryokincaid wrote:Just chiming in for lined - I asked on FB and they said " I know we're usually open to offering different options if we see there's enough of a demand to do so." so speak up or forever hold your pens!

fixed

that was fun while it lasted!

fontraid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fontraid

How does the +$5 overnight shipping work for this, since these are printed to order? Would the order still have to wait until 11/5 to be processed? Asking because I'm trying to figure out if I can get this in time for a birthday present...

Also, put me in the camp interested in lined journals.

manhandsha

quality posts: 35 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

fontraid wrote:How does the +$5 overnight shipping work for this, since these are printed to order? Would the order still have to wait until 11/5 to be processed? Asking because I'm trying to figure out if I can get this in time for a birthday present...

Also, put me in the camp interested in lined journals.

I'm not sure overnight shipping will be an option for this. You can add it to your cart and see if the option shows up without placing your order. Hope that helps!

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
manhandsha wrote:I'm not sure overnight shipping will be an option for this. You can add it to your cart and see if the option shows up without placing your order. Hope that helps!

but but but... I want my journal tomorrow!

that was fun while it lasted!

whirlygirly

quality posts: 2 Private Messages whirlygirly

I would like lined journals as well. Also, I would really love Rule #1: Cardio to use as an exercise journal.

marceepauff

quality posts: 15 Private Messages marceepauff
Narfcake wrote:Similar in theme, but not the same. Keep in mind that some folks have opinions over some artists too.

Of course, Narf. I wasn't trying to be insulting, I was just pining for a little more selection. I'm sure everyone has their favorites.