Woody1150

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Woody1150

FrostByte

quality posts: 11 Private Messages FrostByte

I just stumbled onto this thread.

2218 here, but my Charter number is 2314. Not sure why the discrepancy.

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 56 wine 5 shirt 35 sellout 12 kids 27 hh 2 moofi 3 home 7 sport 6
electronics 3 pop 4 tools 2 a&w 4 computers 0 total 166

waldo381

quality posts: 2 Private Messages waldo381

May 30, 2005
Miss the old Woot.

if you don't want to hear the truth, don't ask!

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

waldo381 wrote:May 30, 2005
Miss the old Woot.

The only good thing is we can go to bed at a normal hour now.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

mwiseman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwiseman

Good point, don'twanna.
I now get more sleep. drink less and go outside more.
And once I quit FaceBook, I plan on getting a job.

hot72chev

quality posts: 11 Private Messages hot72chev
mwiseman wrote:Good point, don'twanna.

Drink less? Well, there's your problem.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Nooooooooooo

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

No quitting facebook. At lest not until all the kids move someplace else and we all go there.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jqubed

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
dontwantaname wrote:No quitting facebook. At lest not until all the kids move someplace else and we all go there.

So you guys ARE following the kids around!

ⅉℚ Seventh Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

TehBug

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TehBug
Halieus wrote:Just wondering... since I haven't seen very many of the "oldies and goodies" posting anymore.

(FYI, that'd be anyone that's got a user number of 147778 or lower.)

I'd have to guess I've been around that long. Don't do much forum stuff though.

mtman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtman

Dec 29, 2004... still kicking

tsbrtrm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tsbrtrm

we're still wooting

DAVIDATURK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DAVIDATURK

I joined in 09 when I was only 14...

evilg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evilg

Joined in 2004 charter member...miss the old woot! Don't frequent as often anymore. I can remember when they made the special Woot! shirt with all our comments on the back. I still have that shirt. I framed it, just to cherish the old days.

jillianf84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jillianf84
Halieus wrote:Just wondering... since I haven't seen very many of the "oldies and goodies" posting anymore.

Man, I never realized how long Woot had been around!

FrostByte

jillianf84 wrote:Man, I never realized how long Woot had been around!

It's been around a while. While I sometimes yearn for the earlier days of "one day one deal", it's still a fun site and one I check daily.

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

ndeans

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ndeans

Still Check Daily, but as the others say it's not like it was, but I'm patient and still buy from time to time.

I wonder what they will do for their 10 year anniversary.

I have too many woots to list.

500 Chars. doesn't cut it w00t.

CooLSpoT

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CooLSpoT

I guess I am old (#125142), but I don't visit Daily like I did for the past 9 years.

Sadly I dont even care about woot offs any more and never go back through the history on every item just to see what I missed out on.

CooLSpoT

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CooLSpoT
mwiseman wrote:
I now get more sleep.

Amen to that!

faughtey

quality posts: 20 Private Messages faughtey

Staff

evilg wrote:Joined in 2004 charter member...miss the old woot! Don't frequent as often anymore. I can remember when they made the special Woot! shirt with all our comments on the back. I still have that shirt. I framed it, just to cherish the old days.

I treasure my old Woot shirt too! Here is what the back of it said (keeping in mind that the Woot filters are going to change some of the words):

This deal was worth it just to read the BUNDLE OF ████ rules! Woot, you're just plain evil. You're a marketing genius. At what point do we all get arrested for buying stolen goods and realize that it was all some eleborate fence? Do not, I repeat, do not buy from this place. If you are already skeptical, you should be. I stayed up til midnight for this? See what you've done to us, woot? What's it feel like to be gods among men? You know what is really sad; I sit here knowing good and well that I ought to be in bed, yet I keep hitting refresh. All you whiners click in the woot? link at the top and read the faq. My insane sleeping patterns have finally paid off. I'll never miss woot! Mwuahahhahha! Damnit, woot!, you're sucking. I've tried like 20 times to order. Fix your web site! I'm trying to figure out the business model here. This website would have made perfect sense in 1997.Okay, what the hell do I do with these bricks? Anyone else pounding the refresh button with me tonight? 8 pounds of crap. That's a lot of crap! Well, just checked out mine, it has a dead heatsink. One motor dedicated to sucking? That sounds like Paris Hilton! A neoprene bag? Or is it three neoprene bags? Hmmmmmmm. I'm so happy. Snapster, who is Helmir Bjorguffsenn? OH MY ██████ ███! More dell speakers! I got mine this time. It's a conspiracy. These robots control the stock market. w00t for Woot! Man I love this site. I stayed up for this??!!

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

acemom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
faughtey wrote:I treasure my old Woot shirt too! Here is what the back of it said (keeping in mind that the Woot filters are going to change some of the words):

This deal was worth it just to read the Bandolier of Carrots rules! Woot, you're just plain evil. You're a marketing genius. At what point do we all get arrested for buying stolen goods and realize that it was all some eleborate fence? Do not, I repeat, do not buy from this place. If you are already skeptical, you should be. I stayed up til midnight for this? See what you've done to us, woot? What's it feel like to be gods among men? You know what is really sad; I sit here knowing good and well that I ought to be in bed, yet I keep hitting refresh. All you whiners click in the woot? link at the top and read the faq. My insane sleeping patterns have finally paid off. I'll never miss woot! Mwuahahhahha! Damnit, woot!, you're sucking. I've tried like 20 times to order. Fix your web site! I'm trying to figure out the business model here. This website would have made perfect sense in 1997.Okay, what the hell do I do with these bricks? Anyone else pounding the refresh button with me tonight? 8 pounds of crap. That's a lot of crap! Well, just checked out mine, it has a dead heatsink. One motor dedicated to sucking? That sounds like Paris Hilton! A neoprene bag? Or is it three neoprene bags? Hmmmmmmm. I'm so happy. Snapster, who is Helmir Bjorguffsenn? Oh My Fragrant Garlic! More dell speakers! I got mine this time. It's a conspiracy. These robots control the stock market. w00t for Woot! Man I love this site. I stayed up for this??!!

I guess I'm an old wooter. I joined in 2005, I don't know my number. I SO miss the old wooters. We all kinda slipped away.
BTW, if anyone wants those Dell speakers.... I have them still in the box. They're yours if you want them.

acemom

acemom wrote:I guess I'm an old wooter. I joined in 2005, I don't know my number. I SO miss the old wooters. We all kinda slipped away.
BTW, if anyone wants those Dell speakers.... I have them still in the box. They're yours if you want them.

Oooops, I just checked and I joined in 2004.

FrostByte

acemom wrote:Oooops, I just checked and I joined in 2004.

Your userid (hover over the PM envelope by a name) is 53883.

acemom

FrostByte wrote:Your userid (hover over the PM envelope by a name) is 53883.

Thanks for that, I still don't see my member number, but who cares? I lurked for months before joining.
Remember the Photoshop contests that Mnementh always won?
I still have a Priority Puck on my desk.

FrostByte

acemom wrote:Thanks for that, I still don't see my member number, but who cares? I lurked for months before joining.
Remember the Photoshop contests that Mnementh always won?
I still have a Priority Puck on my desk.

I forgot to mention you need to look in your status bar to see the URL that would be generated if you clicked on it. Perhaps this image will help. If your mouse is hovering over the envelope by the red arrow, you'll see the ID at the end of the URL by the blue arrow.

You could also just click on the envelope and it will take you to a page that has the same URL in the address bar.

Bluheart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bluheart

I miss the old Woot as well. I don't come here very often now.

james_hardiman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages james_hardiman

Edit: 4623.

I can't mouseover but I've been a Wooter since August 2, 2004. I still have my charter member certificate somewhere.

evilg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evilg
james_hardiman wrote:Edit: 4623.

I can't mouseover but I've been a Wooter since August 2, 2004. I still have my charter member certificate somewhere.

I still have my certificate as well, along with some 5% gift certificate or free shipping...something like that.

Oh an #5879

Chevas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chevas

April 22, 2005 for me. Still lurk from time to time, but haven't bought anything in a while.

justdrew

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justdrew

I cannot recall the last thing I commented on......

justdrew

quality posts: 1 Private Messages justdrew

525073 sometime in '056

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

My first purchase was Jun 22, 2007
My First Purchase which I still use today...

That's 3 jobs (2008 was Brutal) a kids graduation, beating cancer and a lot of fun. (except for the Rif's and Cancer but hey, Woot was always there!)

I have 99 orders and waiting for that "Perfect" item for number 100!

FrostByte

mdrcoast wrote:774372

My first purchase was Jun 22, 2007
My First Purchase which I still use today...

That's 3 jobs (2008 was Brutal) a kids graduation, beating cancer and a lot of fun. (except for the Rif's and Cancer but hey, Woot was always there!)

I have 99 orders and waiting for that "Perfect" item for number 100!

I too waited for a perfect #100... managed a Broccoli on Cheese for mine!

Congrats on kicking cancer's butt.

dreamteam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamteam

Like many I lurked for quite a while before taking the plunge and joining the day I made my first purchase. For me it was New Years Eve 2004 which makes my join date Jan 1 2005 ( after midnight) . I am on an IPad so I have no idea what number that makes me.

Over time my purchases like interest in Woot has slowed but I still like to check it occasionally. The advantage now, is more sleep.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dreamteam wrote:Like many I lurked for quite a while before taking the plunge and joining the day I made my first purchase. For me it was New Years Eve 2004 which makes my join date Jan 1 2005 ( after midnight) . I am on an IPad so I have no idea what number that makes me.

Over time my purchases like interest in Woot has slowed but I still like to check it occasionally. The advantage now, is more sleep.

You're 60725

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

erixdad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erixdad

Huh. Fascinating.

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669

i'm 148566. the lowest userid number i could find is 4 and belongs to Wootbot1:

http://www.woot.com/forums/AddPost.aspx?forumid=0&UserID=4

so technically, wootbot1 (wootbot's parent?) is older than all of us.

Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
--------------------------------------

FrostByte

carl669 wrote:i'm 148566. the lowest userid number i could find is 4 and belongs to Wootbot1:

http://www.woot.com/forums/AddPost.aspx?forumid=0&UserID=4

so technically, wootbot1 (wootbot's parent?) is older than all of us.

Nice investigating. I might start paying more attention to these things!

Xexus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Xexus

195238 - I feel younger now

Signature censored by Woot

JasonSD

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JasonSD

100602 here.

First login in over 4 years. What the heck has this site become?