dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:Yep, different. Here's a shot of them both.

Grey one is going to be 15 this year, tortoise shell will be 12 or 13...can't remember exactly when she joined the family.

Scratchy would love to have another cat in the house. He lived with other cats when he was young.

I think, two cats, two dogs and two rats would be perfect.

Hubby thinks one cat and a dog are more than enough.

Daughters cat was just getting to the point that we would leave the door open for her to see our cat and dog.
Looked like the cats were ready to mix.
Didn't look like daughters cat was ready to mix with Rusty.
That cat never grew up with other animals.

It wasn't very human friendly. I would like a cuddly cat.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Well...Maggie is cuddly, with me. Puck is cuddly, with me.

With anyone else...results may vary.

Both like dougall. Neither cat fully trusts the kids, but both have decided the eldest is less offensive.

Both grew up with other pets--Puck's first best friend was a puppy, a mutt named Jasper. They played chase, and she learned to swat like a cat. Then I got another dog, and she dumped him. He liked the 2nd cat, Stanley, but he died at 18 months--kidney failure. Puck spent a lot of time trying to get the other dogs to play chase. He never liked Maggie, from the day she arrived. He thinks she is the rudest possible companion, and he's likely right.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:I vote shoveling. Driving over it smushes it and then it freezes to ice overnight. Shoveling gives you a dry driveway by that night or next day in many cases.

I'm the only one in my neighborhood that shovels my driveway. But son saw the difference the next day when ours was dry and others were thick ice. And ours has a slight incline.

Please remember husband is 69 years old. Ask any doctor. He should not be shoveling heavy snow. I just told him I'd be out in a few minutes to help. I definitely should not be shoveling snow. So if you don't hear from me, I'm the one that had the heart attack.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
pooflady wrote:Please remember husband is 69 years old. Ask any doctor. He should not be shoveling heavy snow. I just told him I'd be out in a few minutes to help. I definitely should not be shoveling snow. So if you don't hear from me, I'm the one that had the heart attack.

We have robotic vacuums, mops, and lawn mowers. We should have robotic snow blowers.

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

dougall

quality posts: 14 Private Messages dougall
jqubed wrote:We have robotic vacuums, mops, and lawn mowers. We should have robotic snow blowers.

I can't see a roomba being deadly once the machines take over.

a snow blower on the other hand...

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Please remember husband is 69 years old. Ask any doctor. He should not be shoveling heavy snow. I just told him I'd be out in a few minutes to help. I definitely should not be shoveling snow. So if you don't hear from me, I'm the one that had the heart attack.

i thought thunderousthighs and maven were volunteering to shovel your driveway.

pooflady

Update. I went outside with coat and hat and he decided to come in. He's mad at me, but he's alive and well.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Mavyn

jqubed wrote:We have robotic vacuums, mops, and lawn mowers. We should have robotic snow blowers.

You can have heaters installed in concrete that will melt it off. Does that count?

Agree, neither poofdude nor pooflady should be shoveling. find someone else to do it!

pooflady

Mavyn wrote:You can have heaters installed in concrete that will melt it off. Does that count?

Agree, neither poofdude nor pooflady should be shoveling. find someone else to do it!

We know people that had the heated driveway. The first time it snowed and they turned it on their electric bill was so high they never did it again.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

http://www.weather.com/video/wuwa-robot-snow-blower-43182

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Mavyn

pooflady wrote:We know people that had the heated driveway. The first time it snowed and they turned it on their electric bill was so high they never did it again.

I don't know how much it costs to run. The people I 'know' that have it live in Vail, CO, so the cost of snow removal might be high enough that this is roughly close to the same or cheaper.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Nobody comes around to shovel anymore.

My in laws were more than happy to pay, but this year nobody has come.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Nobody comes around to shovel anymore.

My in laws were more than happy to pay, but this year nobody has come.

We had guys twice this year for the first time forever. Are they here today? Noooooo.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:We had guys twice this year for the first time forever. Are they here today? Noooooo.

The lawn service does it, but they may take a day or more to get to you.

Hubby did the next door neighbors, who's kids own the lawn service.
I guess they are finally too old.
This time the lawn service truck just came. He didn't do my apron. Matter of fact, he left his parents snow where the snow plow will plow it back into my driveway.

Those guys ran that business out of their parents house for 20 years. For 20 years their employees cars were in front of my house. The employees sat under the tree on my lawn, waiting to get paid, which became a problem when my daughter got older. Other neighbor who speaks spanish, yelled at them for comments they were making about daughter and her friends.

None of this matters, except I think I am entitled to get my apron plowed for free because of it!
It takes less than a minute with the plow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:The lawn service does it, but they may take a day or more to get to you.

Hubby did the next door neighbors, who's kids own the lawn service.
I guess they are finally too old.
This time the lawn service truck just came. He didn't do my apron. Matter of fact, he left his parents snow where the snow plow will plow it back into my driveway.

Those guys ran that business out of their parents house for 20 years. For 20 years their employees cars were in front of my house. The employees sat under the tree on my lawn, waiting to get paid, which became a problem when my daughter got older. Other neighbor who speaks spanish, yelled at them for comments they were making about daughter and her friends.

None of this matters, except I think I am entitled to get my apron plowed for free because of it!
It takes less than a minute with the plow.

Agree.

dougall

dontwantaname wrote:I think I am entitled to get my apron plowed for free

I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dougall wrote:I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means.

You have a strange mind.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dougall wrote:I hope this doesn't mean what I think it means.

regardless, you should put it in the random quotes thread.

dougall

no1 wrote:regardless, you should put it in the random quotes thread.

you're probably right.

jqubed

ThunderThighs wrote:http://www.weather.com/video/wuwa-robot-snow-blower-43182

That lady's sure a killjoy in her tag at the end. I don't think it would turn the Poofs into Wall-E; it will keep them safe.

Skye — 1997-2007

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

jqubed wrote:That lady's sure a killjoy in her tag at the end. I don't think it would turn the Poofs into Wall-E; it will keep them safe.

That looked like an inch of snow.
You need something that will do wet, heavy snow. Like what the snow plough leaves in your driveway.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

jqubed wrote:That lady's sure a killjoy in her tag at the end. I don't think it would turn the Poofs into Wall-E; it will keep them safe.

just like the robots on the axiom! "On the Axiom, you will survive."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Rusty insisted on a walk.

The neighbors plow have the snow so I can only get into my driveway from one direction.

They have been doing plowing since they were in high school. (They had a real lawn service when we moved in. They got to customers dragging mowers behind on their bikes.)

He didn't realize he blocked my driveway and the city plow will totally block me in??????

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Rusty insisted on a walk.

The neighbors plow have the snow so I can only get into my driveway from one direction.

They have been doing plowing since they were in high school. (They had a real lawn service when we moved in. They got to customers dragging mowers behind on their bikes.)

He didn't realize he blocked my driveway and the city plow will totally block me in??????

Or maybe he just doesn't like you.

hot72chev

quality posts: 13 Private Messages hot72chev
ThunderThighs wrote:http://www.weather.com/video/wuwa-robot-snow-blower-43182

That looks like something LB would have built. MamaChev and I purchased a snow blower 2 years before LB passed. He loved machinery. Since then, we have been too wimpy to fire it up. If it's too much for us to shovel, we pay the guy down the street to plow. MamaChev is 67, so I have concern about her out there shoveling, too. We should put the snowblower on Craigslist, I doubt we'll ever man-up and run it.

P.S. Mavyn - lovely kittehs!

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:That looks like something LB would have built. MamaChev and I purchased a snow blower 2 years before LB passed. He loved machinery. Since then, we have been too wimpy to fire it up. If it's too much for us to shovel, we pay the guy down the street to plow. MamaChev is 67, so I have concern about her out there shoveling, too. We should put the snowblower on Craigslist, I doubt we'll ever man-up and run it.

P.S. Mavyn - lovely kittehs!

I think I'd try the snow blower if someone would show me how to use it. Looks kind of fun.

hot72chev

quality posts: 13 Private Messages hot72chev
pooflady wrote:I think I'd try the snow blower if someone would show me how to use it. Looks kind of fun.

I know we could do it if we just tried! We are more mechanically inclined than some ladies. MamaChev does the lawn mowing at our house. What is a snowblower, but a stand-up lawn mower? She's just afraid it'll get away from her and she'll ram into my car!

No badges cluttering up this signature...no-sir-ee-bob.

pooflady

Jeopardy currently is the Battle of the Decades, this one is the '80s. But when introducing some of the contestants, they won in the '90s. Any clues?

no1

pooflady wrote:Jeopardy currently is the Battle of the Decades, this one is the '80s. But when introducing some of the contestants, they won in the '90s. Any clues?

wikipedia says the decades aren't divided at the 10s. it's the first 10 years of jeopardy, starting at 1984, followed by the second and third groups of 10 years.

45 contestants who had all competed in past Tournaments of Champions are divided into decades of Jeopardy! (1984-1993, 1994-2003, 2004-2013)

pooflady

no1 wrote:

Ah, thank you. I missed that part.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Ah, thank you. I missed that part.

I bet he knows all our social security numbers.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

no1

dontwantaname wrote:I bet he knows all our social security numbers.

yours is "4"

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:yours is "4"

You ain't no kid yourself!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

no1 wrote:yours is "4"

//chuckle//

pooflady

Because of both parents being out of town today and tomorrow, we will have granddaughters. However, no one expected a snow day. (Ice) Trying to decide what to do with them. Possibly a movie, Nut Job or Lego seems to be the choices. Don't think I can talk them into Monuments Men. Perhaps make some kind of dessert. Cookies? Has to be something two can work on.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Because of both parents being out of town today and tomorrow, we will have granddaughters. However, no one expected a snow day. (Ice) Trying to decide what to do with them. Possibly a movie, Nut Job or Lego seems to be the choices. Don't think I can talk them into Monuments Men. Perhaps make some kind of dessert. Cookies? Has to be something two can work on.

Lego movie might be crowded. I can't wait to see it though. It's getting great ratings from the Europe release.

It's snowing here today too. Not much but its sticking right away to the streets so working from home. Not worth the risk of the long drive.

If they haven't seen Frozen, it's really good. Son & I both liked it.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

When we had snow days, you couldn't go anywhere because there was too much snow.
If the car could be on the road, there was school.

Now it seems if it snows overnight, there is a snow day.
Thank you Mayor Lindsay for our snow week!
You should have run again. There may have been enough 18 year olds voting for you to get back in!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Lego movie might be crowded. I can't wait to see it though. It's getting great ratings from the Europe release.

It's snowing here today too. Not much but its sticking right away to the streets so working from home. Not worth the risk of the long drive.

If they haven't seen Frozen, it's really good. Son & I both liked it.

Found out they've seen Frozen, one of them twice. Odd - two theaters and the only showing of Lego is 10:00 p.m.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:When we had snow days, you couldn't go anywhere because there was too much snow.
If the car could be on the road, there was school.

Now it seems if it snows overnight, there is a snow day.
Thank you Mayor Lindsay for our snow week!
You should have run again. There may have been enough 18 year olds voting for you to get back in!

This one's because of ice. The back roads are probably a mess. Husband's out chipping away on the driveway. He managed to get the passenger side door open on his truck so he could start it. It's covered in ice.

jqubed

Mavyn wrote:I don't know how much it costs to run. The people I 'know' that have it live in Vail, CO, so the cost of snow removal might be high enough that this is roughly close to the same or cheaper.

That seems like something where geothermal would probably be cost-effective option in the long-term.

Skye — 1997-2007