jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
pooflady wrote:Mmmmm, 1/2 lb. burger, grilled onions, fried mushrooms, garlic mayo, and a side of steamed broccoli. //burp//

Who gets steamed broccoli with a burger???

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

Snow totals from NC, for the curious:

Skye — 1997-2007

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
jqubed wrote:Who gets steamed broccoli with a burger???

Oops, you missed my edit.

I do. Husband doesn't like broccoli so I rarely have it at home. Can get fries any time. Actually, he had cinnamon apples.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Mmmmm, 1/2 lb. burger, grilled onions, fried mushrooms, garlic mayo, and a side of steamed broccoli. //burp//

Tomorrow night, sandwiches from Honeybaked Ham with a side of broccoli salad.

what's with all the broccoli?

pooflady

no1 wrote:what's with all the broccoli?

As I said, husband doesn't like it so I don't often fix it at home.

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
jqubed wrote:Snow totals from NC, for the curious:

I heard they had some pretty wicked drifts on the Outer Banks, but I haven't had time to search the interwebz for pictures.

pooflady

Trying to read instruction book on smart phone. It's not going well. I'm stuck on "set up your voicemail." Daughter-in-law and grandson supposedly got me set up and going a few days ago. But I think they overestimated my ability to know what they were talking about. I need one of them back here to go through the book with me.

pooflady

CNN has a show on about the British Invasion - the '60s. There's a few of us here who were around then.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:CNN has a show on about the British Invasion - the '60s. There's a few of us here who were around then.

I'm recording it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:I'm recording it.

Enjoying it. Catching the names of the "old" guys doing narrative.

pooflady

That's odd, now it's repeating.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:That's odd, now it's repeating.

Oh good. I wasn't recording the second one.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Thank God tomorrow is Friday!

I'm wiped. I'm fighting a headcold and working. Taught three high school teams one-on-one this week and learned a new programming language to do it with (Labview). Not my favorite language, but the perk is the basics are fairly straightforward.

I told my supervisor I'd like to leave early tomorrow, heck I really don't even want to go in, but I have stuff that needs to get done and the "new guy" is clueless and since he's been out sick all week I need to tell him what to do so I can have his help (for what it's worth, grr) I'm really trying to be nice about him (this is the guy that got the job my supervisor wrote for me), but he's never there, and he can not multitask at all. This job is all multitasking (or at least having multiple goals for multiple projects needing to be met each day). He's my friend's husband and he's a nice guy, but he's a pain to work with/around.

Oh well, I've not eaten today because of my insane schedule and my messed up biology that forgets to tell me to eat while I'm doing things.

I hope things are better for everyone else and thanks for letting me rant.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

jqubed

dontwantaname wrote:I'm recording it.

I forgot about that; I meant to record it.

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

KtCallista wrote:Thank God tomorrow is Friday!

I'm wiped. I'm fighting a headcold and working. Taught three high school teams one-on-one this week and learned a new programming language to do it with (Labview). Not my favorite language, but the perk is the basics are fairly straightforward.

I told my supervisor I'd like to leave early tomorrow, heck I really don't even want to go in, but I have stuff that needs to get done and the "new guy" is clueless and since he's been out sick all week I need to tell him what to do so I can have his help (for what it's worth, grr) I'm really trying to be nice about him (this is the guy that got the job my supervisor wrote for me), but he's never there, and he can not multitask at all. This job is all multitasking (or at least having multiple goals for multiple projects needing to be met each day). He's my friend's husband and he's a nice guy, but he's a pain to work with/around.

Oh well, I've not eaten today because of my insane schedule and my messed up biology that forgets to tell me to eat while I'm doing things.

That stinks; I hope you can get some rest this weekend and get to feeling better!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed

And a good morning to all!

Skye — 1997-2007

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
KtCallista wrote:Thank God tomorrow is Friday!

Glad I'm not the only one who rants. Your supervisor will be in for a nasty shock when you're gone and its just the new guy. That is hard, to see a person in the job that was meant to be yours when he can't do it very well.

Hope you are feeling better soon and get some rest this weekend.

jqubed

hot72chev wrote:I heard they had some pretty wicked drifts on the Outer Banks, but I haven't had time to search the interwebz for pictures.

Here's a pic, not of drifts, but of snow on the OBX: https://twitter.com/SeasideVacation/status/429256467162484738/photo/1

Skye — 1997-2007

hot72chev

jqubed wrote:Here's a pick, not of drifts, but of snow on the OBX: https://twitter.com/SeasideVacation/status/429256467162484738/photo/1

Thanks! I have a print of Bodie Island Lighthouse in the snow in my living room. A rare and beautiful sight!

Went out shopping this afternoon and so did everybody else in town. Temps in the 50's, I saw a bunch of frat boys on the roof of their house in shorts. Feels like Spring Break!

I bought some bulbs for my Himalayan Salt Lamps at a lightbulb store. Got home and discovered they won't fit. *Sigh* Back to the bulb store.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I saw someone in shorts and a tee shirt, walking a dog.

It is in the 40's.

Heat wave!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

//sigh//
bored

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote://sigh//
bored

Me too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Me too.

Should start cleaning out the files.

Should.

Should look for the top of my desk.

Again.

Should.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Should start cleaning out the files.

Should.

Should look for the top of my desk.

Again.

Should.

The local art museum has had a Peter Max display for months. It ends soon.
Peter Max must live in the city, because he has come out to the museum a few times.
He is coming Sunday. He will sign posters, if you buy them in the gift shop.
Nobody seems to know who Peter Max is, but I convinced hubby to go with me.
IF I clean the house. (hubby spends every sunday cleaning. He has OCD, I don't care, as long as there are no smells.)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:The local art museum has had a Peter Max display for months. It ends soon.
Peter Max must live in the city, because he has come out to the museum a few times.
IF I clean the house. (hubby spends every sunday cleaning. He has OCD, I don't care, as long as there are no smells.)

Of course I had to Google it. Planning on buying a poster?

hot72chev

dontwantaname wrote:The local art museum has had a Peter Max display for months. It ends soon.

I know who Peter Max is. I'm just an old hippie.

edlada

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edlada
hot72chev wrote:I know who Peter Max is. I'm just an old hippie.

I would love to have an autographed Peter Max poster! I remember him! I think...

My dogs like me, that is important.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

hot72chev wrote:I know who Peter Max is. I'm just an old hippie.

Thank you!
He had posters on the bus and subway when I was in high school. I guess as an ad for something.
Everyone wanted to steal them!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

It looks like you only get a choice of two posters.
There are books too.
I'll see when I get there.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

Yoo-hoo?

hot72chev

Good evening! Went to see "August: Osage County" with MamaChev today. Awesome flick. Meryl Streep can just do anything!

Only thing I did not enjoy was the audience. There were only about a dozen people in the theater, and yet I was disturbed by talking, laughing (during scenes which were not supposed to be funny), and commenting during the movie. Why can't people shut the heck up?

Went out to dinner afterwards. Then visited my great aunt (age 87) in the hospital (gall bladder). It was good to get out and enjoy some semi-warm weather for a change. Won't last long, expecting more cold precip on Monday.

hot72chev

Hey, Woot Customer Service - let me be the anti-whiner for you today. I ordered some perfume from Accessories. Woot on Wednesday evening. My package arrived Saturday morning. Great Job! I am 100% satisfied and now I smell good too!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

hot72chev wrote:Good evening! Went to see "August: Osage County" with MamaChev today. Awesome flick. Meryl Streep can just do anything!

Only thing I did not enjoy was the audience. There were only about a dozen people in the theater, and yet I was disturbed by talking, laughing (during scenes which were not supposed to be funny), and commenting during the movie. Why can't people shut the heck up?

Went out to dinner afterwards. Then visited my great aunt (age 87) in the hospital (gall bladder). It was good to get out and enjoy some semi-warm weather for a change. Won't last long, expecting more cold precip on Monday.

That is one of the reasons we stopped going to the movies.
Commercials before the film
talking durning the film
expensive.
why bother?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:That is one of the reasons we stopped going to the movies.
Commercials before the film
talking durning the film
expensive.
why bother?

We've never had a problem with people talking during a movie. Maybe they're just more polite here?

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:We've never had a problem with people talking during a movie. Maybe they're just more polite here?

If I go to a movie with dad I talk trying to describe it to him. Now some theaters have descriptive audio. That would be so wonderful. We could both enjoy the movies more! But haven't been to a movie in ages. And dad won't be going to any more.

Dad update - He definitely had some sort of TIA last weekend. He is weaker, and gets lost in the house more. It is really sad he is even getting turned around in his little bedroom. The sad thing is only God knows how long this will continue.

Somehow he dropped one of his hearing aids in the bedside commode. Thankfully I saw it before I dumped the commode. So it got shipped express to the VA, who will ship it to the manufacturer to have the electronics replaced. I hope they disinfect it also. Don't know how long he will be without the hearing aid. It is bad because he basically can't hear me unless I yell. He can't hear on the telephone so I am translating (yelling in his ear) what people are trying to say to him. This is getting old fast!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
jawsuser wrote:If I go to a movie with dad I talk trying to describe it to him. Now some theaters have descriptive audio. That would be so wonderful. We could both enjoy the movies more! But haven't been to a movie in ages. And dad won't be going to any more.

Dad update - He definitely had some sort of TIA last weekend. He is weaker, and gets lost in the house more. It is really sad he is even getting turned around in his little bedroom. The sad thing is only God knows how long this will continue.

Somehow he dropped one of his hearing aids in the bedside commode. Thankfully I saw it before I dumped the commode. So it got shipped express to the VA, who will ship it to the manufacturer to have the electronics replaced. I hope they disinfect it also. Don't know how long he will be without the hearing aid. It is bad because he basically can't hear me unless I yell. He can't hear on the telephone so I am translating (yelling in his ear) what people are trying to say to him. This is getting old fast!

Audio description is still hit or miss, but not nearly as rare as subtitles. I only talk when I take Orc or my low vision friends. With Orc I tell him the key bits of dialog and sound effects and with my low vision friend I try to remember to describe what I see and not what I hear, but switching between the two is a lot harder than I first thought.

Took the family to a local convention today. First one in the area since 2001. It was small but fun.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

hot72chev

Good morning! I am here to wish all my Wootizen friends Happy Groundhog Day! I am a big fan of the Groundhog. I think it should be the official holiday of February, unlike that other fake, made-up, mass merchandising holiday. Groundhog Day is about the sun, the moon, the planets, and the critters. It's exactly half way between the winter solstice and the spring equinox. That means we have made it half way through a long, cold, dark winter; the sunshine will return and nature will renew itself. Winter WILL end, spring is just around the corner - no matter what that little rodent says!

Now go have some sausage (ground hog - get it?) for breakfast and have a great day!

dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall

Mmmmmmmm groundhog sausages.

perhaps in a toad in the hole.

edlada

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edlada
dougall wrote:Mmmmmmmm groundhog sausages.

perhaps in a toad in the hole.

Toad in the hole, bubble 'n squeak, bangers and mash, you folks have some odd names for food!

My dogs like me, that is important.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

edlada wrote:Toad in the hole, bubble 'n squeak, bangers and mash, you folks have some odd names for food!

That is why they all move here and marry Italians.
They need to eat.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!