pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:Hi all.

Poof I'm so glad Poof Guy doesn't have shingles!!!

I got persimmons and se kind of beet in my bountiful basket today. I've never had a persimmon before...

Me, too. I'm taking him breakfast in the morning. Ihad dinner there tonight with him and it was unbelievably bad. The "chef" came out and asked how everything was and I had to tell him. The turkey alfredo was so dry as to be inedible. The mixed veggies were overflowing with pepper, but not bad. And...ready?...lime jello for dessert. And I think it was sugar free. The "chef" (looked about 19) said they were short of help, supposed to get someone else on Tuesday, but was cooking for 16 people by himself.

Now, I'm sorry, but I could cook better than that for 16 people. Husband said there were powdered eggs for breakfast!

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Me, too. I'm taking him breakfast in the morning. Ihad dinner there tonight with him and it was unbelievably bad. The "chef" came out and asked how everything was and I had to tell him. The turkey alfredo was so dry as to be inedible. The mixed veggies were overflowing with pepper, but not bad. And...ready?...lime jello for dessert. And I think it was sugar free. The "chef" (looked about 19) said they were short of help, supposed to get someone else on Tuesday, but was cooking for 16 people by himself.

Now, I'm sorry, but I could cook better than that for 16 people. Husband said there were powdered eggs for breakfast!

Other than the food, how does he feel?
How is the therapy going?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Me, too. I'm taking him breakfast in the morning. Ihad dinner there tonight with him and it was unbelievably bad. The "chef" came out and asked how everything was and I had to tell him. The turkey alfredo was so dry as to be inedible. The mixed veggies were overflowing with pepper, but not bad. And...ready?...lime jello for dessert. And I think it was sugar free. The "chef" (looked about 19) said they were short of help, supposed to get someone else on Tuesday, but was cooking for 16 people by himself.

Yup. Went through this with my mom for a month. They used liquid eggs because "they couldn't have real eggs because of kitchen health rules". Full of crap.

I use liquid eggs sometimes and mine don't turn out as a 1lb mass of congealed yellow lol

But mom had great therapists so she just lived with it till she was strong enough to go to my house

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Other than the food, how does he feel?
How is the therapy going?

I was impressed with the therapists Friday. Of course he didn't get much then, and not a whole lot over the weekend. I presume Monday is going to be more of it. He's doing good, I think. Walking behind him, it's amazing how straight the leg that has the new knee is compared to the other one.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:I was impressed with the therapists Friday. Of course he didn't get much then, and not a whole lot over the weekend. I presume Monday is going to be more of it. He's doing good, I think. Walking behind him, it's amazing how straight the leg that has the new knee is compared to the other one.

Hopefully the therapy goes well. Does he has to go see dr before getting released?

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Hopefully the therapy goes well. Does he has to go see dr before getting released?

As far as I know, he could walk (so to speak) out of there at any time and set up PT at home. He sees the doctor on the 28th.

Because he was able to do ten leg lifts correctly, they dispensed with the brace Friday. That probably cost $1,000. So, should we keep it for the other knee eventually or get a newer one?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:As far as I know, he could walk (so to speak) out of there at any time and set up PT at home. He sees the doctor on the 28th.

Because he was able to do ten leg lifts correctly, they dispensed with the brace Friday. That probably cost $1,000. So, should we keep it for the other knee eventually or get a newer one?

Might as well keep the brace.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:As far as I know, he could walk (so to speak) out of there at any time and set up PT at home. He sees the doctor on the 28th.

Keep it. You may be able to use it.

pooflady

I wonder why you never find beef stroganoff on a menu.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
kdccrosby wrote:Hi all.

Poof I'm so glad Poof Guy doesn't have shingles!!!

I got persimmons and se kind of beet in my bountiful basket today. I've never had a persimmon before...

Do you know what type of persimmon you received? They are eaten at different times depending on the type. Basically the tall pointy ended ones need to be very soft to be good. Otherwise your mouth will learn about pucker power. The short flat bottomed ones are better slightly soft, like an apple.

This webpage describes them.http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/introducing-4-persimmon-varieties/

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser

Hoping Poofguy is feeling better soon. It can be hard when you see someone hurting and being grumpy, even when you know they aren't mad with you it can get tough.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

D'name, tell your daughter to go get the shingles vaccination. Yes, it's not 100%, but worth it. Shingles can occur multiple times, and it gets worse as you age.

Spent the day working outside. Weeds are whacked along the drainage ditch, around the mailbox, and along the driveway. Still have a mess in the backyard, but it's been mowed, the garlic is looking good, tomatoes are all harvested, and I went another round with the blackberry from hell. Chopped down all that was visible, plus pulled about 30 FEET out from under the deck. Didn't get roots, so I know it will be back.

Also remove 6 maple saplings.

And trimmed back one of the hydrangeas. Silly things are a mess. Cut all the blooms off and have them in vases on the mantle.

Hope poofguy continues to improve! Make sure he's remembering the PT moves--doing as many of them as he can from home will really help.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Evening folks.

Weird thing of the day:
A large woman without a bra on. Enormous
lady parts were down around her waist.
Doesn't she have a mirror?

That made older lady in cheerleading skirt look well dressed.

Also, what is the deal with babies dressed for fall, but with bare feet? I know they kick the socks off, but if you have a hat on a kid, they need socks!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

jawsuser wrote:Do you know what type of persimmon you received? They are eaten at different times depending on the type. Basically the tall pointy ended ones need to be very soft to be good. Otherwise your mouth will learn about pucker power. The short flat bottomed ones are better slightly soft, like an apple.

This webpage describes them.http://www.shockinglydelicious.com/introducing-4-persimmon-varieties/

It is the kind that looks like a mini-tomato - so I think I can eat it when it's a little firmer than the others. I ate one, it was good. I peeled it - didn't like the skin

sigh - I can't remember how to resize pics.

Mavyn

dontwantaname wrote:Evening folks.

Weird thing of the day:
A large woman without a bra on. Enormous
lady parts were down around her waist.
Doesn't she have a mirror?

That reminds me of the garage sale I had in Wyoming. There was a couple, the guy was a skinny, long haired kid, wife was hippy looking and VERY pregnant, to the pointer her innie was an outie. Bra-less. My boyfriend saw her and said 'Look, it's Orion's belt!'

kdccrosby

Mavyn wrote:That reminds me of the garage sale I had in Wyoming. There was a couple, the guy was a skinny, long haired kid, wife was hippy looking and VERY pregnant, to the pointer her innie was an outie. Bra-less. My boyfriend saw her and said 'Look, it's Orion's belt!'

Lol!!

I always assume someone with big sagging knockers and no bra plans to use them in self defense. Spin around in a circle and knock someone out.

I keep my own in a bra, as I don't want to end up on people of wal mart websites lol

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:D'name, tell your daughter to go get the shingles vaccination. Yes, it's not 100%, but worth it. Shingles can occur multiple times, and it gets worse as you age.

Spent the day working outside. Weeds are whacked along the drainage ditch, around the mailbox, and along the driveway. Still have a mess in the backyard, but it's been mowed, the garlic is looking good, tomatoes are all harvested, and I went another round with the blackberry from hell. Chopped down all that was visible, plus pulled about 30 FEET out from under the deck. Didn't get roots, so I know it will be back.

Also remove 6 maple saplings.

And trimmed back one of the hydrangeas. Silly things are a mess. Cut all the blooms off and have them in vases on the mantle.

Hope poofguy continues to improve! Make sure he's remembering the PT moves--doing as many of them as he can from home will really help.

He's in rehab, so they'll make sure he's doing what he's supposed to be doing. I walked in on the tail end of PT this morning and it was balance and leg lifts. I think he's doing great, but what do I know?

I love hydrangeas, especially the way they're different colors in different soil.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:He's in rehab, so they'll make sure he's doing what he's supposed to be doing. I walked in on the tail end of PT this morning and it was balance and leg lifts. I think he's doing great, but what do I know?

I love hydrangeas, especially the way they're different colors in different soil.

I didn't know that about the soil.

Mayvn - love your pics! I wish I had photography skills

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Elizabeth's shoes and socks disappear. She sheds them immediately after you put them on her. Temperature doesn't seem to matter. I'm going to suggest tights. They went to church with us. By the time we got to church (maybe a 5 minute drive) no shoes or socks! She loved the nursery. There were other babies to watch. Daughter said she pushed a little boy down. All he was doing was looking at her!

Mavyn

First frost of the year! Thought the backyard looked frosty, car windows confirmed it. Glad I brought in the hydrangeas and tomatoes.

Sometimes, enthusiasm is a good substitute for skill. ;) In truth, I'm getting better but still mostly thumbs and elbows when it comes to using the various settings on the camera.

pooflady

Rats (no offense, D'name). Had a $200 order with a company. Checked the tracking number Friday night and it said UPS had delivered it Tuesday. No, they hadn't. Called the company. Someone whose first language was not English told me the order had been returned and they're never told why, but that the order would be replaced. So I've gone from I'm-going-to-have-a-fight-on-my-hands to cautious optimism.

Mavyn

Poof, meant to ask you a while back...did you sign up for e-bookfling? They send emails with free e-books a few times a month. A lot of them are romances, not a genre I read, but sometimes there's something interesting. Today's is good: The Devils Grin.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Elizabeth's shoes and socks disappear. She sheds them immediately after you put them on her. Temperature doesn't seem to matter. I'm going to suggest tights. They went to church with us. By the time we got to church (maybe a 5 minute drive) no shoes or socks! She loved the nursery. There were other babies to watch. Daughter said she pushed a little boy down. All he was doing was looking at her!

My goddaughter had no shoes on one day when her mom went to get her out of the car.
She had shoes when they got in the car.
Mom asked older sisters what happened.
They casually mentioned the baby had thrown them out the window on the drive.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:First frost of the year! Thought the backyard looked frosty, car windows confirmed it. Glad I brought in the hydrangeas and tomatoes.

Sometimes, enthusiasm is a good substitute for skill. ;) In truth, I'm getting better but still mostly thumbs and elbows when it comes to using the various settings on the camera.

Frost.
Maybe I should call the sprinkler company to shut off the in ground lawn sprinkler.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

How is Poofguy today?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
Mavyn wrote:Sometimes, enthusiasm is a good substitute for skill. ;) In truth, I'm getting better but still mostly thumbs and elbows when it comes to using the various settings on the camera.

frankly, i can't even imagine using my elbows to trip the shutter.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:frankly, i can't even imagine using my elbows to trip the shutter.

That is just weird.

Hello Mr1. How is miss 1 doing?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Rats (no offense, D'name). Had a $200 order with a company. Checked the tracking number Friday night and it said UPS had delivered it Tuesday. No, they hadn't. Called the company. Someone whose first language was not English told me the order had been returned and they're never told why, but that the order would be replaced. So I've gone from I'm-going-to-have-a-fight-on-my-hands to cautious optimism.

I can verify from experience here that we're rarely told why. It's just a surprise, "Oh, look what just showed up on our back dock!"

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Poof, meant to ask you a while back...did you sign up for e-bookfling? They send emails with free e-books a few times a month. A lot of them are romances, not a genre I read, but sometimes there's something interesting. Today's is good: The Devils Grin.

Thanks, I'll look into it.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:How is Poofguy today?

About the same. #2 son is taking m-i-l over this afternoon. I'll go later.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:I can verify from experience here that we're rarely told why. It's just a surprise, "Oh, look what just showed up on our back dock!"

I guess when the tracking info showed "delivered," it didn't mean here.

Mavyn

no1 wrote:frankly, i can't even imagine using my elbows to trip the shutter.

Perchance this is the source of my problems!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I guess when the tracking info showed "delivered," it didn't mean here.

We're talking about people that think it's alright to throw a TV over a fence.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
kdccrosby wrote:It is the kind that looks like a mini-tomato - so I think I can eat it when it's a little firmer than the others. I ate one, it was good. I peeled it - didn't like the skin

sigh - I can't remember how to resize pics.

our mini-harvest from a month or two ago. ipod touch with an elbow.

(they ripened after we picked 'em.)

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:We're talking about people that think it's alright to throw a TV over a fence.

My delivery guy is really good.

pooflady

Just talked to husband. He had his first "real" PT today. Not happy. Knows it has to be done, but....Said she was up on the table with him, pushing his knee down.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:Just talked to husband. He had his first "real" PT today. Not happy. Knows it has to be done, but....Said she was up on the table with him, pushing his knee down.

Ouch. :/ Hope he can tough through it--it really does help. One grandmother did the PT, one slacked as much as she could...guess who could walk sooner and better?

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:Ouch. :/ Hope he can tough through it--it really does help. One grandmother did the PT, one slacked as much as she could...guess who could walk sooner and better?

He'll do it. I think this is another reason to go to rehab rather than go home and have PTs come to the house three or four days a week. In rehab, there's no slacking off.

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:He'll do it. I think this is another reason to go to rehab rather than go home and have PTs come to the house three or four days a week. In rehab, there's no slacking off.

Will think happy thoughts for him. They should be icing/heating afterwards too, small compensation though that might be when it hurts NOW.

edlada

quality posts: 3 Private Messages edlada
pooflady wrote:He'll do it. I think this is another reason to go to rehab rather than go home and have PTs come to the house three or four days a week. In rehab, there's no slacking off.

Howdy. If it is any consolation, in my experience, the first week or two was the most painful, after that it is uncomfortable but not so much severe pain. They like to try to get the leg fully extended as soon as possible and boy howdy that hurts when they push it down. I don't know about your hubby, but my doctor was very generous with the pain meds, IV for the first two days and regular tablets after that and extra if I wanted although I never needed more than the time release tabs 3x a day. The up side was the post op pain was all muscle and tendon/ligament pain which to me was better than the bone on bone pain that I had constantly before the surgery. I noticed the lack of bone pain the moment the spinal anesthesia wore off. From what you said Poof Guy is very tall, I am about 6'6" and getting in and out of cars was difficult for a while and it was about 2 months before I could drive because my legs are so long and the knee only bent so much. I am pretty sure your husband will be happy with the result of the surgery soon and the PT really makes a big difference in the outcome of the operation, you know, no pain, no gain.

My dogs like me, that is important.