WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Controversial Tees

Some of our designs get famous. They get shared on Facebook by George Tekai or worn by a celebrity. Others are infamous. They elicit such a mix of admiration and outrage that we don't know whether to be proud or worried. We look at the first kind plenty, so today, we want to focus on the second kind. Check out these controversial tees!

tigerfish313

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313

Who is George Takai? Is he somehow affiliated with George Takei?

safyrejet

quality posts: 121 Private Messages safyrejet

So will this be the most rage filled comment thread ever? It's the internet, that's gonna be a hard title to take, but by golly Woot's giving it their darndest!

manhandsha

quality posts: 33 Private Messages manhandsha

Staff

safyrejet wrote:So will this be the most rage filled comment thread ever? It's the internet, that's gonna be a hard title to take, but by golly Woot's giving it their darndest!

I hope it's not a crazy ragefest.

Have a question about your order or account? Click here to contact Woot Member Services.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3135 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

I like "Special" delivery. I guess I missed it when it was originally offered. Was it controversial?

clarinda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clarinda
conanthelibrarian wrote:I like "Special" delivery. I guess I missed it when it was originally offered. Was it controversial?

I don't understand that one. Could you please explain?

bluejester

quality posts: 557 Private Messages bluejester
clarinda wrote:I don't understand that one. Could you please explain?

The original title was
"Po.rn Stars," I hope this helps. now can some one explain why the Avengers was controversial? I missed that one.

clarinda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clarinda
bluejester wrote:The original title was
"Po.rn Stars," I hope this helps. now can some one explain why the Avengers was controversial? I missed that one.

Thanks. That makes sense.

I assumed some people felt the Avengers shirt was disrespectful to veterans and the original monument.

ilta

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ilta
clarinda wrote:Thanks. That makes sense.

I assumed some people felt the Avengers shirt was disrespectful to veterans and the original monument.

Yes, there was that, or whatever. I'm upset that it mixes DC and Marvel characters. PICK A SIDE.

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
safyrejet wrote:So will this be the most rage filled comment thread ever? It's the internet, that's gonna be a hard title to take, but by golly Woot's giving it their darndest!

Almost certainly not, as this is a plus sale, and therefore won't attract as much attention. Also, these aren't even the really controversial designs, like that x-rayed candy one. C'mon Woot, step it up!

theco2

quality posts: 48 Private Messages theco2

I got my controversial tee, during the shirt-off detour, with Science Rules!

If Independence=Independents were here, as it should be, I would buy it in a heart beat.

Both shirts should be here.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK
manhandsha wrote:I hope it's not a crazy ragefest.

Bring on the popcorn.

Narfcake

quality posts: 279 Private Messages Narfcake
itoaseik wrote:Almost certainly not, as this is a plus sale, and therefore won't attract as much attention.

There's little attention paid here ... until something goes wrong. Folks, the time to ask questions about any uncertainties with the products is before you order, NOT after they arrive.

Also, these aren't even the really controversial designs, like that x-rayed candy one. C'mon Woot, step it up!

They ran that in a side sale a week and a half ago.

I have a few of these through incidental acquisitions (aka from Wooters who rather a stack of older Woot/AA shirts go to a "good home" instead of a thrift store where they might end up being cut up and turned into rags instead).

When it comes to controversy here at shirt.Woot, I do perfer the type that's more like ... "WHERE ARE THE LEGS?!"

itoaseik

quality posts: 2 Private Messages itoaseik
Narfcake wrote:They ran that in a side sale a week and a half ago.

When it comes to controversy here at shirt.Woot, I do perfer the type that's more like ... "WHERE ARE THE LEGS?!"

Good point, forgot about that. But still, these all seem a bit low on the controversy totem pole. The mystery of the disappearing woman was my favorite relevant event as well.

tommytrex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tommytrex

I get the row vs. wade shirt but how is that controversial? Sure it's making light of an important historic event, but there's got to me more to it than that, right?

cxtkrs1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cxtkrs1

I love the China 2145 shirt.

Narfcake wrote:They ran that in a side sale a week and a half ago.

Crap I have the haunted house shirt and would have loved to get my hands on the remix version.

deathysaurusrex

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deathysaurusrex

On the scale of 1 to a homeless man fondling himself in public in a dark alley way, how appropriate will it be if I wore the "F This" shirt into a classroom full of kindergarteners?

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

bluejester wrote:The original title was
"Po.rn Stars," I hope this helps.

I believe there was some controversy when some people got these in bags of kid Randoms. D'oops.

kbsig106

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kbsig106
tgentry wrote:I believe there was some controversy when some people got these in bags of kid Randoms. D'oops.

I once received a random woot of a K6 size, Fuming Mad, not a school shirt or you will be called by the front office! - http://shirt.woot.com/blog/post/fuming-mad?newwindow=true

EwingKlipspringer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EwingKlipspringer
theco2 wrote:I got my controversial tee, during the shirt-off detour, with Science Rules!

If Independence=Independents were here, as it should be, I would buy it in a heart beat.

Both shirts should be here.

Independence=Independents??

Wow! I didn't know anyone even remembered that old thing.

They actually put it in a Plus sale last year around this time with a few other election-themed shirts...